About this listing
In a Victorian mansion overlooking South London, this 1400 sq ft high-spec apartment in the Hillside conservation area of Wimbledon Village is 1/2 mile from Wimbledon station with excellent rail links to central London and airports
Occupying the second level of one of the most prominent buildings in the Hillside conservation area of Wimbledon Village, with large rooms and 10'6" high ceilings, this bright and airy newly refurbished apartment has three main bedrooms at the rear overlooking the gardens, an additional small bedroom/study, two bathrooms, a large living room, and eat-in kitchen. It sleeps 8 people, with an option of 2 additional guests (negotiable). There is also a small outside balcony to the rear, and communal front garden. The road and surrounding area is very quiet.
The principal bedroom has a king size bed and a large walk-in wardrobe, and the en-suite bathroom is accessible from the main hallway in a way that enables easy use by all guests. The second bedroom has two single beds, the third a 'trundle' bed which converts to a double. The fourth bedroom/study has a sofa bed that converts to a smaller double, while the living room has a sofa which converts to a comfortable full size double.
A private parking space at the front of the property offers easy and secure access to the central hallway/stairs to the property.
Interaction with guests
The owner of the property lives in the same building, offering flexible hours of arrival (by arrangement) and ongoing support and advice to ensure a pleasant stay.
Wimbledon Village offers rapid and easy access to central London and all major airports, while living in an almost countryside rural environment, surrounded by cafes, restaurants, pubs, and restaurants.
- Car parking is private/off-street at the front of the property in easy view, - Wimbledon rail station half a mile/10 minutes walk (mainline overground rail, tube/subway, Thameslink and Tramlink)
- two major bus routes at the bottom of the road to the station and Kingston Town Centre, various buses towards central london in Wimbledon Village
- 1.5 mile road access to A3 with direct access to M25 London orbital highway
Other things to note
- 10 minutes walk to Wimbledon town centre and shopping
- 10 minutes walk to Wimbledon rail/underground station (direct 15 minutes to Waterloo, 25 minutes to South Kensington)
- 8 minutes (virtually traffic-free) walk to Wimbledon Village through a series of well-lit interconnecting passages along Hillside (once used by butchers', bakers' and dairymens' errand boys!) to access numerous restaurants, coffee shops, pubs, boutiques and convenience grocery stores
- 6 minutes walk to Wimbledon Common for healthy recreation including walking, cycling, golf and horse riding across 1,100 acres touching Richmond Park's 2,400 acres (one hour's very brisk walk to Turner's view of the Thames from Richmond Hill!)
- 4 minutes walk to the 'local' pub 'The Swan', and horse riding stables
Prefer family groups on vacation, or sharing working professionals on assignment to London - strictly not a venue for large social gatherings/parties.