About this listing
Villa Dionysus is in the immediate vicinity of the coast in the turquoise bay of Gradina only 5 km away from the town of Vela Luka! The villa is a magnificent in its Mediterranean architecture, a harmony of the Brač stone, a beautiful forged fence.
Villa is situated in the immediate vicinity of the coast in the turquoise bay of Gradina, only 5 km away from the town of Vela Luka on the breathtaking island of Korcula.
The exterior of the villa is a magnificent example of Mediterranean architecture, a harmony of the valued Brac stone, a beautifully forged fence and marble embellishment.
The building was formed to replace a small Dalmatian house which was reformed into a beautiful luxury villa. Every detail of the villa is made from the valued Brac stone, forged fence or exquisite plates. When inside, it will make you feel like a true Greek god for the owner, a hedonist by soul and an aesthete by heart, created it for himself and his family.
A mere 20 meters from the pebble-rock beach, villa Dionysus consists of the main house and a guest house (which, although a part of the villa estate, can be completely separated from the main house).
Six bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms can easily host between 12 and 14 people if children are included in these numbers.
The main house includes two floors, the ground floor and the first floor.
The ground floor boasts with complete kitchen facilities, including a dining room, a bathroom, and one bedroom with a double bed and a terrace with outdoor terrace furniture. A few stairs bring you to a mezzanine revealing a luxurious living room with LCD panel and a romantic fireplace.
The first floor exhibits 4 bedrooms each with a double bed and an en-suite bathroom as well as an exit to a balcony with a striking view of the sea which you can admire from the comfortable terrace furniture.
The guest house is situated right next to the main house giving the impression of an apartment: a living room with a kitchen, a bathroom and a bedroom with a balcony uncovering a stunning view of the sea.
The surroundings of the villa are rich with Mediterranean vegetation where a path through a small olive tree plantation leads to a pebble-rock beach only 20 meters away.
There is a large pool with a waterfall, heated salt water and a massage Jacuzzi on the terrace. The terrace surrounding the pool is equipped with wooden beds (the picture shows previous, plastic beds) and a shade. Rounding up this magnificence is a breathtaking view of the sea, the smaller islands and anchored sailboats. The exquisite location of the villa, the large pool and a light breeze (summer mistral) will enable you to experience uplifting moments in the hot summer days of your vacation.
There is a hacienda – a thatched terrace located by the pool which can be converted into a closed space (all glass - to keep the beautiful view of the breathtaking turquoise bay still in sight) with a table and chairs as well as an external grill. It is ideal for family meals, social gatherings and parties. On request, the charming owner will be happy to assist you in the making of delicious Dalmatian specialties while entertaining you with his genuine sense of humor, unbelievable life energy (despite his age) and high spirits.
Interaction with guests
After the reservation you will receive the contact information of your host who will greet you at Villa and will be at your disposal throughout your stay. She will be happy to give you all further information about the place, best restaurants, beaches and much more.
!Please note that Tourist tax is to be paid upon arrival - 1 eur/ per night per adult.
Anything you need. From transfers to rent a car, bikes, just let us know, we will gladly assist.
Other things to note
1.) Pupnat Bay (Pupnatska Luka : We recommend that you take a trip by car to the beautiful Pupnat Bay (a relatively un-populated bay with a beautiful pebble beach and one typical Dalmatian restaurant) approx. 30-minute drive by car from your apartment (without shade, so we recommend bringing a sun shade with you). You can reach the beach by descending the new asphalt road and park at the end of the bay. The best time to visit this beach is in the early morning hours when there are less people there and the colours of the sea are breath-taking!
2.) Bacva Bay (Plaza Bacva), on the way to the town of Korcula (30-minute drive from your apartment) is approx. one half smaller than Pupnat Bay but no less charming. The best time to visit is during the day with small white pebble stones all warmed up from the sun!
3.) The town of Korcula with its medieval Old Town (about an hour's drive from your apartment). Some people affectionately refer to it as little Dubrovnik. The town of Korcula is an annual host of Knights games called Moreska which are a wonderful tourist attraction, especially for children.
They take place in the old city centre in the amphitheatre under the stars. After the games have a cocktail at Massimo – a pub in the tower of the city walls. To reach it, you need to climb a wooden ladder (skirts are not recommended).
For that final cherry on top treat yourself to an authentic sea food dinner in one of Korcula's many restaurants (we recommend restaurant Mareda or Aterina in the old city center) to end the perfect trip around Korcula island.
