Our home is your home.
We have a spacious spare bedroom with plenty of room for one or two guests. The room includes a full size bed, desk, sunroom (see picture), and plenty of books about graphic design, architecture, travel, food and Cincinnati.
Our home is your home (with the exception of our bedroom). We have 1.5 bathrooms. The dining/living room is spacious and includes a record player, a beautiful original stained glasses window, seating, and a six person, locally crafted, dining room table with benches. During the warmer months you may relax outside on our front porch.
Interaction with guests
We're happy to interact with our guest as much or as little as they like. We'll offer recommendations verbally or written. Whichever you prefer.
Some have called us gregarious introverts, meaning we value and desire relationships but also yearn for and need our own personal time. Typically, we cater to our introverted side during the mornings, giving ourselves a chance to recharge through reading and contemplation. We just ask that you keep that in mind while staying with us.
D.J. works for himself and often works from home at the dining room table. You're totally welcome to join him if you need to work remotely or catch up on your social media. Think of it like a co-working space in that way.
Other things to note
We're arm chair coffee enthusiasts, meaning we appreciate a good pour over but accept all brewing methods in the house. Whole beans are always in stock, usually roasted locally by Deeper Roots. We'd be happy to make you a pour-over...just ask! Otherwise, a small drip coffee pot is available for use in your room.
- Enjoy our space as if it were an old friends or family.
- Ask us questions about our neighborhood + city.
- Let us know how we can make your stay most comfortable and accommodating.
- We love, love, but please don't use our space as a hook up spot. Ick.
- While we make exceptions for long-stay guests, please don't utilize our kitchen for extensive cooking. We'd be happy to point you toward a number of breakfast, lunch, and dinner spots nearby.
- We're early to bed, early to rise people typically. Please don't book if you plan to be stumbling in the door at 3am. This isn't a crash pad.