About this listing
Perfect for the traveler that wants to experience the real SF! Easy access to the entire city.
Experience the Haight Asbury without being in the thick of it.
All the amenities and styling of a modern hotel, plus the comforts of home.
Private In-Law Apartment located in Cole Valley situated among a beautiful row of Victorian "painted ladies". This apartment has been completely renovated in 2012. Think Victorian meets the W Hotel. Chic, modern, and updated with all the amenities you would need being away from home.
Located just one block away from Cole Street where you can find all your conveniences.... many restaurants (including.. cafes, breakfast/brunch/lunch/dinner), bars, bakery, wine/deli/cheese store, ice cream bar!, video store, pharmacy, grocery store, postal shop, gift shops, salons, cleaners, gym and more.
2 1/2 blocks from the famous "Haight-Ashbury", where you will find even more dining and shopping. Blocks from the Golden Gate Park (15 minute walk).
Hosts do not live above apartment in the house since July 1st 2013. The home has been leased out long term.
Professionally cleaned after every guest.
No pets have lived here for those who have allergies.
No smoking allowed.
The unit is kid friendly. All outlets have protective covers. All the paint used in the unit are low VOC paints.
- Modern apartment with hardwood floors, area rug & natural light in front room.
- Heated. Electric fireplace in main seating area. Radiant heat in bedroom. Electric heat in bathroom.
- One Bedroom (KING size bed, pillow top Kluft Aireloom (for those who know)) with closet, fine linen, 8 down alternative pillows, BOSE am/fm alarm clock, BlueAir Room Air Filter and Sharper Image Noise Maker.
- Full Kitchen with pots, pans, dishes, refrigerator/freezer/ice maker, dishwasher, sink, stove/range/microwave, fully equipped, Nespresso espresso machine.
- Full bath with shower & jacuzzi tub, toilet, sink, hair dryer, lighted vanity mirror.
- Private washer & dryer, iron/iron board
- 42" Flat LCD Screen TV, Direct TV, Movie Channels (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax & Music Channels), DVD Player
- Complimentary Nespresso Espresso Pods/Teas
- Basic pantry supplies for cooking.
- Basic Kitchen Set-up (plates, utensils, cookware, napkins)
- Wireless Internet
- Wireless Printer
- On occasion we will leave treats if we can ;)
- Fold out Twin Size Bed in Seating Area (no charge)
- Aero Bed (no charge)
- Pack n Play (no charge)
- Any other need?, please let us know in advance of you stay
- N-Judah line (our MUNI, local light rail car) is one block away and minutes to downtown.
- Bus line 33 Parnassus stops directly in front of the apartment.
- Cab/Taxi is more readily hailed from Cole Street. Otherwise may be called to location.
PARKING: Please Read
- Street ONLY. Be very aware of SF Parking Regulations. This apartment is located in a residential neighborhood and as such a parking permit is required for extended lengths of time. 2 hour limited parking from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, Sat/Sun & select holidays exempt.
Extended hours of parking (all day street parking) is available JUST one block away and is readily available during daytime hours. Your vehicle can also be left there for several days.
Look out for parking signs. Watch driveways, red curbs, crosswalks, handicapped ramps and curb your wheels when on the smallest hill.
- Golden Gate Park is minutes away. Bicycles may be rented from many of the bike shops located on Stanyan Street (3 blocks away).
- Haight Street, located 2 blocks to the north. Shops and restaurants galore.
- Farmer's Market (every Wednesdays, 3:00pm to 7:00pm, April through October) located at Waller and Stanyan Streets at the edge of Golden Gate Park.
- Off the Grid (Food Truck circuit, 10-13 creative gourmet food trucks and live music (every Thursday, except during winter months from 5:00pm to 9:00pm).
- Nearby Hiking... Buena Vista Park, Corona Heights & Twin Peaks.
- Corona Heights/Randall Museum (local park with dog run) This is an awesome little children's museum that is a 10 minute walk just to the south-west of Cole Valley.
There is nothing shared, this is a self contained private separate apartment with a full bath/toilet and kitchen.
Brand new Bosch (2014) washer and dryer.
Interaction with guests
We have key coded door locks and you will receive your codes a day or two before your arrival date.
We are sometimes there to greet you and we sometimes leave treats from our bakery for you too.
Once you arrive we are available via text messaging 24/7 to help out with tips on SF or answer any questions on the apartment. You can text us at .
*We have found in the past difficulties texting with non-USA mobile phone numbers because of your particular text messaging plan when traveling. If this is the case, please don't hesitate to call us directly. Email and Airbnb messaging might have a little delay, depending on the time of the day.
Other things to note
We keep some basic stocked in the pantry. Help yourself to anything in the pantry, refrigerator or freezer.
If there are some specific needs for foods, we can sometimes help accommodate you with enough lead time.
Enjoy our Nespresso coffee center and the many beverages in the refrigerator. STR-0000529
Separate entrance, come and go as you please. But, please remember to keep the front door closed at all times.
Please be respectful of loud noise as there are full time tenants above and they will return the consideration.
You may quickly use the driveway to unload or pack up, but do not leave your vehicle unattended.
No Pets, No Smoking.
Enjoying your stay is a must!
Check in is at 3:00 PM, unless prearranged otherwise
Check out time is 11:00 AM - We need 11:00-3:00 to clean the apartment to our standards for the next guest.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
I (Arnold) am a San Francisco native born and raised in the Haight-Ashbury. A Chef/Baker/Restauranteur/Foodservice Consultant by trade. We own Raison d'etre Bakery, a large wholesale bakery which I founded in 1994. Formerly, executive chef and owner/partner of two very successful SF restaurants, EOS ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) and Bacar (2000-2007), recently wrapped up a 4 year executive consulting position with E&O Asian Kitchen which still operates in SF Union Square.
In the late summer of 2015, we will be opening a bar in the financial district called The Treasury, located at 115 Sansome Street.
My wife (Amy) is a Sacramento, California native and Cal Berkeley graduate. Hailed from the tech industry to a Masters in Transpersonal Psychology. In addition she worked more recently as an Experience Lead at IDEO. Today she continues with her private coaching practice and blog... (URL HIDDEN)
We also the blessed parents of a 7 year old boy and 2 year old girl.
We are those friends.. the ones that will host, throw or attend a party at a moments notice. We ooze the word "hospitality", So you are in good hands and we take pride on the style of the apartment and its amenities.
Well traveled as individuals, couple and a family. Domestically, Europe, Asia, Mexico, South America and the South Pacific.
For those culinary explorers, we can give you tips to the newest and/or best restaurants and possibly get you reservations. Forget the hotel concierge, most of them don't eat out!
The family that lives in the house are NOT hosts. Please do not disturb them. We also ask our Airbnb guest to keep the noise down to a minimum out of respect as they will do equally.