Separate mother-in-law cottage. Clean, cozy, "2nd story", 1 bedroom/1 bath/kitchen, perfect for 1 to 2 guests, located on our 2 acre residence. Enjoy bird watching on your own private upper deck overlooking the pool and grounds. A peaceful country setting, yet 10 minute drive in car to restaurants & shopping, 10-15 minute drive to pretty Cape Canaveral beaches, Port Canaveral, & Kennedy Space Center. 45 minutes to Orlando International Airport, 60 min. to famous Orlando theme parks.
Ready for business travelers or vacationers!! Great little private, upstairs mother-in-law cottage is separate from main house where we live, and has everything you need. Located on our relaxing, serene 2 acre, quiet, country estate in tropical North Merritt Island, only a 12 minute drive to Kennedy Space Center, shopping, groceries, beaches, bowling, and wonderful dining on the Space Coast of Central Florida. Outside you can enjoy the tropical inground pool shared by the main house, lay in the hammocks under the shady, mossy oak trees or enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in our stocked pond. Several of our guests have experienced our town's ground shaking rocket launches from the private upper deck! An awesome experience! In the kitchen, grind some of our complimentary fresh, organic coffee beans (regular and decaf) and enjoy fresh coffee out on the private deck or anywhere on the property, as you are more than welcome to meander. (Currently going through hurricane debris cleanup in yard) Cottage includes full mini-kitchen stocked with filtered water, spices, snacks, and includes full size oven / smooth glass top range, full size refrigerator/freezer, sink, microwave, breakfast bar, cozy living room with new comfortable dual reclining loveseat, 42" flat screen TV with Roku, wifi streaming and basic cable, small bathroom with shower, and separate bedroom with comfortable "new" queen size pillow-top bed, a vanity/desk, a tall dresser, and an armoire for hanging clothes. The space has everything you will need to make your stay comfortable. We do live in the main house and sometimes we are at work or traveling and may not get to meet you. If we are out of town during your stay we will appoint a local family member to accomodate any needs you may have so you are always taken care of. But if we aren't traveling, we're here to help you with anything you need via phone or text. We will always try to respond quickly! We absolutely love meeting new people! We also love helping guests make the most out of their vacation stay. Being natives of our little town of Merritt Island, FL we can give you all the best info on fun things to do that only the locals know about! Just ask us!
1. Your parking spot is directly in front of the garage on the far right side. You will see the guest parking sign and your unit's access stairs and deck are on that side as well.
2. A keyless entry eliminates the need for a key and provides you access 24/7 during your stay. We will provide you with the access code the day before your arrival. Late check-ins are easy, as you can arrive and settle in anytime late at night 24/7. Also please text us your approximate arrival time.
3. Registered guests have access to the entire apartment, the entire yard, pool area and your private upper deck. Per Airbnb rules, no extra visitors please on the premises.
4. Swimming pool access any day of the week between 8am-10:30pm, lit at night.
5. A shared laundry room with soaps/softeners included is available daily but in the main house so, just text an hour or two ahead if you need to use it. Located on back porch of main house, single door.
6. There is a small gas grill on pool deck for grilling out!
7. There is a phone in the apartment for local and 911 emergency calls only at no additional charge, but you must dial the area code 321 first.
8. Wifi internet password is written on the telephone inside your unit.
9. Host contact numbers are on a chalkboard in your unit's kitchen.
Interaction with guests
We will always be respectful of your privacy and vacation time, but are also available if you need directions to an excursion, if you enjoy conversation or if you need anything.
For other things to do, please check out the space coast websites and your room guide of local establishments and such. We want your stay to be fulfilling and pleasant!
We offer guests a private 2-4 hour boat tour through the Banana River Lagoon. Days of tours are on Saturdays and Sundays only. Please advise us at least five days in advance if interested and for private tour pricing. We usually see a great variety of birds, dolphin, manatee and the occasional Alligator. We can stop for lunch at one of the awesome, local waterfront restaurants (cost of lunch not included). Boat tour includes bottled waters, soft drinks and snacks such as chips and apples. You are welcome to bring your own snacks and beverages. Our 22' boat can accomodate 4-6 guests comfortably and has a covered shade awning. You will really enjoy this ride! Weather permitting of course. Rates apply.