4.) Proizd Island with its magical turquoise pebble beaches! The boat Muro which takes you to the island 3 times a day (9 am, 10 am and 11 am). The ride takes approx. 40 minutes and you can return back to Vela Luka at 4 pm, 5 pm or 6 pm from Proizd Island.
The boat ride itself is already an adventure. We recommend that you bring a sunshade and some food, however, there is one restaurant on the island where you can buy some water, ice cream or have a Dalmatian lunch (not really a highlight in restaurant offer but nevertheless the grill dishes are quite tasty). Three are a number of pine woods above the beach, so there is some shade. The island has 4 excellent beaches and the last on the left is a nudist beach.
1. Upon arrival, the Villa is available from 4 pm. The last day, please leave the Villa until 10 am, if not differently noted on your Voucher.
2. The Villa shall be left in a clean condition. Please take the garbage out and wash the dishes. Kitchen is supposed to be left clean.
3. Guests are responsible for their behavior in the Villa and its surroundings. In the event of an accident host or agency does not take any responsibility.
4. Is strictly forbidden to climb on the balcony railing. Children may be on the balcony only in the presence of their parents.
5. It is forbidden to throw cigarette butts around the Villa, on the balcony or somewhere else. If by accident ashtray is not in the Villa, please contact the host, to provide it for you.
6. Everytime you leave the Villa, please lock the doors, close windows, turn off air conditioning and close the faucet and shower.
7. Once you have the air conditioning turned on, please close all windows and balcony.
8. Please do not leave Air Condition on in your absence, as the room cool in 20 minutes when re-entering the apartment and turning on the air condition. Also by doing this, you take care of the environment.
9. Use the water in the Villa economically when washing and taking showers.
10. When you leave the poolside terrace always close all the blinds, because in the event of wind or storms at night can get carried away and damaged.
11. Housekeeper may in the absence of guests enter the Villa to take care of minor defects, to prevent further damage of equipment.
12. Guests are kindly asked not to cause damage and do not disturb other guests. It is forbidden to cause excessive noise during the afternoon rest period (2pm to 4pm) and from 10pm to 7am.
13. Only reported guests may enter the Villa. Housekeeper may allow eventual visits from time to time.
14. Pay attention to your children. The water in the pool is deep and dangerous for non-swimmers.
15. On departure day, please leave the Villa in the condition as you received: dishes washed, clean and empty refrigerator, take out the garbage and other stuff from the refrigerator. Other activities, such as toilets cleaning, disinfection and replacement of linen will be carried out by the cleaning service. You can do a lot to help next guest move in as quickly as possible. And we thank you for it.
16. Towels are at your disposal in the Villa. Please do not take them to the beach or to the pool. If you need new one, please inform your host and she will gladly take care of it.
17. Towels used only for what we are primarily intended - please do not delete the floor or other things with a towel, because it thereby destroyed. If your apartment is not a Wipe or brush the ground, do not hesitate to ask your host, and it will bring you.
18. If there has been damage to equipment, Villa or part of it, to please inform your host. If there is significant damage caused by the fault of the guest is required to pay damages.
19. Your wishes, compliments or suggestions for improvement can be reported to the host. We welcome your impressions and comments!
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 196 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am in love with the Adriatic Sea and together with my team of 5 people we choose each house in a way that we test it, fall in love with it and then manage it for the owners, who are absent.
That is why me and my husband bought a house on the Island and spend most of our summers here. We think Adriatic is the most beautiful region in the world!
We love to welcome guests from all our the world and share with them our favourite restaurants, hidden bays, the best sunsset places, cocktail lounge bars and funny experiences with a little rented boat.
Our mission is to make you fall in love with holidays at the Adriatic as much as we are.
Our company manages this house and makes sure it is perfectly clean (my husband is German as you could guess so this issue is done by german standards :)) and we make sure you feel safe, welcomed and inspired.
- great books
- restaurants where they cook with soul and herbs
- singing and listening to a good music
- driving with the boat around the little islands
- getting to know new people
- ecological approach to life
I am madly in love with kite-boarding, so this is my main sport activity in the summer.
I am so grateful that just 20 minutes of a taxi boat drive across the Island of Korcula, in a little town Viganj on the mainland, there is a perfect surfing and kiting spot that I visit regularly (they have great schools for water sports as well).
On Krk Island, you can also get a nice spots for windsurfing, not far away also kitesurfing.
Life's motto: Enjoing life!