Adorable private apt. Your bedroom has a standard full-sized double bed. The apartment has a fully equipped kitchen; bathroom with a walk-in shower and luxe, Italian tiles; dining/living area with dining table & chairs, comfy reading chair, and storage hutch; walk-in closet with extra blankets, fan, and pillow; private patio. Private, keyed entrance. 1/2 mile south of UC Berkeley.
This apartment is modern, immaculately clean, fully furnished, and nicely decorated in midcentury modern themes. The bed is comfortable with a medium-firm foam mattress and plush down bedding (non-down available by advance request), extra blankets & pillows. All bedding is washed between guests, every time, including duvet cover, decorative pillow covers, and spare blankets. A built-in gas furnace keeps you warm. Window blinds and curtains provide privacy. Three large windows let you take in the sunshine and fresh air.
Pricing explanation: I use a lower daily rate and a higher cleaning fee to create a discount for longer stays: each additional day results in lower per-day total.
PARKING Street parking only, free overnight (5 pm - 10 am). A permit is required to park more than 2 hours between 8 am and 7 pm. You can purchase permits from me, as available, for $10 each. Or you can park at the nearby Rockridge BART Station (1.2 miles) for $2/day and take the bus back to the apartment. IMPORTANT: **If you need more than a couple of days' parking passes, you must give your host one week's advance notice.**
Interaction with guests
Dennis or his co-host will meet you for check-in, by advance appointment, to show you where to find what you need and how to operate the furnace, check your ID, and give you the apartment key. Check-in is possible between 4 pm - 9 pm, according to guest and host availability. We are a lot more flexible about the exact time if you contact us at least a week ahead to schedule your preferred check-in time. Your flight must land by 7 pm to check in by the latest possible time (9 pm).
Other things to note
When you request a booking, please confirm that the booking is for you (vs a friend), the number of travelers (infants and toddlers count as people/travelers), and that you read and accept the house rules. Let us know your flight details (airline, airport, arrival time, flight number) & preferred check-in time.
- No burning of any kind: 420, candles, incense, etc.
- No events, gatherings, or parties
- No business activity that brings customers, vendors, or service providers to the property
- No chemical agents (e.g. bleach, paint, cleaning products, and insecticides, hair dye). Do not bleach or dye your hair in my shower/sink.
- No more than two adults and one child (children are people, too).
- No more than two outside visitors at a time and notify host when visitors are coming.
- Quiet hours 10 pm - 7 am: Enter and exit cars quietly, walk softly on the wooden steps to the apartment, keep voices to a whisper as you enter the apartment (neighbors' windows are close by), and close the door gently (don't slam).
- Keep dishes washed, countertops wiped, and food put away (inside cabinets).
- Waste Management: Separate waste and recycling; remove waste to the outside bins before it stinks or overflows.
- Green Living: This is a green/eco-friendly apartment, with organic, unscented cleaning and bath products provided. If you're traveling with your own, scented soaps, shampoos, hair dyes, bleach/laundry detergent, and colognes, please store them outside the apartment (in your car or on the porch) and use mine.
- PROBLEMS or BREAKAGE? Let me know immediately, rather than leaving it for me to discover after another guest has arrived and is inconvenienced by it. If you try to hide damage you caused, the cost of repairs will be higher than if you report it in time for us to fix or replace it, ourselves.
- No holding over. Late check-outs without advance approval will be charged at a rate of $25 per quarter hour.
- end -
I'm a semi-retired philosophy professor who teaches film studies, publishes academic articles, and presents at academic conferences internationally. I'm also a foodie, a yoga practitioner, and an animal lover, who tries to live a healthy, environmentally friendly lifestyle. Fellow travelers can stay in my clean, uncluttered studio apartment while I'm traveling. My friend and co-host, Amy, handles your check-in. We're pretty hands-off during your stay, but available, if needed. Please respect the environmental supports and health requirements of using my apartment (no toxic products such as bleach, hair dye, scented soaps, paint thinner, etc, inside the apartment).