New quiet, beautiful 1-bedroom cabin has 2 big comfy beds, kitchen, private bath, lots of light, patio overlooking garden, 2 rental bikes ($10/day/bike), & steps away from Alberta Arts local restaurants, coffee & tea houses, music & art venues, craft brew pubs, 2 hot tub spas, Salt & Straw Ice Cream. LGBTQ & family friendly (w/ Pack N Play Crib). Also specially equipped for business travelers. Suitable for people with common allergies (clean, no pets, no smoking, use eco-cleaners).
INFORMATION TO MAKE YOUR STAY WONDERFUL
Thanks so much for choosing to be our guest at the Alberta Garden Eco-Cabin located in the heart of the Alberta Arts District:
4906 NE 22nd Ave; Unit B,
Room B-1 (1st floor w/ garden patio)
Portland, OR 97211
We want you to really enjoy your time with us, and hope you will let us know what we might do to help you have a great time in our amazing one-bedroom garden cabin in one of Portland’s most vibrant and delicious neighborhoods.
Let us know if you have questions about your one-bedroom cabin, need recommendations about great restaurants, hiking, music, art, tea houses, gardens, or how to get around.
CELL: (phone number hidden)
EMAIL: (email hidden)
Below is some information about what we intend to provide you to make your stay enjoyable, as well as a list of things we request you do and refrain from doing to assure your stay is successful for you, our other guests, and our neighbors.
You may check-in any time at or after 3 pm
LATE CHECK-IN: if you are going to arrive after 10 pm, we request you be very quiet out of respect for us, our other guests, and our neighbors. Since the lock to your unit is the last four digits of the phone number you provided us, you can check in late, if need be and won’t have to disturb us or anyone.
EARLY CHECK-IN: If you want to stash your luggage BEFORE 3 pm, we can almost certainly make this happen for a $10 fee if you let Bart Church know at least 24 hours in advance.
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING
PLEASE TRY TO USE BIKES/MASS TRANSIT: Because our community has a strong commitment to sustainability, we request you use a bike, mass transit, and/or car-sharing services (UBER or LYFT) both to get your Eco-Cabin and to get around in Portland. There are three very frequent bus lines very near your Eco-Cabin that will take you quickly to most areas in the Portland metro area: BUS LINES #8 (connects w/ Red, Blue & Green Max at nearby Lloyd Center), #17 (goes downtown via Broadway), #72 (connects w/ Yellow Line Max on Interstate). More public transit info is (email hidden), or you can use one of these great apps:
For IPhone use the pdxbus app
For Android use Portland Bus 2 app
RENT OUR BIKES FOR $10/day: Portland is the most bike-friendly city in the U.S. and you'll see a lot more of what makes Portland amazing by exploring by bike. We can rent you up to 2 bikes, bike locks, and helmets for just $10/day per bike. At no extra charge, we could even set you up with a bike bucket to carry your backpack, laptop, &/or snacks.
PARKING: If you have or rent a car, we require you to park on NE Wygant, which is ½ block south of your Eco-Cabin. Your Eco-Cabin is only ½ block south of Alberta Street in the heart of one of the most popular and fun neighborhoods in Portland. This means a lot of people like to park on our block and we don’t want to annoy our neighbors by adding even more parking challenges. Wygant Street almost always has plenty of very convenient free parking.
ROBUST WIRELESS INTERNET:
Network Name: Eco-Cabin
Ethernet high-speed internet plug-in also available near the heater in the living room.
* GARDEN: Your cabin has glass door, floor-to-ceiling window, and patio that open onto our beautiful vegetable garden, which has fresh produce for you to sample throughout the year (including even in the winter: French Sorrel, spinach, kale, celery, bok choi, culinary herbs, etc)
* BEDS: Totally Comfy queen-size bed for you, plus full-size Sleeper Sofa for additional guest(s)
* ORGANIC GRANOLA & RICE MILK, including a gluten-free granola for quick, healthy breakfasts
* COFFEE: French-press Coffee Maker & Regular Coffee Maker + ground Organically Grown Coffee. organic rice milk, coconut creamer, raw honey, & organic sugar
* TEA: Stainless Steel Electric Tea Kettle & assortment of organ, herbal, green & black teas
* Blender (for morning smoothies)
* COMPACT REFRIGERATOR with a separate freezer compartment
* State-of-the-Art Convection Heaters; energy-star insulation & windows
* Ceiling Fans (in B-2 only) help keep you warm in winter and cool in summer
* Ironing Board & Iron
* Hair Dryer
* PackNPlay Crib available for $10 cleaning fee
* Microwave & Toaster Oven
* BOOKS & GUIDES: Collection of Interesting Fiction Books & Guide Books (hiking, biking, Portland & regional sites) to enhance your stay
* Keyless Locking system so you don’t have to worry about losing your key
* LAUNDRY SERVICE: If you want us to do a simple load of clothes, it will cost you $10.00
* CONCIERGE: On-site Concierge: Most of the time we’ll have someone in the main community house (9AM-10PM) who can help you find what you’re looking for; in emergencies you can usually reach us after-hours as well at (phone number hidden)
ALBERTA ARTS NEIGHBORHOOD AMENITIES & SERVICES: you are short walk away from:
* Salt & Straw ice cream (the best ice cream in the world),
* Local brew pubs, including Great Notion ½ a block away
* Incredible local restaurants & food carts (Pine State Biscuits, Bollywood Theater Indian Cafe, Le Petit Provence, Tin Shed, Little Big Burger, Nutri Taco, Dar Salam Middle Eastern, Natural Selection Gourmet Vegetarian, etc),
some of the best local music venues,
* New Season’s Grocery Market
* Alberta Cooperative Grocery
* Multnomah County Branch Library (NE 15th & Fremont)
* Modern Man & Bishop’s Barbershops
* Two Great Hot Tub Venues (Common Ground & McMennamin’s Kennedy School)
* We have our personal reviews of a whole lot more Alberta Arts businesses & resources on our AIRBNB Guidebook (both online & a printed copy in your cabin)
TIME: 11 am
For $10 you may have us hold your baggage after the 11:00am check-out time. Please let us know the day before so we can coordinate storing them for you and delivering them too you later in the day.
