About this listing
Our sunny, ground floor, studio has floor to ceiling glass doors opening on to an amazing private jungle garden. It's just a short walk to the BART train and only one stop from the bustling downtowns of San Francisco and Oakland.
• Newly renovated space. Clean, modern, open and light.
• Simple galley kitchen with under-counter refrigerator, two burner stove top, electric kettle, toaster and microwave.
• Queen sized bed with comforters and heaps of pillows.
• Wonderful bathroom with handmade wooden counter and huge walk-in shower.
• The apartment has heated concrete floors, high ceilings, concealed ceiling lighting, and original artworks on the walls (we are both artists).
• The garden is open for your use, with an outdoor fireplace (stocked with wood), deck chairs and tables for dining or working out of doors.
This is a self contained apartment with a separate entrance through our luxuriant garden. There is ample free on-street parking.
Interaction with guests
We live in the remainder of the 2-story house and are available to help in any way. We've lived in this neighborhood for 20 years and can guide you to lots of great local spots both near and afar. There is a comprehensive guest guide and tailor-made local map in the apartment.
Other things to note
We live in a racially and economically diverse neighborhood that is rapidly changing. You will encounter long-term local residents, hipsters, artists, urban farmers, young families and homeless people. It's the full urban experience and might be intimidating if you're not comfortable with inner city life.
We live upstairs and we love peace and quiet. So no noise after 10pm.
Cooking is permitted in the apartment but the kitchen is limited so please be considerate.
No visiting pets.
No smoking in or near the apartment. There is a paved patio with an open fireplace in the garden where smoking is permitted.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.