Beautifully Landscaped Cottage with water view overlooking Brush Pond with an unobstructed view of Vineyard Haven. The cottage is located near the corner of Eastville Ave, approximately 1.5 miles from both Oak Bluffs and Vineyard Haven.
The house is a circle of rooms meaning kitchen will lead to hallway that has doors to 3 rooms and a bathroom. Or the other end of the kitchen will lead to the breakfast nook/dining area/living room. It’s a perfect layout! There’s an outdoor shower, hammock and huge backyard.
You have the lay of the land! Our home is your home during your stay, big backyard included.
You will have privacy to our home and large backyard. Other than seeing a family of rabbits or perhaps deer grazing on the grass, you won't be bothered!
Interaction with guests
I will be on/off the island frequently during your stay if you need me. Between myself and our caretaker you will be covered.
Other things to note
After you have booked the rental with us, if you would like to bring your car(s) you should make a car reservation with the Steamship Authority right away. There are other initial things you may want to order right away due to availability.
I cannot post website addresses so please just search online, the names I provide below that are in quotes:
1. If you want to bring your car(s) over you should book a reservation online with: "Martha’s Vineyard Steamship Authority". To rent a car on the island please search online “Martha’s Vineyard car rentals” there are a quite a few to choose from.
2. Order bicycles online with "Martha's Bike Rentals" they can be delivered to the house. They have pick-up and drop-off services to our house.
3. The last week in June -thru- 1st week in September is Peak Season we do not provide linens (bed sheets, bath or beach towels) during this time. However they are provided by us during Off-Season. If you don’t want to bring your own linens you can order online with: "Martha’s Vineyard Airport Laundromat Rentals". They have pick-up and drop-off service to our house.
4. You can also order baby or toddler equipment such as cribs or high chairs online with: "MV Baby Rent". They have pick-up and drop-off services as well.
By submitting your booking request you agree to the following rules:
- The event we do allow is dinner parties (with music if you choose but not so loud it disturbs our neighbors);
- No smoking inside/outside of the house;
- No pets inside the house; and
- Prior to leaving, please be respectful and leave the house generally in the shape you found it when you arrived.
That's it! :)
I am a total gypsy-at-heart, if I could I would live on a beach making things with sea glass and sleep in a hammock each night while gazing at the stars. But I digress. My grandparents first came to the Island in the 1940's, hailing from Jamaica and New Orleans. They actually had the house built across the street - but in the 80's we eventually moved into the house we are in now. I personally moved around a lot but Martha's Vineyard was my constant. Here I was surrounded by 2 generations of family and friends of all ages and backgrounds... just surrounded by love. I worked with my best friend and her family on the Island every summer during high school. It truly was and continues to be my Happy Place". You will never see a better sunset than on "The Rock".
Presently my Aunt Angela and I together manage our house rentals. The elders of our family and my dad have been laid to rest on the Island.