About this listing
Free unlimited WIFI.
Private entrance, courtyard & verandah.
Complimentary coffee/tea, fruit & breakfast basket.
Kitchenette, utensils, fridge, single hob cooker, microwave, electric kettle & toaster.
8 mins to Cenang beach by car.
Max 3 adults.
TERATAK DAMAI LANGKAWI, Rustic Rural Retreat is a self-catering Guesthouse and private home on 1.25 acres of gated compound surrounded by paddy (rice) fields and verdant gardens.
It offers views of the Mat Cincang mountain, encounters with water buffaloes, open country & coastal birds and the elusive Colugo or Flying Lemur and is situated 8 minutes by car to the popular & busy Cenang beach, Langkawi with it's white sandy beaches, many shops & restaurants to choose from.
The Malay word "Teratak" is used to describe temporary dwellings in an orchard and "Damai" in malay means "Peace".
DAMAI 1, our rustic Studio Room with it's own cosy private courtyard, veranda, spacious bathroom & kitchenette is furnished with 1 king-sized bed, 1 daybed, hot-shower,electric kettle, toaster, microwave & fridge, is also WiFi enabled. This room sleeps a maximum of 3 adults and is ideal for those looking for a more relaxing stay-in holiday. The room is fan cooled (1 wall fan & 1 industrial stand fan) & ceiling fan in the verandah. The double doors are screened (mosquito screen) to allow you to sleep with it open for better air-flow.
Kedawang Supermarket & Cenang Supermarket where you can get your dry goods, Cemara Pharmacy & a village Laundry are only 5-10 minutes away by bicycle.
For those wanting to try local food, there are many warungs or local eateries along Jalan Kedawang after the PETRONAS petrol station & Jalan Kuala Muda after Bon Ton.
There is also a Night Market every Tuesday night with a colorful assortment of local food & wares which is also 5-10 minutes away by bicycle along Jalan Kedawang (Route 116).
Take a walk or cycle (we have 3 bicycles available) through the peaceful village roads, take part in the many nature activities available on the island, learn to play the guitar, have a massage or simply lay in bed, enjoy the breeze & allow the gentle coo of the wood pigeons to lull you to sleep.
Being a tropical island surrounded by untouched nature and the Geopark a UNESCO Heritage Site, geckos, mosquitoes and bugs are a fact of life on the island. There are mosquito coils, an electric mosquito repellent & bug spray at your disposal in your room.
We aim to provide you with the time & space to de-stress, live a little life in an area where there's room to breathe & allow the natural surroundings to soothe your soul. TERATAK DAMAI LANGKAWI is a place of solitude & respite.
A mini lending library with a resource section of books & brochures on Malaysian & Langkawi flora & fauna, places of interest, history & culture is available at your disposal within the "Rumah Ibu" or Main House.
Our doors at the Rumah Ibu are open from 10am-7pm. Should you require information, help or assistance you can always find me at the Rumah Ibu or somewhere on the grounds, however messaging me on Airbnb is the best way to communicate with me as I go about my day.
We offer complimentary airport transfer service upon your arrival and on your departure.
A complimentary Basic Breakfast Basket of seasonal fresh fruit, 1 loaf of bread, 1/2 dozen eggs, jam, marmalade and butter and 1st bottle of 1.5liter mineral water await upon your arrival. This is a holiday home, we do not provide daily breakfast & we do not provide daily house-keeping.
To book or inquire, kindly complete your Airbnb profile.
How To Get To LANGKAWI From KUALA LUMPUR (Flight)
There are about 15 daily flights to Langkawi from Kuala Lumpur via 3 main airlines :- Malaysia Airlines (from KLIA), AirAsia, Malindo & Firefly (from KLIA2) & Malindo & Firefly (from Subang Airport). You can check online for flights, prices & bookings.
How To Get To LANGKAWI From KUALA PERLIS (Passenger Ferry)
Ferry ride to Langkawi from Kuala Perlis takes 45 minutes @ RM23 per person one way.
FERRY SCHEDULE to LANGKAWI from KUALA PERLIS
7am, 8.15am, 9.30am, 10.45am, 12noon, 1.30pm, 3pm, 4.30pm, 6pm & 7pm (last ferry)
The Rumah Ibu (Reception Area) is open between 10am-7pm daily. There is a Lending Library, Brochures, Maps & small sitting area here.
