Get away from it all in one of two luxurious seaside cabanas with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. Surround yourself by nature in this remote part of coastal Ecuador. A perfect couples retreat with everything you need for a romantic getaway!
Casita Selva is one of two cabanas available on the Punta Pacifica property, perched on a 150 ft point above the Pacific Ocean, with a perfect westward view of the sunset. (See Casita Mar listing for the other cabana). Tucked in the trees, it has open and covered deck space kept cool by the lovely sea breeze, for lounging in the sun or shade. The spacious thatch-roof cabana has a king-size bed, two person shower, and a kitchenette with 2-burner stove, coffee maker, microwave, mini-fridge, and basic utensils so you can cook simple meals. Although the cabanas are geared for couples, an additional cot can be requested for a child for an additional cost of $10/night.
A short hike through native Palo Santo forest (3 minutes) takes you to a private beach (at high tide). There's a thatched shelter with hammocks by the beach. At low tide, you can walk for miles along the beach, both the north and south. Just a few minutes stroll south is a natural rock formation just off the beach called the Arco del Amor.
Each cabana is completely private, but guests also have access to the patio space of the main house, to the roof deck on the main house for sunning, and the beach. The interior of the main house is off-limits as it is where the owners live. Parking is available on site. Note that no pets or children under 5 are permitted.
Interaction with guests
Upon arrival you will be greeted by the caretaker, given a key to your cabana and the beach gate, and shown your room.
The caretaker lives on-site, so if you have any questions or need anything, you may reach him by knocking on the front door between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 pm. When you leave the premises by car, please let the manager know so they can open the gate for you. Laundry service is available for $5/load. Housekeeping services are available for $10 each occasion -- please let the manager know if and when you desire housekeeping services.
Other things to note
The Punta Pacifica property is approximately 4.5 hectares (10 acres), and contains the owner's house, the two rental cabanas, and a caretakers house, as well as forest and landscaped areas. A long driveway from the road takes you to the houses, where there is parking for up to 3 vehicles. Although buses pass on the main road by the property regularly, a car is highly recommended for getting to nearby towns for shopping, internet, and sightseeing.
Welcome to paradise! Punta Pacifica is in a remote region of Ecuador's coast, unspoiled by development and tourism. Here are some guidelines and rules to make sure your rental experience is fun, safe, and enjoyable for all:
1) Maximum 4 people per cabana. Each cabana has one king size bed, and we only have one extra rollaway bed available for rent for each cabana. A fourth person is allowed if they bring their own cot or bedding. If you are seeking a long-term rental (> 1 week) with more than 3 people, we recommend renting both cabanas, or inquire with host about renting the main house kitchen space as well for an extra fee.
2) No children under 5 allowed. The patio overlooking the sea has no guardrail.
3) No extra guests or visitors allowed on the premises. Only the specific people on the original reservation can use the property.
4) Keep noise to a minimum after 10 pm. While we are not opposed to having lots of fun, the place isn't geared to late night partying, loud music, and loads of people. If you want that, go to Canoa. And in fact, Canoa makes a wonderful day trip from the property so you can get a dose of beachside reggaeton through all hours of the day and night. Here are a few rules we ask all guests to respect. Failure to follow these simple rules may lead to expulsion from the property without refund:
5) Don't waste water! All water must be trucked in. There is no well or municipal water system. If a tap is left on and we run out of water it can take some time for the tanker to come and refill the system, so please be careful. Note water from the taps is NOT POTABLE -- drink only bottled water.
6) No pets are allowed
7) No smoking is allowed inside any buildings. Please smoke on open patios or in the driveway only at least 15 m (50 ft) from the house, and do not leave your cigarette butts on the ground! Do not throw cigarette butts into the vegetation as the area is dry and this could start a forest fire.
8) Keep the gate to the beach locked at all times when you are not using the beach or beachside hammock area.
9) If you have a car, you will be given a remote entry device to open and close the gate. If you do not have a car, you will given a key to the pedestrian entry only. Please keep the entry gate locked at ALL TIMES! You will be charged $50 if you lose or fail to return the gate remote.
10) Guests may use the main house patio, but are not allowed inside the owner/manager residence unless this space has been specifically rented with host approval.
11) Please keep kitchenette area clean; do not leave food out or in open containers as we are in a natural area and open food will attract animals, including rodents and insects. Keep food in closed containers and in the cabinet provided for this purpose.
12) If anything is damaged or broken during your stay, or you have any other issue or problem, please let the caretaker know immediately.
Thank you for respecting our house rules. We wish you an enjoyable stay!