Our bright & fully equipped garden flat is on a quiet corner with a village feel yet in heart of vibey Melville near 2 Unis, shops, cafes, hospitals. Rea Vaya buses &Tuk tuks get you to trendy Braamfontein,Rosebank,Zoo Lake & historic Sophiatown.
The lovely large garden and ample safe parking are a bonus. Our two playful & energetic dogs are fun & offer extra security, but you do need to like dogs!
The guest has access to wifi, parking, washing machine, garden space & an outside braai (bbq) or fire 'pit'. For the washing guests need to have their own powder / softener.
Interaction with guests
We are usually around but take the lead from guests as to how much contact they prefer. I work from home so I'm available for info or help most of thd time.
Other things to note
Our 2 dogs are of medium size, playful & energetic, especially the puppy (1year old). They need to have free reign of the gardens for security, so guests who stay here will need to be dog-lovers & certainly cannot be afraid of, or irritated by dogs. Please do not feed them any tit-bits or bones. Thank you.
1. NON-SMOKING: We are a strictly non-smoking venue. Guests may not smoke inside.
2. PARKING: There is parking in the yard for your car. Guests may need to park outside.
Any GUESTS staying overnight need to have permission to stay & they need to pay the per person per night extra fee as stated under 'additional fees'
3. PETS: We have two dogs who are great with people but not so great with sharing their space with other dogs or cats so we cannot accommodate guests' pets at this point.
4. CLEANING: We expect people to leave the place as clean as they find it and to communicate with us about any issues promptly. We try our very best to fix anything as fast as possible.
5. LAUNDRY: Guests may use the washing machine in the main house for their own clothes but need to bring their own powder & softener etc.
6. LINEN CHANGE: Towels, bedlinen & kitchen cloths are provided. Guests staying longer than 1 week get a free linen change per week.
7. RECYCLING: The city recycles in this aera so we provide 2 bins for this purpose. 1 for non-recyclables & 1 for glass, plastic,tins & paper. Tuesday mornings 7.30am is waste collection. Please put yournon-recyclables into the black wheelie bin outside in time,& the recyclables next yo it. Thank you!
I am a relaxed multi-cultural person who loves cooking, playing scrabble, reading, socializing, travelling. I am a Hungarian/German psychologist and life coach/executive coach who also likes to paint. I love growing organic veggies & going for walks with our dogs. I have lived in Melville for a long time & enjoy its bohemian and artistic social scene. As a host I enjoy meeting people from all walks of life and letting them see Joburg through my eyes for the amazing, beautiful and energetic city it is. I speak Spanish, French, German, Hungarian & even a tiny bit of Arabic & Zulu. I look forward to hosting you!