Want to stay in the coolest part of Austin? Please check out our apartment! A lovely and private space at treetop level. Private entrance, covered outdoor porch, large interior space, high ceilings, tons of light from tall windows on all sides. Conveniently located in Zilker/SoLa, one of the best areas of Austin. Walking distance from great restaurants, bars, excellent coffee, shops, Zilker park, Barton Springs.
Lovely, elegant, newly furnished apartment located in the best part of Austin. Full-size refrigerator, full stove. Fiber-optic 1 Gig internet.
We're located in Zilker/SoLa, within walking distance from the many of the most famous restaurants, bars, venues, etc. If you like the outdoors, we're steps away from Zilker Park, Barton Springs pool, ACL Fest, and beautiful Lady Bird Lake's hike/bike trails. A 20-minute walk to Zilker Park (Barton Springs pool and ACL.)
Please note that our space has only one queen bed and that we can host no more than two people.
By the way, if you want to book further in advance than we normally open up dates (typically 3 months ahead), please contact us. We can check our schedule and open dates early if we don't already have friends or family staying. Special events such as SXSW, ACL Fest, Formula-1, X-Games, football weekends, and so on, open up further in advance, and tend to have higher rates and longer booking requirements than usual.
- Private, free, off-street parking for one guest car. Add'l free parking on-street.
- Because we have keyless entry, you can arrive at any time, day or night.
- The apartment is located on the 2nd floor. No elevator.
- Private, external entrance. No internal connection to the main house.
Interaction with guests
We're available by phone or text at all times. (You'll get our phone numbers before you check in and on a card in the apartment.) Dede lives in the main house and Steve lives nearby.
Other things to note
Please note that we pay the annual City of Austin license fee and that our rates already include Austin's 9% hotel tax. The fact that we are properly licensed and pay the required taxes, which not all AirBnB hosts do, means that you don't risk being evicted mid-visit by the city or state serving a citation.
While we don't add any extra charges, AirBnB will add their service fee (usually around 12%) and the State of Texas' 6% hotel tax.
Our license, valid through August 3, 2018: OL(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Hmm... Apparently AirBnB suppresses the number because they interpret it as a phone number. If you're a city official, please contact us if you want to verify the license number.
1. Please be sure you understand AirBnB's cancellation policies. We usually use their Strict policy, but sometimes use their Moderate policy. You can find our current policy on our listing, in the "Prices" section. The policy that is in effect at the time you make your request to book will remain in effect until your visit, even if we modify our policy after that.
2. The max number of persons we can accommodate is 2, and the apartment has only ONE queen bed. We can't host any extra people (including infants) in our apartment. Sorry, no children under 12. Please don't try to sneak in any extra guests. Dede lives in the house below the apartment, so we'll notice and then we'll all feel embarrassed when we ask you to leave w/o a refund.
3. We have a STRICT NO PETS POLICY and a strict No Smoking or Vaping (indoors) policy. If you arrive with a pet, you will be required to leave w/o a refund. If you smoke or vape indoors (tobacco or otherwise), you will be required to leave w/o a refund and we will withhold the entire security deposit to cover added cleaning costs to remove smoke odors and stains.
4. Only the persons who made the reservation are allowed to stay in our apartment. If you don't look like your AirBnB photo, you will need to provide a currently valid photo ID (current US driver's license or current passport). If you book for other people and won't be present yourself, be aware that we will have AirBnB cancel the reservation upon arrival with no refund. If you're a business or government agency booking for other people, please contact us in advance to work it out. Don't book first and ask later. Thanks!
5. No parties or gatherings of more than 5 people. (Some exceptions made for guests staying a week or more.) Non-guests must depart by 10pm. No loud noise after 10pm.
6. We provide unlimited complimentary coffee (locally roasted) and tea and we leave filtered water and a couple of complimentary bottles of beer and sparkling water in the refrigerator to welcome your arrival. We don't restock the refrigerator or provide any meals.