#150 New log cabin in a serene setting
For more information on this cabin check out it`s own (EMAIL HIDDEN) Charming newly-constructed log cabin in a serene setting on pristine Wilson Pond about 15 minutes east of Greenville to let you escape from the hustle and bustle, and take a moment to relax on the covered porch admiring the water views, or soak in a soothing bath, or simply take a walk along the wooded walking paths. This new cabin is cleverly constructed with an open kitchen, living and dining room combination with hardwood floors and a vaulted ceiling and a downstairs bedroom and bathroom. Upstairs you will find another bedroom and bath, with a catwalk connecting to a bedroom with 2 day beds or sitting room. The waterfront photo is of the great pebble common beach and dock, less than a 1/4 mile from this cabin. At the common beach, the water is crystal clear, the bottom is solid and consists of small smooth slate stones, and the drop off is gradual and well suited to small children. Enjoy fishing right off the common dock too! There is also a mostly private beach within walking distance of this cabin too. Please note even though this property is on a well water system, guests will want to bring/use bottled water for drinking. WINTER GUESTS TO ACCESS THE SNOWMOBILE TRAILS FROM THE PROPERTY - Simply continue down the road past the cabin and within a 1/4 mile is the boat launch area that is used to access the snowmobile trails.
•NO Landline Phone
•TV with Satellite (No Satellite from March 1 - June 1st, DVD player only)
•YES, Blankets/Pillows provided
•YES, Sheets/Pillowcases Provided
•YES, Towels provided
•Outdoor Fire Pit
ATV trail access directly from cabin
Cooking Pots & pans
Check-In Day: FRIDAY from June 26-Aug 28, 2015
Check-In Time: BEGINS 4:00 PM during prime season
Check-Out Time: 10:00 AM
Town/Body of water: Rum Ridge/ Lower Wilson Pond
Type of waterfront: Wooded, Hilly While this property is waterfront, there is no access to the lake from the cabin because the shoreline is wooded and hilly. There is access to a nice common beach area only a 1/4 mile away.
Distance to Waterfront: While unaccessible, the distance to the lake is about 200 feet, the distance to the common beach is a 1/4 mile.
Privacy Rating for this property is a 4
5 – very private, secluded location, lots of protection from trees, cannot see any neighbors from the house, not close to any roads, long driveway.
4 – private location, protection from trees, neighbors a comfortable distance away, not close to any roads.
3 – still in a quiet location, but one neighbor close by, little protection from trees, may be close to a road.
2 – semi-quiet location, neighbors close by, may have road noise.
1 – in-town home, little or no privacy.
# of Bedrooms: 3
Bed Sizes: Upstairs is 1 Bedroom with king, Main floor is 1 bedroom with king, Upstairs loft with 2 day beds
# of Bathrooms: 2
Bathroom Type: Main floor 1 Bath with shower, Upstairs is 1 bath with tub
Smoking AND/OR Fireworks Are Prohibited On EVERY Property
We represent a wide variety of quality vacation rentals throughout the Moosehead Lake Region of Maine. Individually and privately owned, each vacation rental reflects the taste of its property owners. Every effort has been made to ensure that the descriptions and amenities listed above are accurate. However, occasionally changes are made by the owners to furnishings, amenities and equipment. Once a change that has occurred is brought to our attention, we will update that webpage. If you have any specific questions not addressed above or are in search of specific criteria, please contact us.
Interaction with guests
What You Need To Know
Frequently Asked Question`s & General Guidelines
Whether this is your first time renting a private home, or you are a savvy traveler that realizes a vacation rental is the economical, convenient and smart way to go, you can have peace of mind that our professional vacation rental company will strive to make your experience "worry-free!"
1. How do I make a reservation? - You can either book online which is fast, easy & secure or give us a call at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). A 50% deposit due at the time of reservation. Once we receive a reservation request we will confirm it with the property owner and e-mail a reservation confirmation using Docusign. Docusign is an online signature program to sign your rental agreement and any other applicable paperwork. The remaining 50% is due 30 days prior to arrival which we will automatically charge to the credit card number on file unless alternate payment arrangements have been made. Also at 30 days prior to your arrival date, we will e-mail you a final confirmation which includes directions to our office and check-in information.
