About this listing
The house is in the Ellis Beach Landing neighborhood of East Brewster and is a four-minute walk to a private, neighborhood association beach. Please note: the cleaning fee is reduced to $150 with a seven-night stay.
The house has 4 bedrooms, two upstairs and two on the main level, plus three full baths as well as an outdoor shower. The private patio behind the house is a great shady gathering place and features a new gas grill. This home has central air conditioning, new in 2014. The main living space is large, open and bright with wide plank wood floors and a wall of glass and sliders to the house-wide deck across the front.
The Ellis Landing neighborhood and beach is very popular with many families, who return year after year. You should know that most summers, there is a 20-30’ wide band of stones just below the high tide water line. Summer residents and vacationers clear paths through the stones so walking out to the vast sandy beach just beyond is no problem. It is functionally fine, but probably not as pretty to look at as some 100% sandy beaches. Also, the water can come right up to the stone revetment at extreme high tide covering most if not all of the beach for a couple of hours only.
The location is extremely convenient. You can walk or bike up to Route 6A in short order and find a neighborhood grocery store, book store, liquor store, pizza, bakery, fish market and gourmet foods store, as well as a Cumberland Farms convenience store. There are several excellent restaurants within easy walking distance. The famous Cape Cod Rail Trail bike path is less than a half-mile from the house. Major grocery shopping is about a 10-15 minute drive into either Orleans or E. Harwich.
Other things to note
Please note: Linens are not included in the cost of the rental. We do offer a linen service if you don't want to bring your own.
Pretty Picky Rental Policies
How to Book
Once you're convinced one of our Pretty Picky Properties is right for your vacation, we'll send you our simple Short-Term Vacation Rental Agreement. To lock in the week or weeks you have in mind, just book here on Airbnb. We'll return your security deposit in full assuming there is no damage, loss or extra cleaning assessed. There is a $25 charge for each lost or missing key.
ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE PROTECTION (ADP)
In addition to the valid credit card information, TENANT will secure the property rental with a nonrefundable payment of $50 - $79 for an Accidental Rental Damage Protection Program that reimburses the LANDLORD for accidental damages to the rental property interior that occur during the rental term, provided they are disclosed to Pretty Picky Properties prior to check-out. The Program will pay a Maximum Reimbursement of $. Any damages that exceed the Program Maximum Reimbursement will be charged to the TENANT’S account on file.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The parties hereto, in consideration of these presents, agree that this is a Massachusetts contract and a lease for a vacation or recreational use as expressed in Massachusetts General Laws C, 186 15(B) 9, as amended. The parties further agree that:
1. No more than the listed number of persons, including infants, children and overnight visitors listed on the lease shall occupy said premises and shall not permit more than the listed number of vehicles on the lease to be parked in the spaces assigned to the premises at any time.
2. No smoking, nor animals, birds or pets of any description shall be allowed on the leased premises (unless otherwise noted on the lease).
3. The TENANT is responsible for and agrees to notify LANDLORD’S AGENT before departure of all damage, loss and/or added expense to the premises during the lease term, including pay-per-view TV and phone charges, except normal wear and unavoidable casualty which may result from occupancy.
4. The TENANT will leave the premises in the same general, good and habitable condition as found on entry, including cleanliness, as described in the attached “Check Out Check List.”
5. The TENANT shall allow the LANDLORD or LANDLORD’S AGENT to enter the premises upon reasonable request and notice, both inside and outside, to inspect the premises, to make repairs thereto and/or to protect the premises.
6. The premises shall not be used for functions such as weddings, wedding receptions, family reunions or any other gathering involving more than the number of occupants specified in this lease agreement unless permission is obtained by the TENANT from the LANDLORD prior to occupancy.
7. Use of illegal materials such as fireworks at the property is prohibited.
8. The TENANT will pay $50 for each hour or its portion that the premises are occupied after the agreed check-out time, $25 per lost key.
