About this listing
My husband and I are very glad to share our home during your visit.
We truly hope that your experience here will only bring good memories in the future !!!
Our house is located in a very safe, green and calm neighborhood in Zaandam city.
You will be able to enjoy a relaxing atmosphere and still easily reach Amsterdam and other cities.
For more details, please check all descriptions below:
- Comfortable bedroom on the first floor with a DOUBLE SOFA-BED & an optional PORTABLE BABY CRIB or an EXTRA REGULAR OR AIR MATTRESS.
- The room is very illuminated with a office DESK to connect YOUR LAPTOP and also a TV to watch some DVDs.
- Will you be in 3 or 4 people? An EXTRA BEDROOM will be at your disposal upon availability. Please contact us for confirmation.
- We share our BATHROOM which includes toilet and shower.
- An EXTRA TOILET is located downstairs.
- Free WI-FI in the entire house.
- FREE PARKING spots in the streets
- A sunny BACKYARD - when the sun shows up in the Netherlands ;)
- Guest room, bathroom, toilet, kitchen for breakfast, backyard, dining & living room.
- You will get a spare key so you may come and go as you wish. We kindly request you to leave *** 20€ KEY DEPOSIT *** on your arrival!
Interaction with guests
We are pleased to share with you interesting things to do during your stay.
WEEKDAYS - we are available in person from 17:00h or earlier by phone.
WEEKENDS - we are usually at home with more flexible time to help whenever necessary.
During the week, the bathroom is usually occupied from 05:30-07:00 AM.
Our residence is well located in one of the best neighborhoods of Zaandam. Quiet and convenient, it's a lovely area for a morning walk!
Once you book with us, a GUIDEBOOK will be available including PLACES TO GO, PUBLIC TRANSPORT and SHOPPING AREAS nearby!
Our house is 20 - 25 min walking or 05 min by car from/to ZAANDAM TRAIN STATION.
There are also 2 bus lines every half an hour running from Zaandam Station to our house. It takes about 3 or 10 mins to arrive depending on the line. Both stop the service before midnight.
From Zaandam Station to/from:
SCHIPHOL AIRPORT => 17 min train ride;
AMSTERDAM CENTRAAL => 12 min train ride. The last train from Amsterdam is 01:45 am.
Another option to Amsterdam is to go by BUS which will take about 1 to 1:30 hours. Night buses are also available!
IMPORTANT => the Unlimited Amsterdam Public Transport Tickets sold for 24, 48 or 72hrs are NOT valid on the trains, buses to/from Zaandam.
The dutch public transport is excellent or just rent a bike and enjoy the spirit of cycling around!
Other things to note
- We are NOT in AMSTERDAM !!!
For transportation, check some details on the 'Getting Around' description.
- My husband's daughter stays with us in some weekends. She has her own bedroom and won't disturb your stay.
It's very important that you enjoy and feel comfortable during your stay, so do we.
Once you book this accommodation, you agree to the following rules:
- In order to maintain the house as clean as possible for all of us, we adopt a NO-SHOES-AT-HOME policy.
- This is a non smoking house, however you are allowed to use the backyard. Ashtray is available at request.
- No extra visitors allowed.
- No drugs allowed
- No alcohol abuse.
- No pets (except Guide Dogs)
- It's expected from the guests not to cause nuisance in any way.
- During weekdays silence is appreciated between 10:00 PM - 5:00 AM.
- No damage to us or to our property neither in any circumstance to the neighborhood. If by accident, anything happens we must be notified and you will be kindly requested to compensate for it.
- If you have come with your own transport (car, motorcycle), there are free parking spots on the streets. Loading/unloading can be done at our private spot in front of the house.
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
I am Brazilian living in The Netherlands with my husband who is Dutch. We've been using Airbnb as guests since 2013 and now we have decided to be your hosts. Welcome !!!