About this listing
This updated Architect owned home has all the amenities you'd expect in a fine hotel, with much more. Modernized but a minimalists dream with open spaces and attention to detail.
Palm Springs TOT Permit 6375
Located in the sought after Tahquitz River Estates neighborhood just 1 mile south of downtown Palm Springs, near the ACE and Parker hotels. Unlike the north end that experiences frequent high winds, the south end of town is much more tame. In 1947, when the banks of the Tahquitz Wash were stabilized, a famous Mid-Century builder from Los Angeles, Paul Trousdale, developed homes on either side of the banks, and called them "Tahquitz River Estates".
This home has been newly refurbished (Summer 2015) to provide an elevated experience for the discerning traveler. The property is perfect for the traveling professional, couples that seek a more spacious and well planned layout, 2 couples, or even small families with children over the age of 12. The property is not suitable for young children. You'll have space to spread out and enjoy each other while having the privacy of separate sleeping quarters and bathrooms. This Architect owned and refurbished home has been thoughtfully updated with the modern amenities you'd expect while preserving it's mid century modern heritage at every turn.
You'll be greeted at the front door with original stone floors and enter into a re-envisioned open floor plan. Designed to make the best use of natural light from abundant windows and minimally furnished to provide a wide open, uncluttered living space. The south facing patio doors look out upon, and open up to an inviting, brand new pool and spa. The new pool is outfitted with a state of the art Ozone/UV Light sanitation system that dramatically reduces the need for chlorine. The result is a much gentler pool water that feels good on the skin and is less irritating. There is hardly any chlorine odor at all. There is lovely outdoor shower just at the foot of the pool to rinse off after bathing.
You'll enjoy a private and luxurious back yard with a powerful bbq grill and outdoor dining and sun lounging area. Plenty of shade is available as well on one of the numerous covered outdoor areas. There is even a swath of green grass between the pool and the patio that will feel great on your feet!
The home is stocked with high quality linens and towels and baths and the kitchen are stocked with plush robes, soaps, shampoos and paper supplies for your stay. There is new laundry in the garage; which is available to our guests for parking as well. The smart TV in the living room is Internet/cable connected. The home has wifi Internet throughout. There is a multi room Sonos bluetooth speaker system that is ready for you to hook up to. The entire house is thoughtfully stocked with everything we can think of to make your stay as relaxing and stress free as possible. Additional services are available from your host, HOST Palm Springs including pre-arrival refrigerator stocking, or most any request you have for your stay, within limits of course!
At El Fenix, you will be greeted at the front door by your local host that will provide you with a tour of the home and will familiarize you with the property. Our goal with this home and HOST Palm Springs is to provide our guests with the best possible vacation experience.
Tax is included. There is an additional one time cleaning fee of $200, and an optional $50 per day spa/pool heat fee. In many vacation rental homes you'll find the garage to be "off limits" and others that do not stock paper supplies or soaps. Not at El Fenix, we look for reasons to say yes, not to say no. Our price reflects a well thought out vacation experience with your satisfaction in mind.
At El Fenix we will personally meet you at the front door with the home ready for you to enjoy. You will be introduced to the property and given a thorough tour to ensure that you know everything you need to know to have a comfortable stay as soon as you walk through the front door.
Interaction with guests
We'll be available to you for emergencies 24 hours a day and will be available for all other questions/requests etc from 8 - 5 pm. Otherwise, we will stay out of your hair and let you enjoy your stay.
Tahquitz River Estates is a charming mid century neighborhood of single family homes just 1 mile south of downtown Palm Springs.
Other things to note
1.Smoking is NOT allowed on the property. Any smoking must occur outside the property gate and all butts must be properly disposed of.
2.People other than those in the guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to above.
3.Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors at any time of day; Code-enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m. Guest agrees to abide by the Ordinance set forth by the City of Palm Springs and laid out in the “Good Neighbor” brochure that is attached as Exhibit B.
4.This home is privately owned; the owners, and Host Palm Springs are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners and Host Palm Springs are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5.PETS are permitted only with prior approval and payment of a pet deposit of $250.
6.Parking: Parking is limited to 1 vehicle per 2 guests. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only, which include the driveway, garage and in front of the home being rented only. Do not park in front of neighbor’s homes. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
7. Garbage: Any garbage must be stowed in the proper garbage or recycling receptacles provided.
8. Hot Tub/Pool: When using the hot tub/pool, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Please remember to turn the hot tub off when not in use. In most situations, the hot tub must be turned off for the pool to heat. Do not change pool heat or timer settings. If you have purchased pool heat, the pool will be heated to 85 degrees from 8 am to 5 pm each day. The spa will be heated to 101 degrees on demand. Tampering with the settings will lead to the loss of security deposit.
Please remember to put all umbrellas in the down position when not in use.
Do not use any glassware outside in the pool or hot tub area. Plastic ware is provided for outdoor use.
If bikes are provided, you use them at your own risk.
9. Fireplace/Fir Pit/Grill: Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace/fire pit. Do not leave fireplace/fire pit/grill on unattended. Fireplace is not to be used to heat the home. Please place cover on grill after it has cooled down.
10. Water and Sewer: During a drought, please use water sparingly. The sewer system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper (and please try to be conservative with toilet paper. Even too much toilet paper in one flush can clog the pipes). No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products, or anything other than toilet paper have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to the entirety of your deposit.
Do not place any large food items, bones, leftovers, fruit cores, peels, etc. in the garbage disposal. Please place as much as possible in the trash to keep from clogging pipes.
11. Please do not place hot items, pots and pans or dishes directly on the counter tops Do not cut anything on the counter tops without a cutting board.
12. Do not move any furniture or unplug any appliances without the permission of Host Palm Springs. Do not strip beds or wash any sheets or towels upon checkout. We appreciate the effort, but housekeepers will pay close attention to separating colors and whites.
13. Please do not set A/C lower than 72 degrees. 72 degrees is a very comfortable temperature in our desert climate. Setting it lower than 72 degrees will not make it cool faster, it will just make it to freeze up and could require a trip to the house by an A/C repairman. If the unit freezes due to the thermostat being set lower than 72 degrees, or from intentionally leaving open doors and windows while A/C is running, the cost of the A/C professional will be deducted from your deposit.
14. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. We do not refund due to road conditions, rain, snow, or any other natural occurrence.
No outdoor amplification of music is allowed per the city of Palm Springs.
Renter must be at least 25 years of age per city ordinance.
This is not a party house, the home is located in a mature, quiet and well maintained neighborhood that does not allow for parties or events.
A disclaimer/contract will need to be signed upon arrival. The disclaimer/contract will me emailed to you prior to arrival for your information.
The security deposit is fully refundable should the home be left in rentable condition. Guests are expected to wash all dishes used and take out trash. Additional cleaning required will be deducted from the deposit. Examples of additional cleaning would be heavy spillage in the refrigerator, oven and grill. Any needed carpet cleaning, collection and removal or trash left behind, heavy markings on walls, heavy hand prints on glass, spillage on furniture, etc. The standard cleaning fee takes care of the laundering of linens, wiping down and dusting of surfaces, bathroom cleaning, and cleaning floors.
No children under the age of 12.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 420 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Host Palm Springs is Terry Parmer and Jeffery Anderson. Both Terry and Jeffery are full time Palm Springs residents who know and love Palm Springs. With 30+ years of hospitality experience, we bring a unique option for homeowners that wish to rent their homes when they are not in residence.