About this listing
Villa Merci is one of our most popular casas. You share the house with the owners who are extremely helpful and warm people.
Guests will have total access to all parts of the house excluding areas where the owners reside.
• Smoking is permitted in open air areas but not inside the home
• Having parties in the home that also may include loud music, noise, drinking, drugs, and obnoxious behavior, is not permitted
• Inviting unknown people into the home is not permitted
• Using the the house for casual sexual encounters with Cuban nationals is not permitted
• Guests agree to pay for any damages they cause in the house
• All guests agree to provide good faith responses to normal rental questions about themselves, their group, and the nature of their trip to Cuba
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
This host has 123 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am an American citizen who resides in Havana with my wife and family. I first came to Cuba in 1999 drawn by the vibrant cultural life and unique lifestyle that exists here. In the ensuing years Havana became my second home and I now live here much of the year and run a travel enterprise.
My organization offers a full complement of travel solutions including lodging, guided tours, transportation, and customized itineraries (In accordance with Airbnb rules I can't mention the name our group on their website).
LODGING ON AIRBNB
The private homes & apartments I manage on Airbnb are a selection of properties chosen for their attractiveness, comfort, excellent quality of service, and most importantly, my trusted relationship with the home owners who have authorized me to mange their homes.
All our Havana properties are listed here: https://www.airbnb.com/s?host_id=160632
OUR WAY OF HOSTING YOU
As many people discover - because of a lack of reliable information, travel resources, and basic infrastructure on the Island, travel planning to Cuba can be quite challenging. We offer these solutions.
Pre-Trip Info & Resources
When travelers book lodging with us, we provide valuable information about how to prepare for their trip, airport arrival advise, and guidance on the best options for entertainment, dining, internet access, transportation, and much more.
Arrival At Your Accommodation
Myself or one of my staff will be checking with guests in person or by phone to make sure your group is comfortable in the home, answer questions, and address any concerns.
ADDITIONAL HOSTING & TRAVEL SERVICES
For Airbnb clients wanting extra services my travel group offers three options.
HAVANA JUMP START BUNDLE
All you need to land in Cuba exceptionally prepared.
• Airport pickup & drop off
• Help with currency exchange
• Shopping for supplies
• Internet access cards
• Restaurant reservations
• A guided tour of Old Havana (or another tour of your choice)
PICK THREE TOURS-ACTIVITIES FROM OUR CATALOG (or more)
• Havana city tours
• Day trips
• Special interest activities
(see tour descriptions below)
BE FULLY HOSTED
3 to 5 days of personalized hosting with a fully developed itinerary of tours and activities selected from our catalog and adapted to your special interests.
• Pre-trip consulting and planning
• Everything in the Havana jump start bundle
• Personalized hosting, translation, and guide service with our talented staff-hosts
• A custom itinerary geared toward your group's interests and special requirements
• Transportation with our team of professional drivers
HOW TO BOOK TRAVEL SERVICES
Send me a message and I will direct you to our company website where you can see all our offerings and book travel services.
TOURS - DAY TRIPS - SPECIAL INTEREST ACTIVITIES
Full descriptions on our website.
• A Taste of Old Havana
Experience the revitalized colonial area of the city with a focus on its history, grand architecture, and flourishing cultural life. The four principal plazas of Havana Vieja are the cornerstone of this tour.
• Life at the Margins in Central Havana
A distressed area of the city, but containing hidden gems.
• Rica Habana
Havana is a town with huge contrasts. On this tour you will travel through western Havana, the richer part of town, with trips to some of the more amazing and intriguing locales in the area.
• Afro-Cuban Spiritual Traditions
Encounter the religious and spiritual traditions of Cuba by meeting practitioners and going to spiritual sites.
• Verdant Viñales
A full day in Viñales to experience its incredible landscape of valleys and mogotes (limestone formation mountains) along with an opportunity to learn about Cuba's famous tobacco culture, and sample the local cuisine.
• The Mafia in Havana
This tour will introduce travelers to the untold story of the Mafia in Cuba and visits to the most important sites in this immense network of corruption.
• Architecturally Riveting Tour
The city of Havana has stunning examples of the major architectural styles and periods of the western world; all with distinct Cuban elements.
• Chef Enrique Cooking Workshop & Lunch
Help prepare and enjoy a meal with one of the pioneers of the new food movement in Cuba. Enrique is a master chef that is taking traditional cuisine to the next level.
• Refreshing Las Terrazas & Soroa
Just 1.5 hrs. from Havana are two areas of exceptional natural beauty. Las Terrazas biosphere reserve and the botanical gardens of Soroa.
• Tobacco is central to Cuba's mystique and fame. What makes Cuban cigars the best in the world you will discover on this tobacco experience.