A Hyams Beach classic: very well appointed, fantastic big views of Jervis Bay, and located almost across the road from the Cafe. A terrific family holiday house and an easy stroll to the beach.
Location - On Cyrus is located in the centre of the village on the corner of Boodeeree and Cyrus streets. It is just across from the Hyams Beach Cafe and a 50 metre stroll to Hyams Beach.
Key Features - On Cyrus is a large and comfortable family home with great views from the house and front balcony. Its elevation allows cool summer breezes through and it is situated in the heart of the village.
Configuration -All living at On Cyrus is on one elevated level. The laundry, bathroom and bedrooms are found at the back of the house. The bedrooms (1 x king, 1 x queen and 1x 2 singles) are all a good size and have built ins. There is a nice sized back deck with an outdoor setting and gas BBQ overlooking a large yard. The front of the house has a large comfortable lounge area, dining and kitchen all with views out to Jervis Bay. There is a smaller verandah off the front of the house where you can enjoy your morning coffee, bought perhaps from the cafe just across the road.
Outdoors -The back deck runs along the full length of the back of the house and overlooks the open unenclosed yard. The front verandah is on the north east corner of the front of the house.
Heating and Cooling - On Cyrus has an air-conditioner in the living room for those extra hot days.
Linen -Yes linen is supplied at On Cyrus. Please however remember to bring your beach towels.
Parking -There is off street parking for several cars.
Pets - Sorry,On Cyrus is not a pet friendly property.
You will have the entire use of this property.
Interaction with guests
Our property is not a bed and breakfast, so we will leave you in peace during your stay, however if you need us, please contact The Holidays Collection on (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Other things to note
Minimum stay - there is a minimum 2 night stay for all bookings, which changes to 3 nights on long weekends, 4 nights at Easter and 7 night blocks during peak season. Peak season runs from mid-December to the end of the Australia Day long weekend in January.
Peak changeover day - please note that during peak season, our properties have designated changeover days so as to make the cleaning rosters manageable.
Internet / Wi-Fi access - please be aware that there is no ADSL in Hyams Beach and poor ADSL internet in most other areas of Jervis Bay. As a result, until the NBN is rolled out, none of our houses offer internet access. If a house has internet, you may nonetheless use it with no guarantee of reliability or bandwidth by us or the owner. If you bring an internet dongle with you, the best network is Telstra, followed by Vodafone. Otherwise, use your smart phone only during your stay or go across to Huskisson where various cafes offer free wifi. The Sanctuary Point Public Library and the St Georges Basin Country Club also provide free Wi-Fi.
Our extra rules are as follows:
• If you depart on a Sunday or public holiday, we may give you a 4pm checkout. This will be advised at the time of booking
• sorry, no schoolies, no weddings, no bucks, hens or other parties
• sorry, you may not exceed the number of guests that your house is rated for
• whilst we take care to keep all in good condition and working order, nevertheless breakages, outages and malfunctions beyond our control do occur. When this happens, we will rectify a situation as soon as practicable, but do not guarantee or take any further responsibility
• re the security bond held by airbnb for your stay: if you look after the property like your own, respect the peace and quiet of your neighbours, take out the garbage, don’t move furniture, don’t un-cable electronic appliances, only have pets if allowed, and do not get too drunk or rowdy…you should be OK
• please also be honest in reporting damage or breakages, and plan ahead to leave the house and the dirty dishes in a clean and tidy state.
Common sense stuff really, or as your grandmother would say: ‘nice manners’.
I have been the Airbnb Account Manager at The Holidays Collection based in Hyams Beach for over 6 months now. From our portfolio of over 100 beach houses I have hand-picked a selection of our most prized properties to present to Airbnb guests.
The Holidays Collection is a privately owned company specialising in holiday rentals and sales in the Jervis Bay area. This rapidly growing business manages over 100 properties scattered along the gorgeous South Coast of NSW - including the beautiful couples only, heritage listed Hyams Beach Seaside Cottages.
We have a great team and on-site assistance from our office which is located inside the Hyams Beach Cafe!