"The house is comfortable, my boy friend and I both love it." (Linda, June '17) This spacious room is on the 2nd floor, one block from subway, and just 2.5 miles north of Center City/city hall. Close to Temple University campus and easy, free overnight street parking.
The bed is Queen size and the mattress is a Home Life Tranquility Sleep 10" Pocket Spring Luxury Mattress.
There are two twin bunk beds as well.
This newly renovated 4BR, 2BA home is 1500 sq. ft of clean, open, charming, and spacious. Your guest room is a private room on the 2nd floor above the city street. The house is located in an un-gentrified lower income neighborhood called Templetown. It is only a 7-10 minute walk to the heart of Temple University down tree-lined, residential streets just east of Broad St. and just a couple blocks from SEPTA (Susquehanna Dauphin Station). Significant features include:
High ceilings, southern exposure, hardwood floors, rocking chairs, office/work space, popcorn maker, dishwasher, house plants, great light, a restored 1917 Knabe piano and original art.
Bed linens, towels, and basic supplies are included.
Guests have a private 2nd floor bedroom and shared bath. You have access to the kitchen, living room, study area, plus a backyard patio, all of which may be shared with other airbnb guests. Check-in is between 4pm and 11pm. Inquire if you need to store your luggage prior to 4pm.
Interaction with guests
I am most responsive through Airbnb messaging, but also available by phone and/or text.
Other things to note
Television and cable programming are not provided. The house is intended to provide a place of peaceful retreat.
I care about your comfort, and it is my pleasure to hear from you if there is something preventing your total satisfaction. If there's anything you need or want to know that I have not provided or included, I want to know about it right away and answer any questions you have! Please read some prior guest reviews.
-Guests are responsible for obtaining and confirming check in instructions from the "house manual" provided at the time of reservation. If you are new to Airbnb or can not access your reservation details, please contact Airbnb customer support.
- No third party bookings. Only guests who are registered with their own Airbnb account may reserve the room for themselves and guests who will be with them.
- Message me that you've received your the front door PIN code (from the "house manual") and that you have completely read and understood your Airbnb itinerary.
- Check-in time is anytime after 4PM. Please do not check in prior to 4pm.
- You may request to store your luggage as early as 1pm.
- Only stay in the room you have booked. We provide late check-ins for guests.
- Please let us know your anticipated arrival time and departure times (as soon as you know them).
- Check-out time is by 11AM.
- If you are arriving late, please be considerate of guests who are sleeping.
- Quiet hours are 10pm-9am M-Thur. 11pm-10am Weekends.
- No smoking! Guests will be assessed a $50 fee for smoking in the house.
- You may BYOB, but please drink in moderation. No parties.
- Please ask the house manager if you want to invite guests who are not included in your reservation.
- Ask for what you need. Your satisfaction is our goal! Please communicate with us! We're human! Mistakes and oversights happen. Please give us the opportunity to help you, fix it, replace it, wash it, etc. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to improve your stay
- Clean up after yourself, including in the bathroom, and put all litter in the trash.
- Treat my home with the care and respect you give your own.
- Sorry.. no pets at this time.
- A second bed can be set up for two guests for an additional one-time service fee of $15.00 upon request.
This host has 743 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am an addiction counselor, a creative change agent, and a Quaker. I have a Masters of Divinity from Earlham School of Religion. I work full time as Director of Admissions for a partial care mental health and substance abuse treatment program. I have a background in music and theatre, and I enjoy the great outdoors. I am building an entrepreneurial ministry called The Bridge, to provide affordable clinical care, training, and creative recovery to diverse communities.