This 1928 Arts & Crafts bungalow has been reinvented with all of today's creature comforts, while embracing the charms of yesterday. There's also a fully detached one bedroom cottage included in the advertised rental price! Fantastic for large family trips, business groups, multiple family members and more. Walk to Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo and award winning eateries and cafes. Short drive to beaches, USF, Ybor City, Tampa Airport, Moffitt, UT, Busch Gardens, Raymond James, Amalie Arena and more.
Welcome to The Hiawatha House - 1928 Craftsman Bungalow completely reinvented with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and a true one bedroom detached cottage at the back, completely equipped with kitchen and full bathroom. Adjacent, a tropical oasis, a resort like outside space with custom built in furniture, fire pit, outdoor kitchenette, a water feature fountain and tropical landscaping throughout. The main house has been completely reinvented brand new with the charms of the roaring 20s left in tact. Not a single detail has been overlooked in furnishing the house. Original pine floors, spacious chef's kitchen with gas stove, large master suite with bathroom overlooking the deck out back. The cottage is perfect for multiple family travelers or larger families traveling with multiple age groups. Total, there are 3 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms.
Guests have access to the entire property except for the shed, which houses the gardener's tools and owners equipment etc.
Interaction with guests
You can always reach me and my manager Kim by phone. We are happy to welcome you in and show you around. Otherwise, we have laid everything out for you and access is at your pace, with a lockbox on the premises.
Other things to note
Just enjoy yourselves and be sure to call Kim or myself should you need anything at all.
House rules are as follows:
1. No smoking on the property, especially inside either house. As my Grandma used to say, "If you're smoking you better be on fire!".
2. You must have written consent to have guests beyond who is actually staying on the property. This is NOT an event space. No weddings, no parties, no showers. Sorry in advance!
3. Quiet time in the city of Tampa is 11pm. Please bring everything inside after 11pm in respect to our lovely neighbors and the wonderful City of Tampa.
4. Respect the "Golden Rule". Treat the home as it was your own, or better, as it was your Mother's or Grandpa's !! Should anything break or an accidents happen, don't worry! Accidents happen, please just let me know so that I can handle it through insurance or have my manager know so she can handle it after check out.
5. Check out is a firm 11am, the property is very busy and it's very likely someone will be coming in at 4pm the same day you are leaving. Please be respectful to the cleaning crew and future guests.
Thank you and we look forward to having you!
Jeff - Owner.
From Dec 23 - 31, 2017 the minimum stay is 4 nights.
This host has 29 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a musician, traveler, and real estate professional. I was born and raised in Tampa, Florida, and started my real estate career in 1998, also the year I bought my first house. I moved to Los Angeles, to Venice Beach, in 2012. I love it here, but there's also no place like home! I am eager for people to experience my home city through my eyes. I am always available for recommendations on dining, events, venues, activities, parks etc. I spent the first 30 years of my life in Tampa, and it will always be home to me!