About this listing
A spacious, private, clean room in the center of Old Town - the best area of Prague. Old Town Square is down the street and Namesti Republiky is full of shops, public transport and restaurants. Fully-stocked kitchen in a professionally cleaned apt.
Hello, I joined airbnb.com to meet people and rent out my extra rooms in the center of Prague - Old Town to be exact. Prague is my favorite city in the world and Old Town is the best part of it. This is a clean, private room located within walking distance to Old Town Square, several cultural sites, countless restaurants, cafes, clubs, the main train station Hlavni Nadrazi, the main bus station Florenc, and the Airport tram stop Dlouha Trida (tram 26 or 51/bus 119)i. I try my best to make it affordable while offering the best quality possible.
This is a single room in a 3 bedroom apartment. The room contains 1 double bed and 1 single bed, two small night tables, a desk with two chairs, a gigantic dresser/wardrobe unit, heater and big windows. The room is cleaned professionally on the morning of your arrival. If you are traveling with more than 3 people, I do have other rooms in the building for rent (just ask for availability). There is plenty of storage space for your belongings. You will be given clean linen and towels. The apartment is supplied with toilet paper, paper towel, dishwashing soap, handsoap, and garbage bags. There is a full size kitchen with everything you might need for preparing meals. The bathroom is broken up in to two rooms - one with a shower and two sinks and another with the toilet. There are two washing machines and a large washing sink located upstairs. The flat has WIFI internet access in every room. The building is old but it has been remodeled and this apartment was remodeled only a couple of years ago. There is an elevator in the building.
If you book this room, you will be provided the following:
-Clean sheets, blankets, and pillows
-Clean towel, one per guest
-One set of keys. Please don't lose the keys. They are high-security special keys. I will ask for 20 Euro if they are lost
-Free maps of Prague
-Information for booking walking, cycling, brewery, and day-trip tours. You can book them directly from the apartment. I can also tell you cool local spots to check out.
You may request any of the following items:
-Czech Mobile Phone (in case yours doesn't work. It's a pay-as-you-go phone. You would have to buy the credit)
-Laundry detergent, drying rack and key
-Iron and ironing board
-Extra towels, pillows or sheets
-Board games (Settlers, Risk, Chess, Backgammon), playing cards and poker chips (and you would have to invite me to play too! :)
-Spices or other ingredients I have in my kitchen
-Anything else I might have that you could use. Just ask!!
The location of the apartment is on Benediktska street, nestled quaintly between Old Town Square and Namesti Republiky. This particular area of town is filled with fun and interesting things to do and see. There are bike tours, walking tours, river boat rides, and other fun stuff located within walking distance. Letna Park, which has a beer garden overlooking the city, is just across the river and up the hill. The grocery store is a 30 second walk and there is a 24 hour non-stop convenience store located down the street. There are two large shopping malls located a minute away.
You will have your own room with a high security key which cannot be duplicated. There is a fully stocked kitchen in the apartment. Use it as if it were your own, but please tidy up afterwards. The kitchen and bathroom are shared. There is a laundry room upstairs with two brand new washing machines, free to use. You are welcome to do laundry. The key is in the hallway. You will also have access to my hand-written guidebook with tips and advice about the area (good restaurants, pubs, groceries, etc.) I will leave Guide books, maps and useful pamphlets in the hallway. Additionally, my friend owns the company Discover Prague and he offers my guests 10 percent off on any of the tours. Highly recommend the Free Tour of Old Town.
Public Transportation in this area is fantastic. In general, you can walk to many fascinating sites, but if you want to travel outside the center, all three metro lines - Green A, Yellow B, and Red C, are within walking distance. Namesti Republiky is the closest (Yellow B). Also within walking distance is Hlavni Nadrazi (the main train station). and Florenc (the main bus station). Several trams go through Dlouha Trida, the closest tram stop, including trams 5,8,24, and 26. Jindriska tram stop is also close, which contains trams 3,9,14, and 24. Several night trams and buses runs through Namesti Republiky, so you'll never have an issue coming home, no matter what time of night!
