About this listing
This quiet fully equipped 3rd floor apartment is located in PR's political & cultural capital of OSJ. It's within walking distance of the best locations, great restaurants, casinos, tourist sites, transportation services & local shops. UPDATE: From Thu. 11 till Sun. 14 of August there will be the SOFO Culinary Festival. The street will be closed to traffic & restaurants serve food on the street. There is also live music from local bands. (URL HIDDEN)
Stay @ the ❤ of OSJ! This quiet & charming 2BR inside apartment is located right @ the center of the Historical District. (PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION TO KNOW WHAT AN INSIDE APARTMENT IS) It is fully equipped with a kitchen & bathroom. Perfect for your vacation & the "living local" experience. It is ideal for couples or families with children. It accommodates 2 to 5 people. We offer a Full size bed in one room & a bunk bed with another Full size bed on the bottom & a twin bed on the top. In the living room there is a sofa which can accommodate an additional small child. We also provide a folding crib, two booster chairs for feeding and a stroller for babies. The whole apartment is air conditioned. There are fresh towels & other bathroom essentials. There is a 55" TV available with a sound system in the living room. There is Wi-Fi and Netflix for the TV, you can also connect your own laptop or any other device to the TV & sound system. HDMI cable is available. There is also a USB port on the TV. It can read mp4, avi and wmp videos and pictures if you wish to bring your own pen drive or external hard drive.
Ample closet space is among its many amenities; in addition, our guests can enjoy a read or some quiet time @ the building’s indoor patio.
This apartment is located in the south part of Fortaleza Street (SOFO) which has been recently paved with cobble stones & where most of the local restaurants and souvenirs shops are located. Only a block or two away from various plazas (public squares where you can enjoy a delicious cup of coffee with the locals), multi-story parking lots, post office, tourist sites, pharmacies, grocery stores, taxi & bus terminal & free trolley stops, SJ City Hall, the Fortaleza (Governor’s Mansion), basketball & tennis court and the Calle San Sebastián – famous for its yearly "Festival de la Calle San Sebastián." It is walking distance to some historical sites which include the Castillo San Felipe del Morro, the Castillo San Cristobal & the traditional Parque de las Palomas. A short walk will take you to the beautiful Paseo La Princesa & the Old San Juan Port.
We offer a PDF file with all our recommendations to visit in OSJ and places to have lunch and dinner. Once a reservation is made it can be sent to you by email before your arrival if you wish. Also let us know if you would be needing beach towels and a cooler bag. There is a beach nearby in front of the capital building, 10 to 15 minute walk from the apartment or you can take a short ride, via cab, rental or public transportation to Escambron Beach or Condado Beach.
You will have access to the whole apartment B on the 3rd floor (two flights of stairs). There is a small patio in front with a water hose which can use if you are coming from the beach and you need to clean your sandals, feet, etc.
Interaction with guests
Feel free to call or text me if there is anything you need.
There are trolleys stops that run along this street. On the south end of this street, only a few minutes walk, there is a cab station and further down towards the dock is the bus station.
Other things to note
Things to consider:
1. This apartment is on a 3rd floor & there is no elevator available.
2. This apartment is considered an "inside" apartment. It doesn't have a balcony or windows looking out to the street. All rooms do have windows in which sunlight comes in from two indoor patios. This provides privacy and it also makes it alot quieter for sleeping. :)
3. Old San Juan has all the charm of an old historic town, but it also has the very old water supply system. You may encounter some noises of water running through the tubes in the living room. The sound can be a bit relaxing. :) Don't worry there is good water pressure and hot water in the shower.
4. Everything in the apartment runs with electricity. We appreciate if you turn everything off before leaving the apartment & Go Green! We also provide a containter for recycling.
5. There are neighbors that live under, next & above, so please be considerate with them.
6. This apartment building like 99% of all of OSJ buildings do not have their own parking. You can contact me when your close by and leave your luggage in front and either look for parking if one is available on another street or park at Doña Fela parking lot which is only two blocks away. Please beware of the parking lot besides Doña Fela, Galeria Paseo Portuario, their fees are expensive and they do not have daily fees. You will see this parking lot first, do not go in, the next building besides it would be Doña Fela. The building is painted with abstract art all around. It is located in Recinto Sur street. You will see it to your left.
7. The kitchen has an oven. It has a fridge with freezer, stove top, microwave and coffee maker. There are things provided for preparing, cooking and eating. Arrangements can be made if there is something you need for any special reason.
8. Please note that the dates January 19, 20, 21 and 22 for 2017 are for the San Sebastian Festival and are a 3 night minimum.
1. Check-in is after 4PM; Check-out is before or at 11:30AM. You may check in at any time after 4pm. You will be provided with various security key codes for easy access and checkin.
2. Maximum stay of 6 people.
3. Strictly no smoking inside the apartment and/or patio area.
4. No pets allowed.
5. Be sure to collect all your belongings before exiting the apartment. We can't be responsible for sending personal effects after your departure.
6. No loud parties or gatherings allowed.
7. If something is broken, please let us know about it. Any damage caused by negligence to the apartment will be charged.
8. Drug use in Puerto Rico is illegal, if you choose to go against the law you are solely responsible for it.