About this listing
Just a few steps down a private garden path brings you to our favourite beach. This extremely comfortable (and recently renovated) apartment sits on the famed Barbados West Coast, conveniently located between Holetown and quaint Speightstown. You will find that we provide everything you need for the perfect vacation - from a kayak and paddle-board for cruising the coast, to beach chairs and a cooler for sundowners on the beach, to masks and a dive flag so you can explore the reef!
Recently renovated, this apartment is as nice as you will find anywhere in Barbados. Our apartment is perfect for a family looking for a beach vacation or for couples wanting to experience the West Coast. Whether you want to lay on the beach, explore the island, or use the stand-up paddle board and kayak (included for free!) you are going to love our little piece of paradise!
Bedroom 1: King size bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity, closet space, safe with digital keypad, porch-access.
Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, air conditioning, ceiling fan, closet space.
Bedroom 3: Two twin beds (which can be easily converted into a king-sized bed), air conditioning, ceiling fan, closet space.
There is only one thing nicer than sipping a world-famous Barbados rum-punch on our beach and that is following it with another rum-punch on the patio afterwards!
The living room/dining room is spacious and breezy. For evenings or the occasional rainy-day we provide our guests with a wide array of board games, a collection of books and magazines, high-speed internet access and tv with cable.
You will have your own parking spot for your rental car, if need be.
You can also use the freshwater shower under the coconut trees on the beach (just be sure to turn it off when you're finished).
We also provide our guests with beach chairs, a cooler to take your drinks to the beach, beach towels, and a stand-up paddle-board and 2 kayaks.
The rental rate also includes a once-a-week housekeeping service.
Interaction with guests
David and Diana live in another apartment in the same building and are available if you need anything while you're enjoying your stay!
Our apartment is located in one of 3 buildings on the James Bay property. We have shared parking with the other buildings and a shared path (less than 100m) that takes you from the steps of your apartment straight down to one of the nicest beaches on the island (honestly our favourite!). The beach is relatively secluded - as there is limited public access and no hotels nearby. The reef immediately in front of the property is perfect for snorkelling and the calm waters make for great swimming, kayaking and stand-up paddle-boarding (all available for free).
The gardens surrounding the properties are exquisitely kept and during mango season we regularly see wild monkeys sitting in the trees above the path.
We are located between Holetown and Speightstown. We are just a few minutes (1.3 miles) away from the Limegrove Shopping Centre (home to a Louis Vuitton, Cartier, and an upscale cigar bar). We are just a short walk (or kayak/paddle-board!) away from Lonestar Restaurant and the famous Juju's beach bar.
We also recommend you check out the various bars and restaurants along Second Street for food and drink (Spago and Red Door Lounge are two of our favourites!).
The famous Sandy Lane and Royal Westmoreland golf courses are only 1.5 miles away.
There is a bus stop just steps from the apartment and the buses run regularly along the West Coast road.
Our previous guests informed us that they had no trouble getting around the island. We also provide our guests with a mini-guide on public transport in Barbados to help you find your way!
If you decide to rent a car (rentals are available from the airport) then we provide free parking with 2 spots available just outside the front door.
Driving in Barbados is a breeze - just remember to stick to the left side of the road!
Other things to note
For new visitors to the island, we highly recommend you visit/do the following in Barbados:
(1) St. Nicholas Abbey - beautiful old plantation house with surrounding sugar cane. They still make bajan rum the old-fashioned way. Well worth a visit.
(2) Catamaran cruises (we recommend Jammin' - but they're really all great) - not for the faint of heart. These day cruises are an all-you-can-drink party day complete with a swim with the world's friendliest sea turtles. We highly recommend it.
(3) Explore the beaches! Barbados has many beautiful beaches. We highly recommend you make a day-trip down South to the see the world-renowned Crane Beach. Of course, the beach at our place is still our favourite (and Barbados' best-kept secret).
(1) While you are free to do so on the open-air porch, we ask that you refrain from smoking in the apartment.
(2) Please do not sit on the indoor furniture with wet swimsuits.
(3) Snorkelling, kayaking and stand-up paddle-boarding are all done at your own risk.
(4) We do not rent out the place as a party venue but, once you are respectful of the place, we are happy for you to entertain a reasonable number of guests during your visit.
(4) Have fun! Please do not hesitate to contact David or Diana if you have any problems while you're visiting.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 5 reviews for other properties.View other reviews