Price Match Guarantee. If you find a lower price on exactly the same stay elsewhere, we'll match it. Amazing views, 2 brm apt, on the 16th floor in the heart of Brisbane city. Max 4 people. Within walking distance of the the major retail area. One car space available. There are also many restaurants close to the building on Albert Street. In the unlikely event where the swipe key cards stop working or you lock yourself out, please dial the number for the building manager on the intercom.
Amazing views, city cntr, 2brm apt, car
Amazing views, city cntr, 2brm apt, car
Detailed Description, House manual
1.Check in after 3:00PM, check out before 10:00AM.
2.Situated on the 16 floor, close to the centre of Brisbane city, within walking distance of the city’s financial district and the major retail area around Queen Street Mall (there is the supermarket COLES in the Queen Street Mall) - there is a city centre map under the TV in the living room.
3.The reception staff do not service the private owners like myself, but they are very friendly. The 1601 apartment is on level 16. There are many brochures behind the reception – when you walk towards the lifts, about where to go and what to visit in Brisbane.
4.In the unlikely event where the swipe key cards stop working, please approach the building manager (he is located on level P1 - please ask the reception to let you to go to P1 in the elevator), advise him you are my guest and please ask him to reset your swipe cards.
5.The swimming pool and gym are on level 1 - access with the key card.
6.Rubbish chute is located on the same floor, opposite the elevator (green door opposite the elevator). To open access the chute, please use the large key on the table under the mirror in the corridor (the other 2 keys from the bedrooms). Please dispose of the rubbish every night and at check out.
7.Please dispose of the rubbish every night and at check out.
8.Please do not lock the balcony doors during your stay and the bedrooms at check out.
9.The airconditioning panel is in the in the entry corridor – there is an on/off button on the panel, the temperature is pre-set to not less than 22 degrees, please do not try to change the pre-set temperature to less than 22 degrees, the rest is self-explanatory. Sometimes after power outages the airconditioning has to be reset – please turn down and up the white and green switch in the switch box, in the cupboard next to the light switch in the kitchen. Please turn the airconditioning off when you are not in the apartment.
10. One car space available - level 3 car park, lot 93. To enter the car park you need the swipe card, so if you drive from the airport you can park on the driveway in front of reception, collect the swipe cards and then drive into the car park. Entry to the reception driveway/car park is from Alice Street, immediately after the construction site at the intersection Albert and Alice Street. Please note Alice Street is a one-way street, you need to be in the very right lane. The car spot is located on the side overlooking Alice Street - the third last, away from the entry to level 3 carpark. The number 93 is marked on the floor on the side towards Alice Street. To exit the car park please follow the exit signs – you need a swipe card to exit as well.
11. Vending machine for drinks and snack is located on level 1 carpark.
12. Not suitable for small children – due to the large balconies with glass panels and glass tables inside and outside, if you bring small children, the host is not responsible for any accidents.
13. No spicy cooking e.g. frying, garlic, curry, fish please. Please clean the ceramic top and the oven every time you cook please – special detergent provided on the kitchen bench.
14. Smoking is allowed outside of the building only, in designated areas.
15. Guests are free to come and go 24/7.
16. Pets are not allowed.
17. No parties, loud music, visitors or party groups are permitted in the residence. No intoxicated persons, e.g. alcohol intoxicated are permitted in the residence.
18. No more that the number of guest listed in the reservation are allowed to stay in the property overnight - there is a CCTV in the building.
19. About the tabs in the main bedroom, in the unsuit - if they are over tightened, when you stop the water, more than 90 degrees, the water keeps dripping from shower head – please do not over tightened the tabs.
20. Manuals for the appliances can be found in the last drawer in the kitchen cabinet.
21. Lights on the bedside tables have a lag after switching on, so please don’t assume they are faulty.
22. The TV in the living room – only free to air channels and the hotel channel available. Program schedule can be downloaded from (URL HIDDEN) Alternatively, free newspapers available to read in reception/café - they have the TV program for the day. To use the DVD player please use the TV remote – source and select YPBPR. To go back to TV select source, DTV.
