Near Vondelpark & Leidseplein. Excellent location!
Everything you need to know should be listed down here.
Want a little more space? I have a bigger room available as well: airbnb.com/rooms/872372
It's a 1 person private bedroom, with shared use of the bathroom facilities and free WIFI.
The other inhabitants of the apartment (ground floor) are myself, my flat mate and very sweet cat, Pony. - if you are allergic, do not worry, she does not have access to that part of the apartment, unless you allow it. Plus, anti-allergic medication can easily be bought in drugstores without a recipe and works like magic.
The apartment is on the ground floor, so no hassle with luggage up and down staircases!
Private bedroom and shared use of the bathroom only. Clean sheets and towel provided.
You will be able to use your own set of keys during your stay.
There is a water cooker in the bedroom and a mug.
Interaction with guests
The contact person for this listing is me. Please do not disturb my flat mate with any questions or comments whatsoever during your stay. Communicate with me via AirBNB message or when you see me in person, no knocking on doors please. Thank you for your understanding.
Other things to note
Check-in and out times are flexible. The times on the listing are an indication. Please contact me to confirm yours. (If you have carry-on luggage only, your estimated arrival time is 1 hour after your flight lands. If you have a big suitcase, however, your estimated arrival time is 1,5h after your flight lands).
In case you need a place to leave your luggage before your check-in time or after your check-out time, Amsterdam Central Station and Schiphol have excellent lockers.
This listing is for guests willing to explore the beauty and culture of Amsterdam/The Netherlands during their stay and only need a clean and quiet place to sleep.
//Houses in Amsterdam//
Most houses in Amsterdam are pre-war, as is mine, which means the foundation is light and we can often hear our up-stairs neighbours walking around or going up and down the staircase. I'm used to this and don't hear it anymore, however, for guests who aren't used to it, this can sometimes be a bit of a nuisance. Therefore, I apologise in advance.
//Permit Bed & Breakfast//
Z/(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Take care of the room/house like you would like your guests to take care of yours. :)
A few basic rules (just to make sure) ;)
- No smoking in and/or near the house.
- Drugs are not allowed in my home. (Please note that being stoned whilst in the house is also not an option).
- Be tidy and please leave everything the way you found it.
- Be quiet whilst in the house, at all times and especially at night.
- Do not hang around in the living area.
- No shared use of kitchen.
- No bringing guests.
- No check-in between 22:00 and 08:00, we don't want to disturb our neighbours.
- Do not feed the cat.
- No burning candles.
- Please don’t touch the heating anywhere in the house. This is really important, or else you might accidentally unknowingly turn the heater off. The heater is regulated centrally. (warm in the afternoon and cool during bed time, as is customary in Dutch homes - it's the healthiest way to sleep)
- Washing machine & bathtub is not for guests.
- Toilet seat and cover: down.
- Light a match after doing nr.2. If necessary, use toilet brush to clean.
- Do not flush tampons etc. down the toilet. Use the trash can in your room.
- Clean the sink after using.
- Please bring your own toiletries. My shower/bath/beauty products and/or (electrical) appliances are of private use. Hand soap n/a.
- Remove hair from the drain after showering.
- After use of the bathroom, leave it the way you found it and leave the door open for the humidity to escape. It is really important you leave the door open, or else the bathroom will get mould.
- If the bathroom door is closed and you are not sure whether someone is in there or not, always assume there is. Do not knock, or try to open the door to check. We always leave the bathroom door slightly open when no-one is in, that way you can be sure. Please do the same.
- Do not leave your personal belongings lying around, please keep them in your room.
- Never open the shower curtain that faces the washing machine, for water will make it rust.
- During your shower, take your toiletries with you and place them on the bench or on the floor (as you wish) - but not on the washing machine (see point above) or on my cabinet.
- Please dry yourself inside the shower, as not to spread water all over the bathroom floor.
- The gas metre lies inside the closet on the floor. Do not crowd it or place any items on top. Same goes for the electricity metre and switch board in the tiny cabinet on the wall - do not touch it or place anything in it.
- Use only the towel provided. Leave it to dry in your room, never on the floor. Please ask if you need a new one.
- Please do not open the bedroom window when the heater is on. Also, when you leave, always close the window.
//Last but not least//
- Whatever you break and/or goes missing, you will be charged for (will be deducted from your Security Deposit by AirBNB).
Hi, my name is Marcella. I'm an actress and singer. I have lived in Amsterdam for just over ten years now and I absolutely love it here. It's a beautiful city with so much culture and so much to do! I go to the theatre very often, so I'll have many tips if you like. I sometimes rehearse at home, so you might even get to hear me sing! :)
I have the most adorable cat named Pony.
I'm half Brazilian and half Dutch and have lived in both countries. I also love to travel. I like to read a lot too, especially about theatre and music.
Note to prospective guests:
Please make sure your profile has a clear photo of yourself and info. Also, please read through all the info of the listing before asking queastions that have already been answered.