Thanks for looking at our listing. :-)
We have dozens of unique places just for you!
(See list at end of the "Description - The Space" section below!)
"Scott and Jenna Short Stay" is our family~
We have hosted over 3000 families & groups & have hundreds of reviews!
We --Greet you in person! (Unless there's an urgent issue.)
--Are here for you 24 hours per day... we live here!
--Are Licensed / Inspected, pay Taxes
--Can rebate Airbnb fees with a gift certificate! (Inquire to arrange)
NOTE we have links to ALL 30+ of our listings on this website at the end of this description! (Airbnb used to provide that, but changed their format...)
Try this space with 1 Gigabit Internet! It's an incredibly cute two bedroom doll of a house with remodeling that paid attention to the classic architecture of this South Minneapolis charmer. Located just off of "Eat Street"! Near Downtown/Uptown/Lakes/Convention Center/Mall of America via bus.
We would love to host you in Minneapolis, and this is a great choice.
This lovely South Minneapolis home has an incredible location near the popular Nicollet Avenue "Eat Street" restaurant area, just east of Lakes Harriet and Calhoun, and on the bus straight past the Convention Center to the heart of Downtown. From Downtown you can access all other bus and light rail lines, to the Airport, Mall of America, St. Paul, etc.
King and Queen Bedrooms upstairs are complimented by a bath featuring a claw foot tub (though it has a shower too!)
Main level Living and Dining flow together. The kitchen has high-end stainless steel appliances, with lots of counter space.
Your back yard is very large, and has available charcoal grill, firepit, yard games and of course seating.
The lower level basement has a practical washer and dryer.
The entire space is yours! Not shared with anyone else!
Interaction with guests
We are always available, just a few minutes away. We ask guests to treat us like the front desk of the hotel, keeping in mind we are not a simple elevator ride away! :-)
Other things to note
The most important thing about this home is _convenience_. You are in the middle of everything, yet have a quiet oasis!
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the building. Smoking is allowed outside only. Please dispose of cigarette butts properly and be careful with the use of fire.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses. Guest agrees that Internet access will not be used for illegal or illicit purposes and indemnifies Homeowner against criminal and civil prosecution for such conduct.
6. NO PETS ALLOWED AT THIS UNIT. Pets are permitted only with prior approval, are generally limited to service animals, and the Pet Addendum must be used if a pet will stay at the unit. Note to those with allergies: cats reside in other areas of the building and dogs may have stayed in the unit in the past. Please keep in mind we thoroughly clean with HEPA type vacuums and all linens are laundered after every guest.
7. Parking: There is usually no limit to parking on the street near the building. NOTE that in winter, there are “Snow Emergencies” declared and your car must be off-street. NOTE that maintenance crews may prohibit parking, please look for signs. Consult with management regarding where to park at that time. Off street parking is generally
limited to one vehicle(s), however two vehicles may be parked one behind the other in the reserved space. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service or laundry is not included in the rental rate. It is an option, however. Please ask about for cost. Please ask if you need beach towels. We do not permit standard bath towels or linens to be taken from the units.
9. Hot tub or jetted tub (if in this unit). No children are permitted to use any tub without constant adult supervision. When using the public beaches or tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with all facilities. For instance diabetics should
not use tubs for extended periods. The timer on the tub should be the maximum time of individual use. Use at your own risk. Our housekeepers sanitize tubs prior to your arrival. Be careful in using a jetted tub. There must be adequate water, but not too much water. Please do not overfill, there is no drain in the bath area .
10. Fire. Candles use is not permitted inside the unit: Any outdoor fire pit, gas barbecue or candles may be used with caution. Ask for assistance and instruction before using for the first time. Do not leave a fire unattended. Ask for instruction if you have not used these items before, or if they are not identical to those you have used in the past.
11. Underage Drinking ./ Illegal Drugs: Guest(s) agree not to allow anyone under the age of 21 to consume alcoholic beverages on the premises. Resident(s) agree not to use nor permit the use of any non-prescription drugs on the premises.
12. NO LOUD PARTIES. This is a VERY quiet residential area. No outside parties with loud music, etc., ESPECIALLY after dark or after 10PM. The game room of the property is subterranean! So yes, you can have a party, however we must emphasize that any gathering/party must NEVER be an inconvenience to any neighbor. Disrespectful Behavior: Guest(s) agree and understand that certain things won't be tolerated, including (without limitation) disrespect of property, property owners, neighbors, or company management. Guest(s) shall be respectful at all times. In the event of disrespectful behavior, guest(s) shall be liable for an additional $500 fee.
13. Holdover: Guest(s) agree and understand that they must vacate the premises upon expiration of the rental term date and time of day (10 AM unless prior agreement). In the event Resident(s) remain on the premises after the expiration of the rental term, Resident(s) shall be liable for standard rental rate plus $200/day additional fee until the guest(s) voluntarily leave or are evicted from the premises by the authorities.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 431 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Scott & Jenna don't get much time for traveling, lately! We have over two dozen different configurations for Airbnb travelers! (Look them all up in one place clicking on our picture to access our profile, then see "View All Listings" on the left side). All of our spaces are private individual units. Everything from one room studios to single family homes to an apartment building where we could host 50 people at once! (We own the whole place! Well, along with the bank!)
We very much enjoy helping others make the most of their visits to Minneapolis, St. Paul and Minnesota.
When we travel, we like warm places when Minnesota is cold... Cali, Hawaii, Florida. But family ties take us to places like North Dakota and Ohio, too.
We like contrasts, Jenna loves food that wakes up your taste buds and Scott thinks cream of mushroom soup is a little spicy!
We especially enjoy the cultural scene in the Twin Cities area. More people per capita attend plays here than Manhattan! Modern dance is another one of our favorite "evenings out". And the music scene here is always lively -- from folk to rock and everything in between (one of us has an interesting point of view, having been a deejay at the club where Prince filmed Purple Rain).
People sometimes ask how we ended up doing this... it boils down to a very aggressive real estate agent! :-) Plus, we are both down-sized refugees from Corporate America. We like having our guests as bosses, instead of (some of) the guys and gals in the corner office that we worked for!
If you want to learn more about the area to make the most of your trip, we are happy to help. But we will never be intrusive. We try to greet in person, but can't always manage it with too many people arriving at the same time, or an emergency at one of the spaces.
However we are always available by email and phone and emergency phone. We ask people to think of us as the front desk of the hotel.
If there is anything we want to emphasize, it is get hold of us if there is a challenge! There is nothing worse to us than hearing of a problem in a review, when we never heard it from the guest while they were here! Don't be shy!
Thanks for reading.
Scott and Jenna