This private, brightly-decorated garage expansion stays warm and cozy with its own electric fireplace, surrounded by beautiful rocky mountain beetle-kill pine trim. Both a queen sized bed and full sized memory foam futon for lounging or extra guest. Room includes SHARED access with other guests in the apartment to a living room, kitchen, 1.5 bathrooms and hot tub.
You will have full access to come and go as you please. There is a keyless lock on each bedroom door for your peace of mind. The common areas include kitchen, 1.5 bathrooms and living room.
This guest room is a very private built-out garage space.
Fully equipped kitchen.
Comfortable shared living area, full bath, half bath, and laundry room.
Back deck and yard with beautiful views of the lake and peaks. Hot tub available for guest use.
Interaction with guests
We love meeting our guests and hearing their stories. We also love sharing our knowledge of and passion for Summit County! Please let us know if you need recommendations for the area.
We live upstairs, so we're close by if you need us, but we respect our guests' desire for privacy as well.
Other things to note
It is worth mentioning that our household (upstairs) does have a dog (Hans) and a cat (Norman) living here. Guests with allergies should consider this when booking.
Please be sure to read our house rules. This booking is for one bedroom in a 3 bedroom apartment with shared living space, bathroom and kitchen. No 3rd party reservations - No exceptions.
NO 3RD PARTY BOOKINGS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Note that bathroom, living room & kitchen are shared between 3 rooms.
1) Respect Each Other: There are two other rooms for rent in this apartment. We (family of four) live upstairs. We expect guests to respect others staying in the apartment. Although we've never had problems with noise from our guests, please be polite and quiet once people have headed to bed.
2) Be Tidy: Please keep the common spaces clean. This includes washing your own dishes, leaving the kitchen clean for the next guest. Leave the bathroom clean, towels preferably hung in your room and close the shower curtain for next guest.
3) No Shoes inside: Please leave your shoes at the door as to not track snow/mud into the apartment. We have heated floors so your toes should feel toasty!
4) NO UNPAID GUESTS: Sorry, you cannot use our place to gather. If you meet a new friend, you can go back to their place.
5) No pets.
6) No smoking inside. Outside is fine as long as you contain your butts/roaches.
7) Be energy efficient: If for no other reason than out of respect for your hosts who believe in treading lightly. Turn off lights, take short showers, use the many cloth napkins we provide and try the bidet.
8) Do not adjust temperature: You have a heater in your room to keep your room at your preferred temperature. Please do not adjust the main thermometer in the hallway.
9) Laundry: Please use the washer/dryer located in the house with the ½ bath. The garage laundry machines serve the upstairs apartment.
10) Clothing Optional Hot Tub: Gentle removing the lid, it's a bit fragile. Use the white towels provided for hot tub towels. Colorful towels are for showering. Leave the temp set at 103. It will cool off with the top open. Close the top when done. It gets icy around the tub, step carefully.
Hint, take the bath mat from in front of the lockers and place it on the step into hot tub to avoid icy-foot. Then bring the mat back in with you to dry out.
We are an adventurous couple who enjoys all varieties of mountain adventures. We love sharing our knowledge of the area to ensure that our guests get the most from their vacation/holiday dollars. We appreciate AirBnB as a way of experiencing travel through the eyes of our guests and through sharing our experiences with them in hopes of maximizing their experiences while visiting Summit County. We feel successful knowing that each of our guests leaves having felt a touch of mountain life.
Professionally, we are life coaches and will often end up offering free introductory coaching sessions to our guests understand the benefits of life coaching and help explain how it works. If you are interested, please let us know and we will do our best to make ourselves available at a convenient time for you. We look forward to meeting and sharing our amazing slice of life with you.