★ "Hands down one of best Airbnb experiences I've had"
★ "Very thoughtful, organised & friendly host"
★ "Arrival/self check in process was so simple & easy"
★ "All communication was quick & clear"
★ "Everything is in walking distance"
★ "Extremely well thought out"
★ "Little touches make this place - umbrellas, myki cards, Netflix, mobile chargers"
★ "Centre of the CBD, but gets quiet at night"
★ "Super clean, modern, personable, very convenient"
★ "Highly recommended"
Welcome to The Scientist, a modern, secure and private 3rd floor studio apartment. It has been purposely designed to make you feel relaxed and at home the moment you arrive into its cosy - yet incredibly functional interior. Its layout provides the utility of a kitchen (with hidden dining table), bathroom (with laundry) with the studio space transforming from the living room into the bedroom in seconds.
• High speed ADSL 2+ Wi-Fi, with a healthy download quota + the Netflix is unmetered so you will never experience buffering whilst watching.
• 43” smart HDTV with complimentary Netflix connected to a multi purpose sound bar allowing you to pump the latest movie, sportscast, podcast or playlist around the studio.
• Italian engineered wall bed converts the living room into a bedroom in seconds - without any loss of comfort. The queen mattress has "medium" firmness + I've installed a mattress topper for additional softness.
• Blackout blind, allowing you to sleep long into the morning, with an additional privacy blind for use if needed.
• Three seat sofa to sink into after a long day, it extends out to become a massive chaise lounge so you can stretch out and relax! The sofa doubles as a single bed for those looking for a second place to sleep.
• Elevator access to the studio
• An assortment of lush indoor plants, to bring the outside in, green up the space and help you relax + they have the added benefit of cleaning the air!
• Espressi coffee (pod) maker and a selection of tea and coffee to get your caffeine fix prior to heading out and exploring Melbourne's great cafe culture.
• Rain head shower with complimentary all natural body wash, shampoo, conditioner, hand wash and lotion, plus fluffy towels and a hairdryer to help you dry off quickly!
• Large original Art Deco steel casement window opens up the studio and bathes it in natural light.
• Functional kitchen to suit a wide range of purposes from cooking up a storm to just reheating leftovers! Appliances include fridge/freezer, electric cooktop, oven, microwave, toaster, kettle and dishwasher.
• A pantry stocked with a range of spices, herbs, oils, condiments and spreads to assist in any culinary adventures you undertake.
• A drop leaf table folds up from the kitchen wall, creating a dining table for two, great for when you want to sit down to eat or plan the day’s adventures over a cup of coffee.
• New washing machine with express settings. Take advantage of complimentary laundry detergent, fabric softener and stain remover. A clothes drying rack and ironing facilities are also provided.
• Heating and cooling is provided by a state of the art Dyson Hot + Cool fan. If you are especially sensitive, or just want to snuggle up on the couch, an extra blanket is provided.
• Dual wardrobes allow you can hang your clothes and comfortably store belongings or suitcases out of the way.
• Use of myki public transport cards to help you travel outside of Melbourne’s Free Tram Zone.
Madison’s central CBD location makes it very easy to get to meetings you may have. For those coming to the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, you can walk there in 15 minutes.
The whole apartment is yours to enjoy on your own with complete privacy.
Interaction with guests
I strive to ensure you have all the information you require to ensure an easy arrival, from clear directions from the airport to detailed self check in instructions.
Once you've arrived, you’ll find clear information on the apartment, plus a local map combining the best place to get a coffee, to where you can pick up some basics. I like to message you occasionally during your stay to check in, and am happy to provide additional recommendations if asked.
I don't usually meet you, unless of course you choose instead to stay at Cecil, my private room in Fitzroy!
If an issue arises I'm usually not far away, plus my partner helps co-host. So you are in good hands!
Other things to note
Please note I do not offer additional discounts above those already provided for weekly (7+ nights) and monthly (28+ nights) stays. My listing is competitively priced and I take pride in offering guests more value than just a bed to sleep in.
The apartment is fitted with a small hot water service which only supplies a limited volume of hot water per day before it runs out. Over 95% of past guests have not experienced any problems by keeping to one shower per person, per day.
The studio is 32 square metres in size (345 square feet), which is quite compact and cosy. A floor plan has been included in the photos for perspective. Depending on your personal preferences you may find the apartment great, as a lot of my guests have, or you may find it a little small (as a minority guests have).
The apartment is located in a quiet part of the city, and is situated on the 3rd floor, so while street noise is diminished, it may bother especially light sleepers. Again, over 95% of past guests have not been bothered by it, and for light sleepers a supply of earplugs is provided.
More than anything I want you to make yourself at home and enjoy the studio! In order for you to be able to do this I simply ask:
Prior to sending an INQUIRY please ensure you have read through the information listed within the "Description" under "Other Points to Note" on DISCOUNTS.
Prior to BOOKING please ensure you have read and are comfortable with the information listed within the "Description" under "Other Points to Note" regarding the HOT WATER, APARTMENT SIZE and NOISE.
If you’d like to use both beds (queen & sofa) for sleeping during your stay, please let me know in your initial message to me when booking so I can ensure additional linen is provided.
• Please treat the space with respect and leave it as you found it.
• Please be considerate to the other residents living in the building.
• Please report any breakages or damage sustained to the apartment during your stay, it allows me to repair/replace it in time for the next guests.
• Please be aware that if excessive laundering or replacement of linen is required, or replacement of items lost or taken upon departure is required, the cost shall be requested from the guest.
• Smoking is not allowed inside the studio or within the apartment building - there are ashtrays on the pavement outside the building for smokers to use.
This host has 79 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
G'day & welcome, as I’m sure you’ve noticed my name's Vincent, though feel free to call me Vince, Vinnie, or Vincenzo! If you've made it here, check out the links below to the 4 listings I host and if you do book with me, you'll be in for a great Airbnb stay! I look forward to hosting you!
MY AIRBNB LISTINGS:
AIRBNB HOSTING STORY:
I dived into the world of full time hosting in November 2015, after a restructure at my former employer prompted me to explore an idea which had been kicking around in my head since 2013.
I’ve since hosted over 150 groups, however I feel like I'm just getting started, with more ideas than hours in the day! My current plans are for four listings spread around Melbourne, each offering different experiences and styled in different ways, each reflecting a little part of my personality.
My hosting style is all about:
— Providing great spaces to guests which surpass expectations
— Taking the stress out of arriving in a new city by providing clear directions, self check in instructions & being very responsive with communication,
— Sharing local insights on Melbourne and its surroundings, so as to provide guests with a local experiences, and to enable them to discover things they may not have found sticking to the usual tourist haunts.
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME:
I was born in Melbourne, have lived in the Pilbara (Western Australia), have flown around the world a couple of times, am very good with airport security, and have an affinity for problem solving, organising spaces and improving things.
I have lived full time in the world's most liveable city since 2014, and love the coffee culture, craft beer, amazing food and street art the city has to offer - I'm looking forward to sharing this knowledge with my guests through my guidebooks.
AIRBNB TRAVEL STORY:
I first stayed with Airbnb in their hometown of San Francisco in 2012. Since then I’ve stayed in peoples homes in Sydney, Munich, New York, Vancouver, Tulum, Mexico City, Courmayeur, Beaune & Amsterdam. I love being able to stay in uniques spaces, meet interesting hosts and explore neighbourhoods off the tourist track.