23. The TV in the bedroom with TV BOX room – to turn on, first make sure the TV box is on (turn on with the remote TEAK) and the turn the TV with the TV remote. Press AV several times, wait for a while, there is a lag, select PAYTV – this only has SKY NEWS and FOX SPORT.
24. Wi-Fi network name: TPG-5TUW2.
25. Fire extinguisher - In the kitchen, in the cupboard next to the light switch.
26. Emergency exits in case of building alarm - shown on the diagram on the entry door.
27. There is a room service and a restaurant in the building. There are also many restaurants close to the building, e.g. in the Capri building on Albert Street, Domino Pizza on Albert Street. Also, there is a brochure on the TV stand about dining out in Brisbane.
28. Also, there is a brochure on the TV stand with the map of the city centre.
29. The closest supermarket is Coles, in the Queen Street Mall – take Albert Street – it is 3 blocks away.
COLES trading hours
Monday to Thursday 7am - 9pm
Friday 7am - 9pm
Saturday 8am - 7pm
Sunday 9am - 6pm
30. Another supermarket Woolworths - it is on Edward Street, in Macarthur shopping centre (same trading hours as COLES).
31. There is a 7/11 shop (open 24 hours) on Margaret and Albert Street and another one on Albert Street but they are more expensive.
32. On the Queen Street Mall, between Albert and Edward Street, there is an information centre about where to go and what to do in Brisbane.
33. You can dial the room service/ the restaurant from the room if you wish to order - phone numbers written on the phone handset.
34. The phone line is internal for the building only – you cannot make landline or mobile phone calls from phone handset in the apartment.
35. Please note the interior and exterior have been cleaned/dusted – unfortunately, when the airconditioning is turned on, dust sometimes accumulates from the building facilities. Also, the balconies accumulate dust very fast due to the proximity to the river. The cushions for the outdoor furniture are behind the TV in the dining room. Please don’t leave them outside if you are not using the furniture.
36. Would you please leave the bedrooms unlocked when checking out and leave the key cards on the little wall table under the mirror in the corridor.
The AirTran allows direct access to/from the international and domestic terminals. Getting around Brisbane on foot, by Bicycle, Taxi, Train or Bus.
Very easy to get from the airport to my place and back.
Option 1 (the cheapest)
The AirTran will take you to the Central Train Station in Business District (CBD). Cost $15 per person one way, $25 return, and travel time about 20 min:
From the Central Station the free city loop (doesn’t operate on the weekends) bus will take you to the City Botanical Garden, which is opposite my place. Cost – free, travel time 10 min. walking distance from the Central Station to my place is about 20 min - take Edward street towards the botanical garden, then turn right at Alice Street, after the intersection with Albert street you will see a construction site, next building is where Quay West is.
Alternatively, taxi from the central Station to my place – please see option 3 for how to book the taxi
Option 2 – transfer from the airport to my place.
Option 3 - taxi
Interesting places to visit are Long Pine Sanctuary for the koalas (take bus 430 from the Queen Street bus station B4 - entry from the street a bit further from behind the news agency in front of Hungry Jacks - there are stairs to go down to the station), South Bank and may be a full trip with the city cat (it takes about 1 hour to go along the river full circle from South Bank to Hamilton and back. If you use the buses and the city cat it may be a good idea to buy a 'go card' from the information centre on Queen Street. Please let me know if I can assist further.
Please leave the apartment tidy when you leave, dishes washed and rubbish in the bins provided upon departure.
Please ensure the air conditioner and all lights are turned off when you are not in the apartment.
The $300 security deposit will be refunded IF the residence is left neat and tidy, including rubbish disposed of AND the key cards are returned.
Thank you so much for staying – hope it will work well for you.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 75 reviews for other properties.View other reviews