Exposed 1871 brick walls. Large queen bedroom. New sofa bed in living room. Walk to Byward market, Convention centre, skating/boating on Rideau canal, Parliament Hill, U of Ottawa, NAC, Chateau Laurier, shopping.
I accept last-minute, same-day reservations.
This charming 1871 heritage condo is fully-restored, clean and conveniently located. It has its own new washer and dryer. It is well stocked with essentials (soap and shower gel, TP, food basics, coffee, tea, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, ) and is located in the heart of downtown Ottawa.
CONVENIENTLY CLOSE TO ALL MAJOR ATTRACTIONS and within walking distance of Parliament Hill, the Byward market, the Rideau canal, University of Ottawa, multiple embassies...
- perfect for a single person, a couple, or three to four people
- heated wood floors throughout
- washer and dryer in unit
- flat screen TV (42")
- LED HDTV with VIP cable package (over 290 channels)
- queen-size bed in the large private one-bedroom
- new sofa bed for 2 in the living room
- all bedding, towels, hand towels, face cloths
Fully-equipped, well-stocked galley kitchen including:
- stove and fridge
- microwave oven
- stainless steel pots and pans
- full dinnerware set
- abundance of cooking utensils, cutlery and glassware
- selection of dried goods, spices, rices, grains, baking needs, teas, coffee, etc., all complimentary
- hi-speed internet (wired or wireless connection)
- Parking is optional. Parking is a 1/2 block away (30 second walk) and is $16 for up to 24 hours per vehicle with in/out privileges. No reservation required.
- it is a non-smoking, pet-free building. Though I accept guests with children, the apartment is not "child-proofed".
This is your apartment while you are visiting. You have the place entirely to yourself but I am only a text, email or phone call away if you require assistance during your stay.
Interaction with guests
This is a an opportunity for my guests to explore all that Ottawa has to offer without interruption though I am only a text, email or phone call away.
Other things to note
Within a short walk of the university of Ottawa.
I ask that our guests be respectful of my home, the furnishings and supplies, and also respectful of my fellow neighbours. Excessive noise will not be tolerated. Quiet time starts at 11:00 p.m. every night. Any excessive noise will not be tolerated (my neighbours are reasonable and will only complain if it is obvious that the people staying are having a party that did not end at 11:00 p.m. A party can be less than 4 people ~ it is not the size of the group but the volume of the noise). Noise complaints will be dealt with no matter what the time is. Failure to heed a first warning of a noise complaint will result in a demand to vacate the premises immediately, which includes a loss of your deposit and no refunds. It is regrettable that I must be this clear with the noise rule but I have had a few past guests abuse my trust and booked the property with the intent to party. Since I have added this noise rule I have had no issues.
Please leave the home in the same condition it was when you arrived. Collect up all garbage and recycling and leave in the bins in the kitchen. Please wash your dishes.
This host has 746 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
When I travel and stay in private homes I expect to have all the basics available (like spices, coffee, tea, sugar, bathroom tissue, laundry soap) as well as finding the kitchen to have an abundance of pots/pans, knives, serving bowls, baking sheets, casserole dishes, etc.
Since I have found this is not always the case, I understand how disappointing that can be, so I tend to go overboard and offer everything I can think of!
I am a retired interior designer and a Cordon Bleu grand diplome chef. I have taken my training and experience from these two fields and applied it to offering the best accommodation for my guests, including a well-stocked kitchen! :-))