Welcome to our sunny little house, located in the heart of East Nashville - very close to Five Points and a $10 Uber/Lyft ride to downtown. Featured on HGTV! We've tried hard to create a unique and warm away-from-home experience, and the house features an airy loft, one-of-a-kind rugs, and collected Midcentury art and furnishings.
Airy loft space overlooks the sitting room area. Make tea or a Bialetti espresso in the kitchen while conversing with friends in the living room. Enjoy breakfast at the Carrara marble breakfast bar that looks into the kitchen. Cozy up with a book in one of the home's multiple nooks. Make yourself at home in our midcentury Cape Cod-style cottage.
Perks of staying at our Mod Cape Cod:
- Coffee/espresso provided: we stock the kitchen with luxe Bialetti capsules that pair with our Bialetti machine for a super quick and delicious morning ritual. We also stock teas and basic condiments.
- Literally one block from Shelby Bottoms Park/Preserve, with gorgeous biking and running trails along the Cumberland River. Also check out Vinny Links - a super-fun 9-hole gold course at Shelby.
- (2) Queen-sized hotel-grade mattresses.
- Fast wi-fi and a Native Union Bluetooth speaker to play your favorite music from your phone.
- Consider us your concierge: we provide responsive communication on specific food/cuisine needs, music venues, special events. Happy to make a reservation on your behalf, or create a unique "experience" for your Nashville trip (think in-room massage, facials or brunch cooked on-site!).
- Conveniently located around the corner from The Post East, one of East Nashville's best coffee roasters; they also offer fresh-pressed (in house) juices and awesome gluten-free pastries.
- Just blocks from Lockeland Table, one of the best restaurants in Nashville, with multiple James Beard Award nominations and a cozy vibe.
- With a bit of advance notice, we are happy to grab anything within reason that will make for a "5 Star Airbnb review." That's our goal.
Make yourself at home! You'll have run of the entire house, from the butcher-block countertop eat-in kitchen, to the living room, bedrooms and bathroom. On nice evenings, you'll also enjoy the patio in the fenced-in backyard.
Parking on gravel along 16th Ave. side of house - accommodates two cars comfortably.
Interaction with guests
If I'm in town, I'll meet you upon arrival and give you a quick tour, then stay out of your way. I'll just be a text or phone call away, should you need me, and I'm always good for a restaurant or local bar recommendation!
Other things to note
We have a total of 1 Queen bed in "master" bedroom, 1 queen bed in second bedroom, and two air mattresses in upstairs loft; thus, we can host as many as 6-8 comfortably. Both bedrooms have full-length mirrors in them.
- The upstairs loft is used as office space on occasion, and we've put an air mattress up there to accommodate additional folks as needed. Like camping up in a treehouse!
-The Bialetti espresso maker is a favorite feature of the house - feel free to use it! Make sure it has water in it, press the lit-up green "cup" button to start, and press it firmly again when your coffee/espresso is to your liquid volume/preference.
-If you're interested in doing a photoshoot or small event at the house, please contact us for pricing.
[*We seek to provide you with high value in a great neighborhood. Your nightly rental rate takes into consideration that we pay almost 15% in Davidson County hotel taxes/Tennessee Sales Tax (9.25%).]
***No illegal activity of any sort - not even the socially-acceptable sort.***
Smoke odor, evidence, or damage of ANY sort will result in immediate forfeiture of your security deposit.
Make yourself at home and enjoy the experience we've tried to create for our guests.
In general: please abide by the golden rule. Please respect our neighbors (they're friendly and will likely wave hello) with your volume inside and in outdoor areas.
Feel free to cook in the kitchen - it's furnished with basic pans, mixing bowls, and knives! Please leave it as you found it.
Do help yourself to coffee, tea, wine and/or any beverages that we may keep stocked.
Smoke if you like, but please do so *only* outdoors - not within 10 feet of doorways - and clean up after yourself.
We have the house professionally cleaned, but do please make sure your dishes are run in the dishwasher and that everything is in the general place that you found it upon arrival. This helps keep our cleaning fee down.
Besides that, enjoy! We've put time and energy into making this a beautiful and comfortable place to stay. Please be respectful of the vintage (some of it) furniture and accessories that we've lovingly collected; everything in the house is special to us and we want you to enjoy them.
Thanks so much and we look forward to hosting you and your group!
This host has 101 reviews for other properties.View other reviews