NO FRILLS! Located in a gated community, Mekong Manor has fresh air and cool breezes. Security guards patrol the neighborhood 24 hours per day. Our guestroom has a queen size bed, opt. folding bed. Free coffee/tea.
We are across the Tonle Sap River less than 10 minutes from Wat Phnom. What is the comparison between Central Phnom Penh and The Peninsula?
1. Cost less: motos and tuk-tuks generally charge 1/3 to 1/2 less than in central Phnom Penh. Local food and markets are cheaper.
2. No flooding: do an Internet search of "Phnom Penh flooded streets" and you will see examples of many streets after a rain lasting only 1 hour. Staying in central Phnom Penh you can get stuck either IN or OUTSIDE of your accommodation. The Peninsula never floods.
3. Quiet: If you like excitement then maybe central Phnom Penh is for you, where there is a constant noise level of traffic, vendors and stimulation. If you want a place to relax and venture out to the attractions and nightlife on your own terms, then staying with us is ideal.
4. No pollution: the streets of central Phnom Penh have become increasingly polluted with exhaust from traffic, as well as garbage. At Mekong Manor the streets of the gated community are kept clean and the breeze when living between two rivers is always refreshing.
5. Safety: With 24-hour security in the gated community, you never have to worry about thieves and bag-snatchers. You can stroll along the tree-lined streets and admire gardens and villas. Many of the neighbors are friendly and love to strike up conversation.
The room is simple, but we add new touches all the time. Your room has a bed, table, chair, TV, clothes rack and fan. Your room also has a private bathroom with towels, soap, shampoo/conditioner, hot water and toilet paper. Should you need additional toiletries, we are happy to get them for you at cost.
The best thing about our location is the peacefulness! It is perfect for exploring the city and all it has to offer, and then relaxing in our quiet neighborhood. Less than 10 minutes from Wat Phnom, it really is closer to central Phnom Penh than many other popular accommodation locations, which are much more nosy and risk flooding during the rainy season.
If you are an independent person who likes to take care of themselves without interference, then Mekong Manor is the perfect place for you. Anything you need or want to know just ask and we will help to make your stay a pleasant one.
There is a single entrance to the house, and your guestroom has a locked door. Your guestroom has a queen size bed. We can also provide an additional folding bed. The bathroom has hot water. There is a small kitchen if you would like to purchase food from the markets and prepare your own meals. The refrigerator has one shelf just for you and also a cupboard shelf. Coffee and tea is always available, with a 20L bottle of clean water in the kitchen.
Interaction with guests
As hosts, we can answer any questions you have about where to go or the best way to experience Khmer culture. We are available 24/7 for any of your needs.
Other things to note
We want you to love Cambodia and do our best to make sure you enjoy your stay in the Kingdom. Here is a list of public holidays and high-traffic travel days to avoid:
January 01International New Year Day
January 07Victory over Genocide Day
February 11Meak Bochea Day
March 08International Women's Day
April 14, 15, 16Khmer New Year Day
May 01International Labor Day
May 10Visak Bochea Day
(Many people will take this weekend to leave town and add a few personal leave days to make a full 1 1/2 week holiday, so traffic is outbound May 5-6 and inbound May 16-18 - the 16th is also a bank holiday)
May 13, 14, 15King's Birthday, Norodom Sihamoni
May 14Royal Plowing Ceremony
(May 16 is also a bank holiday)
June 01International Children Day
June 18King's Mother Birthday, Norodom Monineath Sihanouk
(June 19 is also a bank holiday)
Septemb(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)Pchum Ben Day
(Many people will take the weekends before and after to leave town and add a few personal leave days to make a full 1 1/2 week holiday, so traffic is outbound Sep 14-16 and inbound May 23-25)
September 24Constitutional Day
(Sep 25 is also a bank holiday)
October 15Commemoration Day of King's Father, Norodom Sihanouk
(Oct 16 is also a bank holiday)
October 23Anniversary of the Paris Peace Accord
October 29King's Coronation Day, Norodom Sihamoni
(Many people will take this weekend to leave town and add a few personal leave days to make a full 1 1/2 week holiday, so traffic is outboundOct 26-27 and inbound Nov 5-6 - the 30th of Oct is also a bank holiday)
Novemb(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)Water Festival Ceremony
November 09Independence Day
December 10International Human Rights Day
(Dec 11 is also a bank holiday)
We treat our all guests with respect and courtesy and expect the same. If any kind of problem arises, please tell us so we can help you!
No outside guests allowed without prior approval. No overnight guests allowed ever.
I love to travel and experience different cultures - especially the food and music! I finally found the home of my heart in Cambodia. I have three cats, who are surprising a lot like the personalities of my three children (now grown). I always make time for guests and love to share experiences with each other. I am a writer and work developing the film industry in Cambodia.