About this listing
Welcome to the Historic South Wedge neighborhood. Located on a quiet tree lined street within walking distance to restaurants, shops, parks, bars, & U of R. Tastefully decorated, spacious two bedroom 2nd story apartment with all the comforts of home.
Your home away from home. Air-conditioned and tastefully decorated, this spacious turn-of-the-century, 2-bedroom apartment is filled with natural light and comfy furnishings. Updated throughout, there's a recently remodeled bathroom and a new high-efficiency washer/dryer at your service. We also provide some favorite creature comforts: Enjoy the well-stocked kitchen for making casual meals, FREE high-speed internet, a 46" HDTV with DirectTV, a master-bedroom with another HDTV -- and a bonus, 3rd-floor game room!
This two-bedroom apartment is on the second story in a two-family home. It has off-street driveway parking for two cars and full access to a private fenced-in landscaped backyard. Your stay also includes additional access to the game room (A large 3rd floor finished attic) - to relax and unwind. PLEASE NOTE: Fido is welcome with advance notification, after review of our pet policy, and a one time pet fee of $35.
Interaction with guests
Welcome binder will be available upon arrival with our recommendations to several great places to eat and visit during your stay. We also included menu of our favorite take out restaurants, if you want to stay in for the night.
We can meet and greet you to hand off the keys and answer any questions you may have about the house/neighborhood. It can also be arranged to have the keys left in a safe drop box at the house to pick up at your convenience.
Walking distance to numerous eateries and drinking establishments, small businesses, coffee shops, bakeries and boutiques, including a farmers market. Restaurants/night life are all incredibly close with some tasty eats including (Indian, Asian-Fusion, Mexican, Sushi, Contemporary American, a Gastro Pub, a micro brewery, 50 beers on tap pub, wine and craft drink bar, cozy cafes and more).
Minutes to U of R, Collegetown, and downtown Rochester. Walking distance to Highland Park, Genesee River Trail, and Corn Hill Landing. Short distance to RIT and Rochester International Airport. Easy to get around Rochester for trips outside the South Wedge with two bus lines at either end of the street.
Check out our online guidebook for more recommendations to area attractions and eating out, as well as the welcome binder at the house.
Nearby attractions and travel times include:
• 5-minute walk to restaurants, wine bar & a sports bar.
• Less than a mile walk, bike or drive from University of Rochester
• 5-minute drive or 15-minute bus ride to Frontier Field
• 5-minute walk to the convention center
• 5-minute drive to College Town & Strong Memorial Hospital
• 10-minute bike ride to Highland Park (World Famous Lilac Festival)
• 5-minute drive to ARTISANworks
• 10 min drive to St. John Fisher College (Buffalo Bills Training Camp)
• 5-minute drive to Strong Museum of Play
• 5-minute drive to Strong Memorial Hospital
• 5-minute drive to Eastman School of Music (Xerox Rochester Int’l Jazz Festival)
• 15 min drive to Lake Ontario, Irondequoit Bay and Ontario Beach Park
• 45 mins drive to the Finger Lakes Wine Country
• 45 mins to Letchworth State Park (Voted America’s Best State Park)
• 1 hr 25 mins drive to Buffalo
• 1hr 45 min drive to Niagara Falls
• 3 hrs drive to Toronto
• 2hr drive to Niagara on the Lake
Other things to note
Our apartment is centrally located in the heart of the Historic South Wedge neighborhood offering some of the best in Rochester. It's one of the most vibrant areas of the city that carries a distinctive vibe with numerous eateries, funky bars, cozy cafes, a micro-brewery, bakeries and specialty stores. Also, walking distance to scenic parks within the neighborhood including the Genesee River way trail and Highland Park. Ask us about our favorite places to check out.
We have found that the best way to keep the home in beautiful condition is if everyone understands what is expected, and we want to set you up for a great visit. Please look over the house rules so there are no surprises.
1. CHECK-IN: Check-in time is 4 PM; If you will be arriving early or late, please let me know in advance so we can arrange for a problem-free arrival.