Ironing Board & Iron, Hair-dryer, Mineral Water (for purchase RM2 per 1.5 litre bottle) are also here.
Please message us to use the Iron. You can pick-up the Hair-dryer from the Rumah Ibu (Reception Area) when you check-in & return it there when you check-out.
The areas behind the Rumah Ibu are for Family Only.
Other things to note
Please complete your AIRBNB Profile (at least verify email & contact number). We will automatically decline guests with empty profiles.
Once you have confirmed your bookings with Airbnb, it's important that you message us in advance your ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE Flight Details (Arrival Date Time/Departure Date Time & Arrival Flight Number) for us to schedule cleaning & pick-up times in our working day.
EXAMPLE : 1) Arrival Date/ETA (Expected Time of Arrival)/Flight Numbe(URL HIDDEN) 2) Departure Date/ETD (Expected Time of Departure)
TERATAK DAMAI LANGKAWI
HOUSE RULES & ETIQUETTE
1. Please take off your shoes before entering your room. Note that it is customary to leave shoes outside before entering a home in Malaysia especially in Muslim homes because the floor area is used for prayer and floors are kept clean at all times.
2. Please assist us in conserving energy by switching OFF all lights, water-heater & fans before leaving your room.
3. Please DO NOT smoke in the bedroom or toilet.
4. DO NOT throw anything other than toilet tissue down the toilet bowl as this will result in blockages.
5. Please be informed that we do not have daily house-keeping. Towels & sheets will be changed upon request.
6. Please throw all rubbish into the black bin provided on the veranda.
7. We recycle ALUMINIUM cans, kindly throw all aluminium cans in the black bin near the gate.
8. Kindly observe the sensitivities of kampong (village) life & its’ people by not sun-bathing in the open, walk, jog, cycle in a bikini top, throw beer cans or bottles in your immediate surroundings or be loud & boisterous till the early hours of the morning.
9. Our doors at the RUMAH IBU or Main House are open from 10am-7pm. Should you require information, help or assistance you can always find me at the Rumah Ibu or on the grounds.
10. As this is our private home and we live on site, we have a policy of no visitors or guests of guests on the premises or in the rooms without prior permission from us (the owners).
11. Please keep the main gate to the compound closed at all times. This is to keep the cows, water buffaloes & stray dogs out of our compound.
12. Please try to keep the noise level down when returning late at night in respect to other guests on the compound who might be sleeping or resting. Because we live surrounded by padi fields which can be very quiet at night apart from the sound of nature, human noise (eg. music, loud talking) tend to be amplified.
13. Upon CHECKING OUT, please return your room key to us. We charge RM20 for loss of room key.
14. Please LOCK your door before leaving your room. We are not responsible for the safety of your personal belongings. Just as in any home, doors must be locked before leaving.
15. Strictly NO recreational drugs on the premise.
16. Please DO NOT feed the cats. They are only fed twice a day as we would like to keep them as natural hunters to keep our compound clear of critters.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 323 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
LOVE reading, gardening, wildlife, smell & sound of rain, open spaces, coffee, hammocks, wind in my face, travel, food & handmade craft.
I'm quirky, down-to-earth & practical. Quick to laugh with a dry sense of humour.
My husband Ruben the local drug dealer (he's a pharmacist) & I both suffered from burnout living in the city before moving to Langkawi (where we met) & making this our island paradise home. We are both Malaysians (of two different ethnic groups) who grew-up/studied/lived/worked in the UK & US (that's why one speaks with an American accent & the other a Yorkshire accent!). :D
Our 3 children who are now young adults are studying & working away from home.
We live here with our 4 cats, 1 hen & 1 jungle rooster surrounded by paddy fields, swaying coconut trees, water buffaloes & visiting migratory birds with the beach only 10 minutes by bicycle & 5 minutes by car away from our home.
We welcome honest, sincere people who seek a little respite from the stresses of life & would like a taste of living in a quiet village environment surrounded by paddy fields & a beautiful view of the Mat Cincang mountain range which is older than the Everest!
We live onsite and as a host we're available for help & enquiries but will give you plenty of privacy & space for you to relax & enjoy your holiday.
During the high season & certain times of the year, you'll be met & assisted by our Resident Manager, Ms Illa Khalid.
As travellers, we love travel tips from the locals on local sights & experiences! We love to explore or just sit quietly & read a book, drink coffee, soak in the atmosphere of the place we are visiting, are quiet & independent.