About this listing
This room is in a very spacious and fully-equipped 4-bedroom apartment, close to Leblon-Ipanema Beach, the Botanical Garden and the Lagoon. Guests have access to a private bathroom and can also use the kitchen.
I live in a four-bedroom apartment, with three spare rooms (with beds), and a living room with a sofa, in Gavea neighborhood, one of the most elegant in the city, very safe, green, cozy and with good infrastructure (banks, ATM machines, drugstores, a supermarket and food stores are close-by). I live on my own.
It is a bright room with daylight, spacious, with blinds and A/C. Double bed linens, pillows, comforters and towels are already included.
We also have other two spare rooms available:
It's a fully equipped apartment, with a big kitchen, with a microwave oven, a washing machine, a refrigerator, etc. Besides that, there is also free wi-fi connection and hot shower. The building has doormen and surveillance 24/7.
Interaction with guests
I am well-travelled and interested in getting to know different cultures, whether from Brazil or abroad, so I would be very happy to have guests who would like to interact and share ideas, at least once.
- I love doing sports activities outdoors, such as trekking, and would love to take my guest.
- I enjoy cultural events, and would be pleased to show around the city and tell about its history.
- I am fond of cookout or potluck events, when I can also cook some Brazilian dishes!
- I also love dancing, so going out is a cool option as well.
I work 9-7 but will be pleased to provide tips and support by telephone or e-mail when needed.
Gavea is known as a neighborhood full of artists and intellectuals, where public people always go around. There is also a high number of tourists, many of which are here due to exchange programs at PUC (Pontifical Catholic University), the best private university in the country, and at IMPA (National Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics), one of the top science institutes in the country.
There are lots of bus options (heading to Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Humaitá, Botafogo, Flamengo and downtown) and it's connected to the subway system (integration system), close to General Osorio station. There is also a rental bike spot (Itaú) on my street and a taxi stand in front of Shopping da Gavea. A taxi ride to Leblon or Ipanema beach will have a top cost of 20 reals.
Other things to note
My place is a location-wise spot, near:
- PUC (just beside it);
- Planetarium Theater (in front of it; there is a food truck fair once a month);
- Nightclub 00 (within Planetarium garden);
- Shopping da Gavea (at a 2-min walk, where there are lots of stores, theaters and a cinema);
- Theaters ("Clara Nunes", "Vannucci”, “Teatro dos Quatro" and "Teatro das Artes",, in Shopping da Gavea);
- Cinema (Estacao Vivo, in Shopping da Gavea);
- Casa da Tata (breakfast house, at a 2-min walk);
- Gavea Trade Center (in front of it, where there is also a gastronomy center);
- Santos Dumont Square (at a 5-min walk, a hot spot full of bars, restaurants – such as Garota da Gavea – and active nightlife; known as Baixo Gavea);
- the fanciest beaches in Rio, Leblon beach (at a 15-min walk) and Ipanema beach (at a 20-min walk);
- Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas (at a 15-min walk);
- Moreira Salles Institute;
- Parque Lage (where you can go trekking and also have breakfast);
- Christ, the Redeemer;
- Parque Lage (at a 20-min walk);
- Botanical Garden;
- Jockey Club; and
- Tijuca Forest.
During New Year’s and Carnival seasons, we have special prices!
Visitors are only allowed after permission.
No partying at the apartment, only small gatherings.
No loud music is allowed.
The guest has to be polite and responsible, and keep the house clean, eg the guests must wash the dishes they use.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 16 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We like being polite and attentive to people. So, when we have someone over we are pleased to have the opportunity to show around the city. Rio de Janeiro has great landscapes and sometimes it demands a well-informed person (a local) to take you to those places. We love exchanging cultural perspectives, whether with Brazilians or foreigners. André is a very active person, who loves running, cycling and trekking. Rafaela also likes exercising but prefers going for a walk or watching a movie.
Gostamos de ser educados e atenciosos com as pessoas. Por isso, quando temos hóspedes, temos o prazer de ter a oportunidade de mostrar a cidade. O Rio de Janeiro tem paisagens maravilhosas e algumas vezes é necessário ter uma pessoa que conheça bem o lugar (um nativo) para levar o visitante para ver essas paisagens. Adoramos discutir perspectivas culturais, seja com brasileiros ou estrangeiros. André é uma pessoa bastante ativa, que adora correr, andar de bicicleta e fazer trilhas. Rafaela também gosta de fazer atividades físicas, mas prefere caminhar ou assistir a um filme.