9. The LANDLORD will make every effort to ensure that equipment and appliances are in good working order and to have any repairs made in a timely manner, but does not guarantee against appliance and equipment failure including but not limited to air conditioners, Internet, cable TV, dishwasher, washer, dryer or gas grill.
10. The LANDLORD is not responsible for lost or stolen items. The TENANT agrees to pay return shipping and handling charges for any item left behind and requested for return after the end of the tenancy.
11. The TENANT holds the LANDLORD and the LANDLORD’S AGENT harmless and indemnified from any insubstantial or non-material deviation between premises information provided at the time of booking and accommodations existing at the time of occupancy, including fixtures, furnishings, equipment, appliances or other personal property, whether due to typographical errors, misinformation or changes made to the premises by the LANDLORD.
12. The TENANT will hold the LANDLORD and/or his AGENT harmless and indemnified from and against all loss or damage occasioned by the use or misuse or abuse of any part of or fixture on the premises and from or against any omission, neglect or default of the TENANT, his guest, licensees or invitees.
13. The TENANT will hold the LANDLORD and/or his AGENT harmless and indemnified from and against any claims or damages for bodily injury suffered by the TENANT, his guest, licensees or invitees caused by the use, misuse or abuse of any part of or fixture on the premises and from or against any omission, neglect or default of the TENANT, his guest, licensees or invitees.
14. If the TENANT defaults and/or otherwise fails to comply with any item in this lease, the TENANT agrees to forfeit the entire security deposit and vacate said premises upon receipt of 12 hours’ proper notice from the LANDLORD and to be liable for all damages, including legal fees, should action be brought to regain possession or repair loss.
Property Information and Rental Rates
Each Pretty Picky Property is a private home owned by an individual or family. Each property is therefore uniquely furnished, decorated and equipped by its owner. As the rental broker, we keep and update a Property Profile, completed and signed by the owner, which is our only source of information regarding specific accommodations and amenities at each property. While this approach is usually quite reliable, we cannot guarantee that upon your arrival, you will find the property exactly as represented in the photos and descriptions provided at the time of booking. We must be held harmless for any misinformation, typographical errors or changes made by the owner of which we have no knowledge. All rates are reviewed and confirmed by the owner and may change from the original quoted rate.
Your rental property will have been cleaned before you arrive. You are responsible for cleaning during your stay and upon departure, to leave the home in generally the same condition as you found it. We provide a Pretty Picky “Check-Out Check List" to help guide you in your departure preparations and to ensure that your security deposit is protected from assessments for extra cleaning needed after you leave. The Check List is available at the property and usually emailed to you before you arrive.
Your Rental Agreement stipulates the maximum number of overnight guests, including all children, infants and overnight visitors, even if they stay only one night. The Agreement also states the maximum number of passenger vehicles that can be parked at the property. There can be no exceptions to these requirements. Failure to comply can result in default of the rental agreement and vacating of the premises. These requirements are strictly enforced in an effort to minimize impact on the property, including the septic system, which is designed for no more than the occupancy stipulated in the Rental Agreement. Your compliance is expected also out of respect for neighboring owners and rental guests who have the right to enjoy their properties and vacations without too many people and too much commotion next door.
Super Strict 60
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
There are a lot of places to rent for a summer vacation on the Lower Cape. There are only a few Pretty Picky Properties. Most are directly on or very near the beach. Our homeowners love their properties, fastidiously maintain them, and expect guests to treat them accordingly. Our guests demand a prime location and a vacation experience that far exceeds the typical Cape summer rental.
When you spend a good amount of money for a perfect summer vacation, you want to be sure before you commit. That's why we take the time to carefully and completely answer all your questions by phone or email. If you can visit the Cape in advance, we'll be happy to show you one or more properties you're considering.
Most guests are also comforted to know that Pretty Picky also has a property management division, Monomoy Property Services. Most unforeseen property issues can be resolved quickly with our ready access to maintenance resources.
We look forward to helping you plan your ideal Cape Cod vacation!
The Pretty Picky Team
(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)