Charming and quiet location, with spectacular City & Bay views from all 3 levels, including the multiple decks and almost every room. This lovely home offers a mix of both original charm and updated contemporary detail - hardwood floors, fireplace.
We look forward to sharing our home for the first time and are offering it a discounted price for first time guests to review.
The home is centrally located near the Pemberton Steps on Villa Terrace, which is a wonderful and almost hidden street in the "terraces" of Clarendon Heights. The location offers a quiet escape from the City below, yet it's still convenient, easily accessible and walk-able down to the shops and restaurants of Cole Valley and the Castro. While the block is flat, the house sits on the hillside and is spread over 3 split-levels. From the front door, you enter the main level into the Living Room with its huge picture window, spectacular City/Bay views, fireplace, hardwood floors, duel sofas, HDTV and play area. Also on this level and off the Living Room is a wonderful deck (with BBQ) and a guest powder room (half bath) and laundry area (with washer/dryer). A few steps up from the Living Room, there is the fully equipped Kitchen (electric range and microwave) and Dining Room which enjoys another picture window overlooking the City. One flight downstairs from the Living Room and main level, the Middle Level consists of a large Master Bedroom (with another picture window overlooking the City and a California King Tempurpedic mattress & TV) and marble Master Bath (with tub and separate shower). Continuing down another level, there is the Guest Bedroom (Queen Bed) with ensuite bath (shower only/no tub) and the Kids Room (set of twin Bunk Beds & sofa which also makes up into full bed if needed). From the lower level, there is also access to the garden level deck (with table and chairs) from the hall or the Kids Room.
Guests will have access to the entire house (except for the driveway and garage which is used for storage). There is easy street parking, including the spot behind the driveway (really - this is not an area where you have to worry about parking).
Interaction with guests
Available by phone, but will not be on-premise during your stay.
Other things to note
1) Note that the Kids Room does not have direct access to a full bathroom, and guests in this room will need to use the bathrooms accessible from the Master or Guest Bedrooms, or the half bath of the Main Level. Also, the Bunk Beds (and pull out "sofa") in this room are intended for children and not likely not meet adult comfort or size expectations. The 6 person occupancy for this listing contemplates no more than 4 adults.
2) This is our home and "lived in" (there are personal photos on the walls, and our personal items are located throughout including in closets, cabinets, drawers, etc.). You will have plenty of room to unpack and space in closets/drawers, but please be aware the house is not empty of personal belongings and "staged".
3) Please note that we have have a hypoallergenic dog (and the house has had other canine visitors in case you have a severe allergy). Depending on the circumstances, we will consider your well behaved dog as well.
4) Guests are expected to respect our home and our neighbors. NO parties or loud gatherings. No smoking or drugs.
5) As California is suffering a severe drought, Guests are expected to follow water conservation efforts and help conserve water. Accordingly, the home is currently operating on a single 30 gallon water heater (and while this is sufficient for our family of 3, it may require staggering shower/bath use for larger groups).
6) Street Cleaning is on Thursday Morning (9-11) on our side of the street, and Friday Morning (9-11) on the opposite side of the street. Cars must be moved during these times or will be ticketed.
Guests are expected to respect our home and our neighbors. NO parties or loud gatherings. No smoking or drugs. No pets except with specific written permission (ask about your well behaved dog; sorry, no cats).
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.