At the homefront: Our Australian Shepard Lassie loves people and will greet you with affection if she is out playing in the yard. She may follow you up to the apartment door on the deck, but please don't allow her to come inside the apartment as we list it as pet free for guests with allergies. We let her outside during the day to chase squirrels and lizards but we keep her in the main house overnight. If she is a bother at all, or if you have dog allergies, we will not be offended if you let us know and we will keep her in the house where she loves to relax. Lassie is very affectionate and loves people but she does not lick. She may try to jump up and give a hug but if you hold your hand out and firmly tell her "Down", she will get down quickly and obey.
Transportation: If you need a ride somewhere or need to be picked up, we can often assist you with this in our vehicle. Low rates apply. We are here to make sure you enjoy this great area and our quiet place. We respect your privacy and will converse as much or as little as you would like. We hope you have a pleasant stay!
Other things to note
We are located close to everything!
-Fun places to visit:
-Port Canaveral 12-15 minutes away (See the new Exploration Tower, book a tour of the Historic Cape Canaveral Lighthouse, The Port is Home to Disney, Carnival, Norweigan, Royal Carribean cruise lines. There is also a casino cruise line with a full bar and food buffet at Port Canaveral. Dine waterfront at casual Milliken's Reef, Fish Lips, Grill's, or Rusty's Seafood for local fresh seafood dishes, live music on weekends, indoor and outdoor seating at all restaurants here. No parking fees at Port Canaveral unless you are leaving your vehicle to go on a cruise.)
-Jetty Park at the port (Awesome Beach, and Campground at the back of Port Canaveral, snack bar, restrooms, showers, daily parking fee applies)
-Historic Old Cocoa Village Riverfront in Cocoa, Florida (dining and shopping 15 minutes away, free parking)
-Personal Weekend Boat Tours of our local rivers and waterways by Wayne and I, weather permitting. On the boat tour, you will most likely see dolphins, manatees, native birds, etc. Rates available upon request, please reserve these trips at least 7 days in advance ($$).
-Golf (Savannah's public golf course is only 5 minutes away, very nice course, snack bar, liquor bar, pro shop) We have right handed clubs to lend if needed.
-The Beaches of Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach (Both beautiful, Cape -Canaveral has no parking fees, but Cocoa Beach has parking meters that take quarters)
-The Famous Cocoa Beach Pier on the Ocean (Shops and restaurants, live music on the water, fishing, parking fees on weekends only)
-Must visit world famous Ron Jon's Surf Shop too!
-Kennedy Space Center Visitors Center in Merritt Island (NASA and the space program history. Very nice place to see. Right at our back door. 12-15 minute drive)
-Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, etc. (approximately 50-60 minutes away, take 528 Causeway (Beeline) West to 417, to Kissimmee, parking fees apply)
-Manatee Cove, Sam's House and Pine Island Park are the best and closest place to go to see an abundance of native birds, wildlife and manatees, 5 minutes away from our place. Two nice bicycles available for use if you would like to travel to the parks this way.
-See our guidebook on our airbnb.com site for local activites and the best restaurants.
HOUSE RULES AND INFORMATION:
***Special Note: To all our gracious guests: We understand that each guest has different needs or different comfort levels, so please, before you rate us publicly on AIRBNB, PLEASE let us know if you can think of any improvements we can assist you with during your stay. And, let us know if there is something we can do differently. We appreciate your constructive criticism and we strive to improve and enhance our guests 'stay. Thank you so much! Have the best vacation ever!!
1. Check in 4pm. Call or text on the day of arrival so we can provide the key code door entry and other important info. We do not mind late check-ins anytime after 4pm EST with notice. We want you to feel at home and want you to be happy with the cottage, so, if you aren't comfortable, if you have any special requests, need anything, or have "any" complaints or feedback, please don't hesitate to text or call us right away and let us know. We will do our best to fulfill your needs expediently! We do work during the week and may not be onsite at all times, but we are always available by phone or text message. Once you check in, we do not enter your rental without permission and will only ask permission to enter if something is needing repair or is not working correctly for you. SINCE THE COTTAGE IS ALSO LOCATED ON OUR PERSONAL RESIDENCE, ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER GUESTS ARE ALLOWED ON PREMISES UNLESS REGISTERED THROUGH AIRBNB DUE TO INSURANCE REASONS! AND NO GUESTS UNDER AGE 25 PLEASE.
