Our cabin is on a quiet country road, over looking the Columbia river, and Oregon. It is 45 min. from Long Beach or Astoria. Sit on the porch and watch river traffic, eagles and deer. Build a fire and play games or read. Valhalla cabin, is a true log cabin. It has 2 bedrooms, 1 with a view of the river, and a loft that kids love. There is fireplace. The front porch runs the length of the house and has a deep roof, so it can be enjoyed in any weather. Very private
$10 per person after the first 2 does NOT apply to guests 2 yrs. old and under. To be able to share my cabin and the beauty that surrounds it means a lot to me. You will need to bring your own firewood. Most of the places around the cabin are owned by cousins, and are vacation homes. The cabin is rustic, no WIFI and no cable TV. The kitchen is pretty complete. The beds are all new as are the sheets, towels, and kitchen flooring, and bedroom carpets. There are extra quilts and comforters as well as sleeping bags, if needed. There are a few old pieces that belonged to family members that have meaning for me and I enjoy seeing. I'm not sharing a space, I'm sharing part of my life. So please feel free to have a cozy fire, play some games, watch a movie, sit on the porch and enjoy the view. We provide pancake mix, syrup, jam, a variety of coffees and teas, quick breads, Swiss Miss, and Tang for breakfast. We also provide sheep milk soap, so good for your skin. Please take home any unused jam, breads and soap. We would also like your feed back, what you liked what you didn't like so please leave a review on airbnb. Fire wood for sale is provided by my yard man. If you need some, just let Judy know.
You will have the entire cabin to yourself. There is a fireplace, games and movies. Washer and dryer are available, just ask Judy, or let me know in an e-mail. Otherwise we keep the garage locked. The beach across the road is private, so there is no access to it. The same goes for the area up behind the cabin. There is a boat launch and fishing near by.
Interaction with guests
We usually leave a key for our guests. This way they can arrive at any time after 2pm. My sister, Judy is available welcome you to the cabin and go over everything with you. She will gladly answer any questions and suggest places to eat, sites to see and give basic directions. You would also ask her for fire wood and access to the washer and dryer. She is also available by phone if you need to get in touch with us for any reason. Check in is from 2pm-8pm. If you would like Judy to meet you at the cabin, please let me know so that I can set it up. Please let me know what time to expect you so that Judy will be there to greet you and give you the key.
Other things to note
The beach across the road is off limits, as it is a private beach. We have clam guns, rubber boots, and clam nets available if, you would like to try your hand at clam digging. There is a boat launch near by and plenty of good fishing. Not available for deer or elk hunters, as the area is posted no hunting. There is a great farmers market on Sunday in Astoria and Ilwaco on Saturdays, and Long Beach on Fridaysgv starting in May. The cabin is on a well. If you don't like well water, please bring bottled water.
1. Please leave all used towels and sheets in the hamper in the front bedroom, or closet in the living room.
2. Please close and lock all windows and doors before leaving.
3. Any time you use the front door, please make sure to pull the storm door shut tight.
4. There is a fireplace that you are welcome to use. Make sure the fire is out and clean out the ashes when you are done. There is a bucket for the ashes. Leave the bucket on the concrete walkway.
5. You will need to bring your own firewood or presto logs. Bundles of firewood are available for purchase, at the cabin.
6. No log splitting at the cabin, in case of accident.
7. Please don't leave any food or drink in the fridge.
8. Please make sure to wipe down the stove and counters and fridge. Please clean up after yourself in the kitchen.
9.All of the beaches along Altoona/Pillar Rock Rd. are privately owned. There is no access to these beaches. Please do not go onto these beaches.
14. Please wash and put away any dishes/pans that you use.
15. Do not use the dishwasher or leave dirty dishes in it.
16. Sack up your garbage and leave it in the enclosed back porch. make sure the back porch door is closed. We don't want any little visitors coming in.
17. NO smoking of any kind. NO parties.
!8. There is NO access to the property up behind the cabin. Feel free to check out the fenced area behind the garage.
19. NO DOGS
20. If you move it, put it back. If you get out games/movies put them back.
21. Towels and sheets are not to leave the house.
22. Please use the coasters to put you hot/cold glasses/mugs on.
23. I f you turn it on, please turn it off, lights, heaters, fans
24. The cabin is on a well. It has iron and sulfur in it. We use a water softener.
I'm in my mid 50's and have a great love for animals, sheep, cats and rabbits especially. We also have a home in central Washington, in the Yakima Valley. My husband, Mike, works as a surveyor and, at 66 still plays softball. I'm retired from Safeway but still quite active. I'm a 4-H leader, I love to garden and do canning, show my rabbits and sheep, make and sell quilts and soap. I'm learning to make different types of sheep cheese. We love to travel and meet new people, try new things. I've always told my kids to travel, to try different foods, meet new people, it will help you to become a better you. Airbnb is a new way of meeting new people and learn something new/different.
Our Airbnb guests will see that we like a simple life, thus no WIFI or cable. We love to play games/cards. We also like doing puzzles. We just like to talk to and interact with our friends and family, too many electronics can get in the way. We feel the same way when we travel. We get out and walk around. We like to see the area and meet the people. We're always up for trying new foods and listening to local music.