LATE FEE: if you leave later than 12 noon, there will be a $25 late fee for every ½ hour you are late leaving (we have to pay a wonderful cleaner handsomely to wait for you)
LINENS: If you have time, we request you put your used towels & bathrobes in the bathtub
HEAT & LIGHTS: To conserve energy, please turn down the heaters below 2 and turn off all lights
SECURITY DEPOSIT: $150. We will look over your room at 11 am and sign-off on your security deposit if there is no damage to the unit; we appreciate it if you can be there for this inspection; if there is any damage, we’ll email you an itemized list of the damage & what it cost to repair/replace. There will be an hourly fee of $20/hour added on for if our maintenance person has to repair or replace anything.
LOST & FOUND: Before you leave, please carefully go through the whole unit to gather up all your valuables; if you leave things behind, you’ll have to pay us on Square or (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) to send them back to you + a $20 Handling Fee.
EXTRA PEOPLE: If more than 2 people stay in your cabin, there will be a $20/night GUEST FEE per person; we do not allow more than 4 people to spend the night in your cabin.
SMOKING & ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES: Because of our commitment to wellness, we don’t allow smoking of anything anywhere on our property, and we don’t allow possession of illegal substances anywhere on the property.
PETS: To protect any of our guests with allergies, we do not allow any furry or feathered pets anywhere on our property or in your cabin. You can certainly visit with our neighborhood cats and birds that visit our garden frequently
QUIET HOURS: We want you to feel free to play music and musical instruments during your stay, and we request you do this with respect for our other guests and neighbors. During these times, please don’t make noise that can be heard outside your cabin:
Sunday-Thursday 10 pm - 9 am;
Friday & Saturday 11 pm - 10 am
TRASH/RECYCLING: As part of our commitment to sustainability, we encourage you to recycle clean, dry paper, glass, and all plastics with a recycling symbol, and even food waste (which you can put in the special compost bin in your kitchen)
EMERGENCIES & FIRE SAFETY: Please do not disable our state of the art smoke & carbon monoxide detectors, and please promptly report if they chirp or appear damaged. If you are injured on our property or have a medical emergency, please call 9-1-1 if need be and promptly call our property manager at (phone number hidden), who will try to facilitate your getting help. In case of an emergency, we ask all residents to gather on the sidewalk in front of the house so we can make sure everyone is safe and so you can communicate with the property manager & emergency personnel.
SAFETY: For your safety and those of our residents and guests, we do not allow firearms anywhere on our property or in your cabin. If you are staying in B-2 (2nd floor cabin), we request you be careful on the exterior stairs, especially in wet and sub-freezing weather.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Strict -- 50% refund up until 1 week prior to arrival.
CLEANING FEES: If you leave your unit in the same shape you found it, you will only be charged our regular cleaning fee; if any of our linens are stained with lipstick or other things that require special cleaning or replacement, you will have to pay a special cleaning or replacement fee, which will be deducted from your security deposit.
PRIVACY & HOSPITALITY: We respect your privacy and will only check-in with you in-person when you 1st check-in or if we receive a complaint from a neighbor. We have a strong commitment to hospitality and welcome you to ring our doorbell, text or email us if you need anything or have questions about your cabin, our neighborhood, city, or region. Please call/text (phone number hidden) if you have any urgent needs.
It is a great honor to have you as a guest, and we hope you have a great time in your Garden Eco-Cabin and in this city and region we love so much.
The Alberta Garden Eco-Cabin Hospitality Team
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 158 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Have lived in Portland for 15 years and am passionate about local food, yoga, hiking, biking, music, urban farming, film, and ecstatic dance. I love sharing what I know about these pursuits and communities, and love connecting people with allies who can make their dreams come true.