2. Your dedicated parking space is directly in front of the garage to the far right side, close to the deck stairs for convenience. Look for guest parking sign.
3. No pets allowed in the cottage. This is to accomodate our future guests that may suffer from allergens.
4. NO SMOKING IN THE COTTAGE!! Smoking is permitted outside on your deck with door closed.
5. Fire pit available for a romantic or casual night. Next to the hammock area. Wood provided complimentary.
6. Please DO NOT flush anything but toilet paper into the toilet/commode as we are on private septic system and it will cause a backup which may affect your deposit being lost. No feminine hygiene products.
7. We have available onsite a full laundry room for you to wash and dry your clothes. Please, provide us 1 hour advance notice and we will unlock laundry room. Laundry detergent, softener, and bleach is complimentary. NOTE: For long term guests (1 week or more), we, your hosts, wash and disinfect all the towels and linens. We provide a weekly exchange. Please ask anytime if you need linens exchanged. Please keep track of your laundry. When your laundry has completed it's cycle, please remove promptly from washer and dryer, based on the times shown on the machines, please do not leave all day.
8. Garbage bags and a small trash can is available under the kitchen sink.
9. We provide most bathroom necessities like soap, shampoo, toilet paper, towels, washcloths, razors, cutips, cotton balls, tissues, lotion, blow dryer, etc. And the kitchen is fully stocked for all your cooking needs. (Oil, vinegar, spices, dishes, utensils, glasses, paper towels, dish towels, toaster, microwave, full refrigerator/freezer, glass top range stove/oven, pots, pans, coffee maker) Help yourselves to the organic fair trade coffee beans and grinder for the best cup of coffee ever! We also sometimes provide some basic snacks in case you are hungry from a very late arrival. For an extra cost billed through Airbnb, we can arrange special occasion champagne, chocolates and flowers awaiting with your personal message on a card. Just call ahead to arrange with us.
10. Please be considerate and turn the air conditioner thermostat up to 78 each time you leave the cottage. You may turn it back down upon your return. The place is well insulated (note that it only takes a few minutes for the cottage to heat and cool).
11. Emergency exit will be through the main kitchen door. Fire extinguisher is in cabinet next to refrigerator.
12. Swimming Pool hours and : 8am-8pm year long. Best months to take a dip is April through October but pool is open all year. Swimsuits required.
13. Beach chairs and umbrella are located under the deck for your use at the beach anytime. Sunscreen and large beach towels are located in a beach bag inside the cottage in the bedroom armoire.
14. We live in the main house on the same premises as your cottage rental. We offer you privacy of your own entrance and deck but you are welcome to roam around the yard as well. Alcohol is permitted on site but please, no parties, no drugs, no loud music. We appreciate your cooperation.
15. Feel free to use the barbeque grill located on your private deck for grilling, and please remember to turn off the gas after each use.
16. Book a private local Indian River Lagoon motor boat tour wth us. Rates apply, just inquire. You will most likely see lots of wildlife such as manatees, dolphins, birds and sometimes alligators. Available on Saturdays and Sundays only, weather permitting. If you are interested, let us know the week before.
17. Rides to airport or to a car rental are also available if needed. Comparable local rates apply. Uber is also available here.
18. Feel free to use the available bicycles to ride down our local country roads at no charge. But use caution as there are no sidewalks and there is some traffic on weekdays between 7am-9am, and 4pm-6pm. Please ride at your own risk. Please note: we are not in safe biking distance to stores and restaurants. A car is necessary. Uber is available in our area.
19. Property damage or missing inventory items in the apartment are subject to the loss of $200 deposit. Unless a negotiation can be made otherwise.
20. See our AIRBNB guidebook and brochures for local recommendations on restaurants and things to do in the area and feel free to ask us anytime for advice on local hot spots and delicious restaurants!
21. Have a wonderful, pleasant stay! And please don't forget to rate your stay on Airbnb and also please sign a page in our guest book located in your cottage, if you have time.
Thank you for staying!!