Two charming open space houses close to the village of Reykholt (South-Iceland), Geysir and Gullfoss. Perfect for two couples or couple with children - or the romantic ones. Close to various tourist attractions, horse-shows at Friðheimar, Fontana at Laugarvatn, Secret lagoon at Flúðir, and river rafting in Hvítá for the more adventurous ones. About 35 minutes to Þingvellir. Perfect for Northern light watching in the Jacuzzi and convenient for further south coast exploring and sightseeing.
Both houses are open space (one 30 Square meters and the other 15 Square meters). They are only rented out together. The Jacuzzi is on the patio between the houses. Bathrooms in both houses with a shower in the main house and an outdoor shower by the smaller house. We tempt our guests to try the outdoor shower - It is nice even in the snow. The kitchen in the main/larger house is equipped with everything needed for cooking and includes a dishwasher. Two bunker beds and one fold out sofa-bed (for two) in the smaller house and a double fold out sofa in the main house. A large trampoline and a full size basket ball hoop. The houses are located next to the small town of Reykholt (south of Iceland).
Perfect for watching the Northern lights (when visible) during the winter in the Jacuzzi.
Only about 10 minutes drive to Geysir and Gullfoss, 7 minutes to Fludir and 15 minutes to Laugarvatn (Fontana). Wonderful and calming view over the river Tungufljót and the volcanic mountain Hekla. Convenient location for travel in the south (f.e. to Seljalandsfoss, Vík and Reynisfjara) or a daytrip to Vestmann Islands with the ferry from Bakki. A nice local swimming pool in Reykholt and restaurant (Restaurant Mika) - also an Icelandic horseshow in Friðheimar and a restaurant, all within walking distance. Also river rafting close by.
The most famous (still active volcanic) mountain in Iceland, HEKLA can on good days be seen from our cabin-nice view from the Jacuzzi. A small volcanic eruption last time in 2000 and before that in 1991. It has a snow cap on top and is in south-eastward direction. Icelanders in the Middle Ages called the volcano the "Gateway to Hell“ due to it´s volcanic activities.
Guests have the entire place (both houses) for themselves - including patio, Jacuzzi, out-door shower etc.
Interaction with guests
A key is provided in a keybox at site and therefore no need to match schedules. Instructions, recommendations and information about the keycode are provided directly through email few weeks before arrival.
We can always be contacted by phone or email.
Other things to note
A 15% discount is offered for a weeks stay, accounting to the seventh night free. Beds are made up with clean sheets and 1 towel provided per guest along with 1 kitchen towel and 1 rug. Coffee and tea provided for guests and guests are welcome to use our available seasonings.
For information about road conditions - especially important to consult in the winter time. (URL HIDDEN)
Internet access is available for guests (Mobile Wifi).
1. No smoking, no pets and no parties allowed.
2. Always check the water temperature before entering the Jacuzzi since the Icelandic geothermal water can be almost at boiling point.
3. Never leave doors open unattended (especially not in cold weather since there are mice in the area). Lock doors when out sightseeing.
4. We do not charge for normal wear and tear (such as glasses) but expect our guests to report any damage/breakage since we need to maintain the place and replace items - for other future guests and for us :)
WHEN LEAVING :
1. Empty refrigerator, do your dishes and wipe tabletops.
2. Take used linen off and leave it in a bin on the sofa.
3. Turn down all blinds.
4. Turn down the heat on all ovens/radiators to the black mark.
5. Lock all doors and windows and remember the bathroom window.
6. Leave the key in the key box.
7. Take ALL garbage with you.
REMEMBER: The place is our "home away from home" and very precious to us and we expect our guests to treat our place with respect.