About this listing
This house is truly a classic! Looks much like a San Francisco estate - minus the fog. It's old (1930), but lovely - on a fabulous level lot - right near the heart of town. The original owner built many homes in town, but kept the best double lot for himself. Located in a sunny quiet neighborhood with convenient proximity to everything in the Bay Area. Short stroll to lots of great restaurants and coffee shops. 4 blocks to Trader Joe's. Great place to walk or ride bikes.
Upstairs flat (2,200 sq.ft.) consists of:
• Bedroom 1: Queen bed with half bath
• Bedroom 2: Set of bunk beds and crib
• Bedroom 3: queen bed
• Main bathroom has large California shower
• Large gourmet kitchen with Thermador appliances
• Adjoining family room with wood fireplace and HDTV
• Adjoining formal dining room with built-in oak hutch
• Large formal living room with TV and wood fireplace
• Large private backyard with swimming pool
San Carlos is called the "City of Good Living". Visit us and find out why. Come spend the weekend - or stay for a year.
2 blocks to Burton Park
1 mile to CalTrain Station
3 miles to Oracle in Redwood Shores
6 miles to Filoli Mansion
7 miles to Stanford University
12 miles to SFO Airport
13 miles to Half Moon Bay
20 miles to San Francisco
20 miles to Great America Theme Park
22 miles to San Jose
33 miles to Berkeley
40 miles to Muir Woods
50 miles to Santa Cruz
72 miles to Napa Valley
94 miles to Monterey
100 miles to Carmel-By-The-Sea
123 miles to Big Sur
• 11 minute Caltrain ride to Palo Alto/Stanford
• 18 minute Caltrain ride to BART
• 27 minute Caltrain ride to Santa Clara University
• 32 minute Caltrain ride to San Francisco
• Then walk 2 blocks to Giant's Game at AT&T Park
• 38 minute Caltrain ride to San Jose
Other things to note
Downstairs unit is usually occupied.
No safety gate around pool.
Children need to know how to swim.
Minimum week stay required in summer.
Summer rates = $2500/week
Absolutely no smoking!
Please park in street in front of house.
We are San Francisco natives who moved to the peninsula in 1980 - when Silicon Valley began to boom. My husband and I were both fortunate to find great jobs - and buy some real estate along the way. We discovered San Carlos and joked that it was much like Mayberry RFD. We've loved living here for over 30 years. We raised 3 kids here and are now grandparents. We enjoy spending time with our kids. In an attempt to keep them close by, we will try and turn this rare old home over to them (along with all the work it entails). Fortunately, it's big enough to be two independent units. Your visit will help us pay our mortgage and outrageous property taxes. Thank you! If all goes well, maybe someday we can retire and travel too? I look forward to meeting you. If you come from somewhere warm and would like to trade vacation time in the future, make sure you let me know.