I live in the same building. You will have privacy at all times, but you can always knock on my door if you need anything. My friends help me out with meeting, greeting and managing the rooms. They also live in the same building, so there should always be someone to access in case of emergency. There might be other airbnb guests in the other bedroom(s). I ask that everybody be courteous and clean.
This is the best neighborhood in Prague. It's like walking through a medieval fairy tale. Old Town Square is down the street. There are seasonal events, markets and concerts happening there all the time. This street intersects Dlouha street, which is a famous street full of restaurants, pubs, cafes and more. Namesti Republiky is downstairs, 30 seconds away. This is where you will find 3 grocery stores, the Palladium shopping center, a metro station and numerous tram lines. My favorite thing about this area is the lack of cars. Everybody walks around. It's great.
You will already be in Old Town and everything is within walking distance (Old Town Square, The Castle, Charles Bridge, Letna Park, etc.). However, all three metro lines are within walking distance, along with countless tram lines. You could get anywhere in Prague from this location.
About arriving: Please send me your arrival time keeping in mind the check-in time. I will make sure that either myself or one of my assistants will be here waiting for you. Also, let me know if you have any requests for sleeping arrangements.
I always appreciate an SMS when you get to Prague just so I know everything is going according to schedule or if there are any unexpected delays.
If you're coming by plane, the Airport Express shuttle bus will drop you off 2 minutes from the apartment. The stop is called Namesti Republiky.
If you're coming by train, Hlavni Nadrazi, the main train station is a 12 minute walk, or you could take trams 5 or 26 to the stop Dlouha Trida.
If you're coming by bus, Florenc, the main bus station, is an 8 minute walk, or you could take tram 8 to Dlouha Trida.
If you're driving here, I would recommend dropping your luggage off at the apartment before parking. Parking options:
1) Expensive: There are three parking lots in my area. The Kotva parking garage on the other side of my building, The Palladium garage, and a lot on the corner of Revolucni and the river. They all charge an average of 1-2 Euro in Czech Crowns.
2) Affordable: The main train station, Hlavni Nadrazi, has a park and ride lot which charges approximately 5 Euro per night. There is a map in the listing's pictures showing you the route from the station to my place.
3) Free: If you want free parking, I recommend parking your car outside of the center, then either walking or taking public transportation back. For example, if you park your car in Karlin, close to the metro station Krizikova on the yellow metro B line, you could take tram 8 straight back to Dlouha Trida, or the yellow B line metro back to Namesti Republiky.
1) Check-in time is after 12:30. Please send me your arrival time and I will do my best to schedule either myself or my assistant to meet you. My cleaning lady will come at 11:00am to clean and prepare the room for you. It's best to come after she's done.
2) Check-out time is before 11:00am. Please make sure that your stuff is out of the room and the key is left on the table in your room. If you need a place to leave your luggage after check-out time, and you're leaving from the train station or the airport, I suggest leaving your bags in the luggage lockers at Hlavni Nadrazi, the main train station. Keep in mind that the Airport Express Bus leaves from the main train station.
3) No smoking anywhere in the apartment. No pets.
4) Please keep the common areas clean, including the kitchen, bathroom and hallway
5) You are welcome to use the internet as much as you'd like, but please disconnect from the network or turn off the wifi on your phone or computer when not in use. This will keep the speed normal for other users.
6) Please turn the lights off when not in the room, and use normal amounts of water.
7) Please keep noise levels to a low/moderate rate past 21:00. This is a residential building.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 2680 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I have been living in Prague since 2006. I'm originally from New York, but I moved to Prague because it better suits my lifestyle and general attitude towards life. I am an English teacher and a currency trader. I love living in Prague because I meet tons of interesting people and have made several close friends over the years. I have many hobbies, and reading and writing are among my top. My favorite subjects to talk and write about are philosophy, psychology, evolution, sports and health. I believe most people are genuinely good, but we are often too shy to open ourselves up to others. I am glad that sites like this exist because they allow people to learn more about each other and get a local's perspective during their travels.