*POSITIVES* We could bring our dog, there is a fire pit, and toilet paper was provided.
1) THE HOUSE IS NOT PRIVATE -
The listing (as of 7/23/17) says verbatim: "This cabin is in a small wooded Cul-de-sac with few neighbors for tons of privacy." There is no privacy. There are neighbors who can see right into the backyard from multiple directions. A shirtless old man walking his dog was at the edge of the yard more than once - clearly within view, clearly within earshot. Multiple neighbors and large, uncovered windows in the back and front of the the home is not what anyone would normally deem "tons of privacy."
2) UNPLEASANT SMELLS -
I understand it's an older house, and some must is to be expected, but it smelled excessively bad. In some parts of the house, sour, like old wet laundry (more on that later). Also, the smell of gasoline from the garage and/or closet full of snowmobile gear is pretty unpleasant.
3) EXCEEDINGLY DIRTY FLOORS -
There were multiple pieces old, soggy popcorn (that my dog immediately found), dead bugs, dust, debris, etc. all over the floors.
4) POOR, OR MAYBE NON-EXISTENT, FOLLOW UP ON THE CONDITION OF THE HOME BETWEEN GUESTS -
Whoever was there last and/or the "housekeeper" did not empty any of the trash bins. Three different bins had trash in them. Dealing with other people's refuse is pretty infuriating. Also, the fire pit was FILLED with cigarette butts. I'm talking an excessive, almost unbelievable, amount of cigarette butts. I get they would burn up in a fire, but myself and everyone staying there agreed that there was so many we would have to clean them out prior to starting a fire. Additionally, the grass/lawn in the backyard and near the fire-pit was not cut in some time. MORE ABOUT THAT OLD LAUNDRY SMELL! When we went to wash the things we had used before leaving, we found that whoever was there last had left laundry in the washer to mildew. To be clear, someone else's old sour laundry in the washing machine the entire time that we were staying there.
6) SOME BEDDING APPEARED TO HAVE OLD BLOOD STAINS - We found what looked exactly like old spots of blood on some of the sheets and a mattress pad. Completely unacceptable in a house being rented to others.
7) OUTDOOR GRILL IS EXCEEDINGLY DISGUSTING - Blackened and completely unusable by any clean cooking standards, had to cook our food on the fire (after cleaning up the 70+ cigarette butts)