Clean and cozy apartment with artistic finishing touches. Awesome backyard surrounded by shrubs and trees, stone patio + BBQ and year-round therapeutic hot tub make for a relaxing and enjoyable outdoor space! 2 queen beds + large sectional sofa. This home is close to everything you need in Montréal! Parking on our street is free; the only exception is the 5-car long, permit-only section directly in front of the house.
Built in the early 1900s, this garden-level 2-bedroom 1 bath house has undergone many renovations in the past few years. That being said, it's original charm has still been retained. This home is comfortable, with a large L-couch in the living room for relaxing. The two bedrooms both have queen-size beds, one soft and the other firm, with plenty of blankets and thermostats to keep you warm during Montreal's chilly months. Both bedrooms also have desks that work great as laptop stations for getting some work done. The kitchen has a dining area for 4-6 and a small breakfast nook that can also serve as a nice work-space.
In the backyard we have a garden where you can sit and bask in the sun or use the grill and enjoy a barbecue in the warmer months. During the winter, there is no better way to beat the Montréal cold than taking a dip in our relaxing hot tub.
• High-speed WiFi
• Fresh linens and towels
• Complimentary Shampoo
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Coffee, tea & sugar
• 58" SmartTV with cable
• SunDance Optima Hot Tub Spa
• Cosco Fun Sport Play Yard crib
Guests have access to the entire ground-level apartment, including backyard and garden, wifi, and hot tub. The kitchen is stocked with kitchenware - amenities and groceries are just blocks away and easy to get to on foot!
Interaction with guests
The entire apartment is yours to enjoy. We are both easily reached via Airbnb messaging or phone call and available to help you with anything you need. From questions about our home to local restaurant recommendations! Don't hesitate to message or call anytime!
Other things to note
Don't forget your swimsuit! The backyard jacuzzi hot tub is the perfect way to relax and unwind after a long day of wandering around the city. Here are a few simple guidelines to follow if you decide to use the spa:
1. GUESTS MUST SHOWER BEFORE ENTERING THE HOT TUB. Lotions, oils, hair products and soaps quickly pollute the water. Changing the water and cleaning the filter is a costly and time consuming chore, so please don't pollute the water. We change the water regularly and check it's condition after every guest, but please let us know if you have any questions.
2. We kindly ask that no glassware or breakables be used in or around the hot tub. Plastic cups or water bottles are fine. We do not want guests to injure themselves and future guests in any way!
3. Due to the hot tub's location underneath a staircase, we unfortunately do not have a cover lift system. Therefore removal of the hot tub cover requires a specific technique:
• Facing the cement wall, lift and pull the cover towards you, away from the stairs.
• Flip the left side of the cover over the right side, clearing the stairs, towards the shed.
• Push the cover back towards the cement wall, flush with the tub.
• You can enjoy the tub half-way open for a quick and easy soak, or you can slide the cover down to rest vertically in between the shed and the hot tub.
• Replacing the cover may require a 2nd person to help lift the cover up from the side closest to the cement wall. It is easiest to lift the cover up and half-way back on while you are still standing in the hot tub.
If you are unable to remove or replace the cover, please let us know right away, or if our upstairs neighbour is around, he would be happy to assist you.
4. Ensure the hot tub cover is completely closed around the entire tub after you are finished.
No smoking please.
1. GUESTS MUST SHOWER BEFORE ENTERING THE JACUZZI. Please respect the hot tub, both for your personal safety and the safety of your security deposit. See our detailed description regarding specific hot tub guidelines.
2. Please respect our neighbours and be quiet after 12 midnight. This goes along with our strict rule of no parties.
3. If we find the place very messy, we have to charge an extra $40 for every extra hour of cleaning required. This includes having to unnecessarily change the hot tub water due to guests not following the hot tub guidelines (ie. not showering before using or spilling beverages in the hot tub).
4. Our cancellation policy is as defined by the property rental website.
5. Guests take full responsibility for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises. Guests recognize that they may personally purchase insurance to protect themselves in such events.
Vincent et moi adorons voyager et visiter des amis à travers le monde et nous sommes très heureux de joindre le réseau Airbnb afin d’accueillir d’autres voyageurs. Vincent est né et a grandi à Montréal. Il aime le plein air et travailler le bois. Je suis présentement aux études. Nous sommes très excités de vous accueillir dans notre maison et souhaitons que vous l’apprécierez autant que nous!
Vincent and I love to travel and visit friends all over the globe and are very happy to join the Airbnb network to facilitate others to do the same! Vincent was born and raised in Montréal but these days works in the forest nearly year-round. He loves being in the great outdoors and working with wood. I am originally from British Columbia, and after planting seedlings in western Canada for many years, I've gone back to school full-time to study medicine. We are excited to have you stay in our home and hope you enjoy it as much as we do!