Clean, sunny, cozy and stylish one bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living space in my private house in Queens NY for you to enjoy while visiting our great city. Close to shops, subway station, restaurants and airports. Convenient, private and quiet. 45 minutes to Manhattan (J & E or just J train) JFK & LGA Airports 10 to 15 min by car. There is no maid service. You receive the apartment clean and it is your responsibility to keep it clean while you are there.
This is a none smoking space located in a private house. Plenty of day light and windows , facing side and the backyard with a separate private entrance. Quiet, very clean & relaxing. Safe, multi ethnic mixed working class neighborhood of Queens NY. I can only host maximum 2 persons at anytime - no exception.
There is also a 24/7 surveillance system all around the property for added security.
10 to 15 min drive by car to JFK /LGA airport and about 30 to 40 min into Manhattan by subway. J train is just 4 blocks away from house (10 min walk). Supermarket, laundry and shops within 5 min walking distance. Free street parking with no limitations but no private parking.
This is a duplex connected through a stairway. I live on one floor and you have the first floor for yourself with a private separate entrance, your own bathroom, kitchen, bedroom and living area. I provide you with clean fresh towels, shampoo, soap, hair dryer, first aid kit, iron and iron board. Kitchen has all the basics you need, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, pots and pans, silverware, dishes etc,
Living room with HDTV work/dinning table, convertible comfortable sofa bed sleeps one person and bedroom with a queens size bed which sleeps one or two people.
Full kitchen with a bar style eating area for 2 .
Plenty of storage space and clothing hangers
Very Important: Please make sure you read the house rules before you make a reservation.
Interaction with guests
I love to receive my guests always in person and can be reached every day during your stay. I try my best to make sure your stay is as private and comfortable as possible.
Other things to note
Please be aware of the location before you book. This apartment is located in my private 2 family home and NOT in Manhattan but in the borough of Queens. It is closer to JFK airport (10 min by car.) then Manhattan. Subway ride takes about 35 to 45 minutes to Midtown Manhattan or to Canal street downtown Manhattan. J and E train. If you are a traveler and need to be close to the airport the location is perfect. Supermarket, laundry, restaurants, take out orders and subway stations are all within 5 to 10 minute walking distance or 2 to 4 city blocks.
1. Reservation must be made by the traveling party, and must remain in residence throughout the reserved period. Reservations cannot be made on behalf of another person. I will enforce this rule.
I reserve the right and may ask for identification at check in.
The Guest who made the reservation is also responsible for ensuring that the other guest or visitor adheres to these House Rules.
2. Absolutely no smoking or any illegal drug use inside the apartment. There is an ash tray in the backyard if you smoke. If you do smoke outside you must fully extinguish & properly dispose of all smoking materials.
Any evidence of indoor smoking could result in charges of professional removing of smoke odor - up to the entire security deposit possible.
3.The "NO PETS" policy is non negotiable. I love them dearly but not in this arrangement.
4. No overnight guests which are not accounted for in the reservation.
Visitors not included in the reservation must vacate the property between the hours of 12 PM and 8 AM.
5.*NO HOUSE PARTY* Please keep it OUT SIDE there are plenty of bars in New York City.
6. Recycling is mandatory in the City of New York. I will show you how to recycle when you arrive. If rules are not followed it may result in steep fines from NYC Dept of Sanitation and your entire security deposit may be at risk.
7. Please always make sure you turn off all lights, air conditioner and stove etc. and lock all doors with the keys when you leave the apartment.
8. No Torrent/PTP (Peer-to-Peer) file sharing, downloading, transferring or seeding while you are using my Network / internet.
9. Guest must keep the apartment clean. I present you with a spotless clean place and I expect you to do the same in return. Please be mindful you are in private home and not a hotel.
10. If you use the stove/oven/dishes/cookware/etc you are asked to wash and clean them after each use. Also do never leave food uncovered outside in the open. All this is to prevent cockroach investation which is a serious problem in New York. This is a cockroach free house and i like to keep it this way.
Born and raised in Switzerland and living in New York City and Fort Lauderdale. I am an artist, designer, and self employed. I love reading, painting, the arts, crafts, politics, enjoy the company of friends and family, good movies like mysteries, documentaries and thrillers, music from hard rock to classical. Open minded and consider myself reliable, trustworthy, responsible, orderly and like it clean. Quality of life is very important to me and I am still in love with the greatest city of the world NYC after 30 years living here but also enjoy the life style, tranquility and the beaches of south florida. Welcome to the Big Apple!!!