About this listing
I've always loved meeting new people, especially in my travels, so I welcome you to share my spacious 900 sq ft shabby chic apartment with me in my lovely Brooklyn neighborhood while enjoying all NY has to offer!
After reading the full description of my listing, if you still you still have any questions, please feel free to contact me and ask away!
I live in a beautiful 900sqf, cozy, quiet, SMOKE-FREE, shabby chic top floor apartment with elevator within one of Brooklyn's premier tree-lined neighborhoods. The apartment will be shared with me but you get your own private room.
Private Bedroom includes:
- Ceiling fan
- 1 private closet in bedroom
- Clean linens, sheets and blankets, posture-pedic pillows
- Alarm clock
- Full-length mirror
- Iron and ironing board
- Quiet (non NYC traffic noise) night sleep
Shared bathroom includes:
The modern full bath supplied with towels and toiletries (i.e. shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer, soap, toothpaste).
Shared kitchen includes:
- Full set of cookware and flatware
- Large refrigerator
- Regular size stove/oven
- Microwave and toaster oven
- Spacious counter and cabinet space
Shared dining and living room area for eating or computer work space.
When you arrive, you will also be provided:
- Wireless internet password
- Metro card on loan so you don't have to buy one
- Access to in-building washer and dryer
- One set of keys. Please don't lose them. This is a security building. I will ask for $150 to replace keys and locks if lost.
- Information on places to explore in Manhattan and the revived Brooklyn
- Directions to local grocery stores (big and small), clothing shops, and local cultural flares.
As your hostess, I will be happy to make suggestions of activities. I'm bilingual, English and Cantonese being my primary languages, with an understanding of Mandarin and working on my Rosetta Stone Italian.
Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions. I look forward to providing you a home away from home.
You will have your own room + shared apartment privileges + laundry room + set of keys.
Please tidy up after yourself if you use the kitchen.
Paid laundry room with washers and large dryers ($5/cycle includes wash, dry, detergent and softener) in the basement of the building. Please ask.
Interaction with guests
I work from home so I'll be more than happy to help with directions and suggestions for places to visit. Just ask!
Safe, quiet, affluent residential neighborhood with easy access to Brooklyn and Manhattan attractions.
20 mins. by train and 15 mins. bike ride to the famous Coney Island Beach and Boardwalk.
Public transportation in New York is FANTASTIC!! But if you want still prefer riding around in a car, we have plenty of taxis, private car service and everyone uses Uber here! From the apartment:
* 8 mins to the subway
* 40 mins by subway to Lower Manhattan
* 5-15 mins to surrounding supermarket, pharmacies, banks, and variety of local restaurants (Chinese/Kosher/Mex/Japanese/Deli/Pizza, etc.)
Coming from the Airport
* By Car: Taxi and private car service. (I can help you make arrangements ahead of time).
* By Subway: The subway can take you directly from the airport to my place, but depending on how much luggage you have, I recommend taking a taxi or car service. (I can provide subway directions ahead of time as well and meet you at the subway stop).
Other things to note
Please let me know your arrival itinerary with your booking so that I can make arrangements to either welcome you personally or coordinate a way to leave you a key.
Mostly 24/7 free street parking throughout the neighborhood (please pay attention to street signs on time restrictions for street cleaning). Often you can park right outside the building.
- Double lock all doors coming in or out of apartment
- NO OUTSIDE GUESTS ALLOWED: If you have family/friends in town, please ask them to wait outside for you.
- Turn off all lights when leaving the apartment.
- REMOVE SHOES when inside the house (I keep my apt clean and the streets of NY can be dirty). Slipper are provided if needed.
- NO SMOKING (including e-cigarettes) or illegal drugs of any kind allowed.
- Please clean after yourself when using kitchen tools, dishware, and utensils.
- Be respectful of neighbors, this is a very quiet building
- Avoid scuffing walls with luggage.
- Request instructions for use of appliances and kitchen supplies
- You fully understand this is a SHARED apartment with me. You are booking a private bedroom in a SHARED apartment.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
I've traveled all over the world for fun and exploration, but mostly to meet new and unique individuals who love sharing their everyday lives and experiences with me. Travelling has allowed me to learn about new cultures and build relationships with diverse people who have taught me the true meaning of living a full life.