This room is bright and sunny. It is the smallest room in the house but is very popular. My seashell collection is kept here. The door can only be locked from inside (frame 2 small 4 deadbolt.) Never a problem, tho. Room is on 2nd floor next to the bathroom. There is an iron and ironing board in the linen closet next to the bathroom. Really a happy room!
1. Please recycle as much as you can.
2. Please clean up after yourself in the kitchen and wipe table and counter tops if you used them.
3. Please use the dishwasher, loading dishes back-to-front to help prevent breakage.
4. No loud music, excessive drinking or ANY drug use.
5. Please don't spend excessive amounts of time in the bathrooms - it isn't fair to other guests.
6. Please do not bring unannounced overnight guests into the house without notification. There is an additional charge for overnight guests.
7. Please turn off lights and AC when you will be gone for a long period of time.
8. Please make sure you lock the doors upon entering and exiting the building.
9. Please run the exhaust fan in the kitchen when cooking on the cook top.
10. When using the bathroom - please use the exhaust fan and check the shower, floor and sink for hair. Be courteous to the next person using it. Please be aware that others will need the bathroom so please try to limit the amount of time you spend there.
MEN: PLEASE PUT THE SEAT DOWN. (Thank You!)
11. LOCATION OF LIGHTS:
A. The first floor hallway and living room lights are located in the front hall just after you enter the front door. They are on your left.
B. 2nd and 3rd floor hallway lights are located at the top of the staircase on the right.
C. The basement lights are to the extreme left, partially hidden by the door trim at the entrance to the basement. There is no handrail installed yet, so please be careful when entering the basement. The circuit breaker box is to the left of the washing machine if a circuit breaker trips. They don't light up but are loose and just have to be switched off and on again.
D. Dining room lights are on the right hand side as you enter it; kitchen light are the same.
E. Most, but not all - of the light fixtures in the house have dimmer switches; usually there is a small plastic lever to the right of the light switch which goes up and down to adjust the brightness of the lights.
Cozy Room and Peaceful Room do not have a dimmer switches.
F. The vestibule, exterior front light and lady lamp on the staircase always stay on.
G. Please use energy responsibly and turn off lights as you leave a room.
12. I provide coffee, tea and self-serve breakfast. Snacks are provided in the gift baskets. Guests are responsible for buying food for their lunch and dinner. Please do not use breakfast foods for your other meals
13. If you want to have dinner guests - please let me know. I am happy to have my guests have their friends over to use the common spaces - but a little notice is appreciated.
14. OVERNIGHT GUESTS: Unless arranged in advance through AirBnb I don't allow overnight guests. There is nothing more disconcerting than finding a total stranger in my house in the middle of the night, strolling through my home. The complete Safety and Security of my other guests is my primary concern and responsibility.
15. THE SECURITY CODE FOR THE FRONT DOOR IS FOR GUESTS' KNOWLEDGE ONLY. Please do not share this information with ANYONE - and I mean ANYONE who is NOT a PAYING guest. If you are expecting company - please greet them at the door. DO NOT give them the security code to let themselves in with.
16. Please leave desk supplies in the room. I put them there as a courtesy for guests to use. They are tools for working - NOT takeaway gifts.
17. If you need a tool of some kind to repair something - please ask me for it. I don't mind loaning tools - but they are not to leave the building.
18. I also have shoe shine supplies and a sewing basket. Ask me if you need them. Shoe shine items are in the basement on the wooden shelves on the right near the laundry area. The sewing kit is also in the basement.
19. Please enjoy your stay and if there is anything else you need - just ask me for it!
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 235 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
First let me say that I have FIVE (5) ROOMS not Homes!
I have a 6 bedroom house in Charles Village West near R House, Otto bar, BMA, Paper Moon Diner, Sweet 27, Parts and Labor...The Movement Lab,..many activities in my area. There are so many new places opening up around here it is difficult to keep up! Which is very nice, actually.
I HAVE A CAT NAMED HANDSOME - because he IS!
(I spelled that with all caps so people will see that. Have had a few allergic guests who didn't READ. Everything....they were In a hurry....ah-choo!Oopsie!)
He is the real owner of the home and kindly allows me to stay here to pay his bills and spoil him rotten. Handsome grew up as a formerly abused stray in the alley and adopted me. He is an indoor/outdoor kitty; has all of his shots and fairly decent table manners.
Handsome is my co-Host - he welcomes my guests, their massages, adoration and Whisker Lickens' - which guests will find strategically placed throughout the first floor specifically in the kitchen and living room.
Should you reserve a room it is with the understanding you will become part of the HRH staff - so let him in and out of the back door if you would be so kind. (Please and thank you in advance.)
The price of the rooms include: all bed linens and towels, a bathrobe, paper goods, shampoo, conditioner (Pantene), body wash, laundry soap, and coffee and teas.
I enjoy the variety of the people who come through my home on AirBnB and learning from them. From Africa to Australia; China, India, Jordan, England, Ireland, Russia, Lebanon, Pakistan, Japan, Israel, Scotland - and more! It has been my pleasure to Host these guests.
I love art, books, movies, travel, and animals.
My dream destinations are Greece, Italy (ALL of Italy!) Australia, Provence in early summer and Monet's Gardens in Giverny, France - in full bloom in May.