2. PARKING: Free Parking is available for up to two cars in the driveway. Street parking is also available on the North side of the street. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
3. SHOE-FREE HOUSE: This is a shoe-free house. Please take off your shoes when indoors so we can keep the dirt and germs outside.
4. SMOKING: The house is SMOKE-FREE. Smoking is allowed outside only, a minimum of 15 feet from entrances. All butts must be completely extinguished and disposed of in a proper receptacle. Evidence of smoking indoors will result in a $250 fee taken from the security deposit. To minimize fire risk, we DON'T allow candles, open flames, or fireworks of any kind!
5. GOOD NEIGHBOR POLICY: QUIET HOURS are from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am. Please be mindful of other residents. Loud parties and large gatherings are NOT allowed. Excessive noise and trespassing onto neighboring properties are strictly prohibited.
6. LINENS: We provide complimentary bed and bath linens for the home’s maximum occupancy. All beds will be prepared with fresh linens prior to arrival; blankets, pillows and comforters are furnished by the Owner. Bedding for air mattress is provided as well. Daily linen services are NOT available. Used linens and towels should be left for cleaning at the end of your stay.
7. SAFETY: The house is equipped with smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, a fire extinguisher, and a first aid kit. In case of an emergency, please call 911 first and notify us when it is safe to do so.
8. ATTIC SPACE: The Guest nor visitors shall not sleep overnight in the attic.
9. WATER & SEPTIC: The house is 115+ years old and some of the original plumbing is still in place. Kitchen sink is for water only, there is NO garbage disposal. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to the full cost of the repair.
10. COOKING: A fire extinguisher can be found under the kitchen sink. APPLIANCES should be used only for their intended use – please don’t use our oven for crafting! Use provided cutting boards and DO NOT cut on hard surfaces. DO NOT place flammable materials on the stove. PLEASE use the provided coasters to protect wood surfaces.
11. HOUSEKEEPING: For little accidents and simple CLEAN UPS, please use the supplies below the kitchen sink. A broom/Swiffer & vacuum can be found in the kitchen closet.
12. DAMAGES: Renters must leave the property as they found it. In the case that something gets broken, please notify us so that we can arrange for replacement or repair. If professional cleaning or repair of major damages is required, the additional cost will be deducted from the security deposit.
13. PETS- There is a small one time pet fee of $35. Pets are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum, as Exhibit B must be completed.
14. TRASH & RECYCLABLES: Removal of trash and recyclables within the unit are the sole responsibility of the Guest. Guest shall place trash in receptacles at the end of the driveway. New bags are under the kitchen sink or in the pantry. Garbage pick up is early Thursday morning. Trash receptacles will be brought to the curb for disposal by the Homeowner every Wednesday evening and returned Thursday evening.
15. SNOW REMOVAL: The Homeowner will make every effort to remove snowfall from porch, steps, walkways, and driveway in the evening after each snow event. Access to a shovel and rock salt are available for guests use as needed during light snowfalls.
16. MOST IMPORTANTLY- ENJOY YOUR STAY!
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
Hi There! We love Rochester and the historic south wedge neighborhood— one of the most vibrant areas of the city that carries a distinctive vibe with numerous eateries, funky bars, cozy cafes, a micro-brewery, bakeries and specialty food stores that we frequent often. We enjoy walking to area parks within the neighborhood including the Genesee River way trail and Highland Park. Ask us about our favorite places to check out.
This apartment has been Mark’s home for the last eight years but after dating for over a year now we collectively decided to turn the apartment from a bachelor pad into a welcoming “home away from home” for travelers from far and wide!
About Jenn: I’m an Art Director passionately dedicated to delivering design excellence & solutions to create impactful brand experiences— including your stay at our Airbnb rental. I’m inspired by the Arts, Music, Technology, the Great Outdoors, New Adventures, Tasty Eats & Good Peeps.
About Mark: I’m a Civil Engineer who loves to explore local and regional craft breweries, sample local eateries, and enjoy the beauty of our parks. I enjoy getting out and spending a few nights in the peacefulness of the wilderness whether by foot or by kayak. I also take pride in growing my own vegetables from seeds and cooking up something tasty on the grill. Oh… and hanging out with my goof ball dog!