A perfect yogic retreat located on a gated private drive, our newly updated studio is situated in the Feng Shui armchair position on our land... with spectacular views of the Ojai Valley. Find a private, peaceful escape in Ojai's beloved East End and enjoy private on-site yoga instruction nestled within the hills of the Los Padres National Forest. If you are kindness-oriented, wellness-motivated, and tranquility-minded... or are working towards these ends... we would love to have you.
Enjoy panoramic views of the Ojai Valley from our redwood infinity deck. Our property is home to dogs, cats, horses, birds, and countless wildlife.
NOTE!! CLEANING & TOT FEES: We have a Ventura County business license as well as a Transient Occupancy Tax Certificate. Our cleaning fee includes *additional* required fees for the Ventura County Transient Occupancy Tax as well as the Ojai Tourism Tax, as Airbnb does not yet provide separate fee sections on listings.
The studio has recently been updated, with comfort in mind:
- Queen size Keetsa organic memory foam mattress with Ralph Lauren sheets and down comforter and Hotel Collection, resort-quality pillows; four drawers in bed frame for storing clothing during your stay (the bed looks small in the photos, but it is a queen!)
- New, dedicated mini-split heater and AC with remote control, which ensures your comfort year-round. It gets hot in the Summer!
- Rolling glass-top desk by RebelDesk with crank-adjustable height for stand-up functionality; includes a 27" Apple Cinema Display for connecting to your laptop - use for work, social, or as a TV with Netflix, Hulu, Prime, or your cable/satellite provider account
- Reverse Osmosis filtered water** in kitchen (using property water that is potassium filtered at point of entry), for 12ppm water. **Note to diabetics: be sure to use this filtered water spout for drinking, as potassium-filtered water is contraindicated for diabetics
- Full kitchen - gas cooktop with hood & fan
- Full toaster-oven for toasting, cooking pizza, and baking
- Mini-fridge with freezer
- Deep soaking tub with comfort/safety height low entry
- Comfort height toilet
- French doors leading to the deck providing valley views from bed
- Steamer deck chairs with cushions, towels, and patio umbrella for Sunrise, Sunset, and all day lounging
- Yoga mats for your use inside or on the deck, and schedule custom-tailored private yoga instruction* from one of Ojai's beloved yoga instructors during your stay (*please message in advance for yoga scheduling arrangements)
PRIVACY: The studio sits up the hillside from our horse stable and driveway on the property, both of which are viewable from the deck. You may see us coming and going, and we may see you, but we will respect your privacy and ask for the same! Happy to meet you as well, which we can arrange by Airbnb messaging.
ARRIVAL: If you plan to arrive after dark, please be aware that we are in *rural* Ojai - no street lights or excessive illumination (there are ordinances preventing light pollution, thankfully). You will be navigating country roads with minimal signage in the dark. Also, while we make every effort to check guests in personally, sometimes we are simply unable to - but will provide you with self check-in instructions!
We live in a high fire hazard zone and do not permit smoking or burning of any materials of any kind on the property. If we smell cigarette or incense smoke in or around the studio and/or find other evidence of smoking or burning of any materials on the property, we will deduct a $200 fee from your security deposit. We do enforce this (and we have), so please respect our space and don't expect this rule to not apply to you.
By booking the studio, you agree to this fee.
Long-term Rentals & Pets: The studio is not available for long term rentals or for guests with pets - so please save your time and ours and do not message requesting a long term rental or pet accommodations - thank you in advance!
Check In: 4:00pm-10:00pm PST (no later than 10pm, please)
Check Out: 10:00am PST
**No Early Bag Drop-Off on day of check-in
**Please arrive at 4pm or later. We have had some guests parking on the private road before 4pm for extended periods of time, and this is disruptive to our community - please respect our neighbors and arrive at or after check-in time - thank you!
Guests may access the studio & attached deck, parking on right side of property behind studio, and the laundry room behind the studio.
*****We will respect your privacy and will only meet with you if and when agreed upon. Please extend us the same courtesy and do not approach the house unless we have arranged to meet with you in advance, thank you!
Interaction with guests
As we live on the property, please respect our privacy and message via the AirBnB system if you have any questions or needs during your stay. We appreciate our privacy - and will respect yours during your visit!
***Please Note: The studio is not available for long term rentals or for guests with pets other than service animals - so please save your time and ours and do not message requesting a long term rental or pet accommodations - thank you in advance!
Other things to note
While we don't allow pets in the studio with our guests, those with pet allergies should be aware that service dogs have stayed in the studio before and we do have cats, dogs, and horses on the property - very friendly and well-behaved.
NO Smoking, or burning of incense, sage or any other materials in the studio or on the property. There will be a deposit deduction of a $200 additional cleaning fee if there is evidence of smoking or burning of any kind.
We live on a rural drive, and have a dirt/gravel driveway - important to note for low sportscars. Please drive slowly!
CLEANING & TOT FEES: We include fees for the Ventura County Transient Occupancy Tax and Ojai Tourism Tax into our Cleaning Fee, as Airbnb does not yet provide separate fee sections on listings.
***Please Note: The studio is not available for long term rentals or for guests with pets - so please save your time and ours and do not message requesting a long term rental or pet accommodations - thank you in advance!
1. Check-in between 4pm - 10pm on your reservation arrival date (no early arrivals, no early bag drop-off, and please do not park on the private drive for extended periods of time before 4pm check-in); Check-out is 10am. PLEASE USE AIRBNB MESSAGING FOR ALL COMMUNICATIONS BEFORE AND DURING YOUR STAY. Cell phone number is provided in case of emergency only.
2. No illegal drug use.
3. No pets are allowed to be brought on the property by the Guest Party.
4. Smoking, burning of incense or sage are NOT allowed in the studio or on the property. Vaping (non-flame) is allowed outside the studio only: WE WILL DEDUCT AN ADDITIONAL $200 CLEANING FEE FROM YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT IF THE ROOM SMELLS OF SMOKE, INCENSE, OR ANY OTHER BURNED MATERIALS OR IF WE FIND EVIDENCE OF SUCH IN OR AROUND THE STUDIO OR PROPERTY.
5. Two Guest Party vehicles are allowed in the provided driveway parking area.
6. No shoes inside studio - please take shoes off prior to entering studio (there is a mat on the outside patio for shoes).
7. Guest Party acknowledges the presence of Homeowner's animals on the property, dogs, cats, horses, and wildlife, and that Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illness that occurs as a result of Guest interactions with property animals.
8. Do not feed the animals on the property (this includes dogs, cats, horses, birds, or other wildlife) without prior permission.
9. People other than those in the Guest Party may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. The Homeowner has not represented this unit as an event facility, therefore, there is a limit to the number of any visitors at any one time (in addition to registered occupants) of two (2). At no time may any of these visitors remain overnight or assume any Guest Party privileges whatsoever, including but not limited to the use of the kitchen or shower.
10. The Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest Party. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests in Guest Party are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
11. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order and only use appliances for their intended uses.
12. We allow children with the following stipulations:
- Guest Party is responsible for any and all necessary 'baby proofing'.
- Children under age of 13 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
13. The use of the high-speed broadband internet connection is subject to the terms and conditions set forth by our ISP and Guest Party agrees that property internet access will not be used to violate any State and/or Federal laws.
14. There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
By booking this property, you (the Guest Party) confirm that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms of these rules, and have read and understand all property descriptions listed herein.