2. What if I need to cancel my reservation? - Cancellation notice must be given at least 90 days prior to your arrival date in order to receive monies that were paid in advance, less a $100 cancellation fee. From 90 to 31 days prior to your arrival the 50% deposit is non-refundable. From 30 days prior to your arrival the full payment is non-refundable. The cancellation policy is the same for winter/snowmobile reservations, however if there is little to no snow, then we may issue the renter a "rain check". This "rain check" can be used to rebook a later date at the same property but only until the end of that current winter season. Northwoods Camp Rentals reserves the right to cancel any reservation made under false pretenses.
3. Check-in & Check-out - During the prime season summer months, most rentals are on a full week rental schedule with the check-in and check-out day being Saturday. Check-in on Saturday is from 4-6 pm. However some properties are on a Friday-Friday or Monday-Monday schedule too (on weekdays check-in is from 2-4 pm). If you arrive after the office is closed there is an after-hours pick-up box beside the office door. Check-out is by 10AM on the day of departure. Upon check-out we ask that you return your key to the office & dispose of your trash in the dumpster at the office driveway (there is a separate bin for recycling & returnables). If the property you are renting is in an outlying area such as Rockwood or Monson then we will give you directions to those local transfer stations to dispose of your trash. Also please remember to take care of and respect the property as if it were your own, and leave it in a "broom clean" condition.
4. Occupancy Standards - Rental properties have maximum occupancy limits as specified on the property webpage and in the rental agreement, which must be strictly adhered to. Any violation of these standards will be grounds for eviction without refund.
5. Are there any other fees? The base rental rate for each property is listed on the individual property page. In addition to this an 11% cleaning fee and 8% Maine Lodging Tax applies to each reservation. If you are traveling with pets there is a $95 pet fee. On most properties there is also the Accidental Damage Coverage for $49, or on a handful of the high-end properties there is an additional security deposit. Additional options that you can add on to your reservation include linen rentals, canoe and kayak rentals, and a motorboat rental.
6.Just Ask — If you ever have a question about our beautiful Moosehead Lake Region during your vacation planning, just give us a call toll-free! On top of that, we do give you information on the area at check-in, as well as having Vacation Guides and Hiking/Fishing info available.
7. Do you accept pets? - Yes & No! About half of our cabins accept pets and the other half do not. If pets are allowed it will be noted on the property webpage. Below is a copy of our pet policy, which will be included in your reservation confirmation e-mail for you to sign and return no later than 30 days prior to arrival. A non-refundable pet fee of $95 is required. If there are pets discovered in or around a rental unit that does not accept pets, renters may be asked to vacate the rental unit immediately with all monies forfeited.
Example of pet policy:
a. Always clean up after your pet(s), vacuum up pet hair and remove all evidence from the yard before checking out. Pets are not allowed on the beds or furniture. If additional cleaning services are needed after your stay due to your pet(s), a fee will be assessed.
b. Do not leave your pet(s) unattended at the rental unit. If outside, pet(s) must be on a leash or under strict verbal control. Pet(s) must not be nuisance barkers.
c. You agree that you will be financially responsible for damages caused by your pet(s).
d. Your pet(s) is/are of a friendly, docile nature and do not have a history of biting.
e. With this form, you MUST submit proof that your pet is currently and will be on a flea-prevention program such as Frontline and that all shots are up-to-date prior to your arrival. This could be in the form of a letter or note from your veterinarian’s office (or store receipts for products such as Frontline are acceptable).
8. Telephones - If the owner supplies a telephone at the rental unit, it is for local or toll-free calls only. The renter must use a calling card for toll calls. If renter makes long-distance calls, it is the renter`s responsibility to pay for all toll calls made during their stay, as well as a $50 service fee.
9. What about linens? - Depending on the rental unit, sheets and towels may be provided. If these are provided, it will be listed on the individual property page under “other amenities.” However, most of the vacation rentals only provide pillows/blankets, and you may either bring your own sheets & towels, or add sheet and towel rentals on to your reservation.
10. Packing List - This is a general list provided for your convenience….
a) We do have a welcome bag that is a starter kit with items like toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, hand soap, dish soap, dishwasher detergent & laundry detergent in the rental unit to get you started for the week.
b) We do not stock the rental properties with other items like aluminum foil, salt & pepper, paper plates, etc.
c) Oftentimes items like this will be there that were left behind from other renters or the owners.
11. Is smoking allowed? NO SMOKING AND/OR FIREWORKS are allowed in any property or it`s premises. If evidence of smoking is found, it will result in a cleaning fee/penalty.
Other things to note
Guest / Concierge Services
Sapphire Sunsets Luxury Pontoon Boat Cruises
The best place to relax at the end of a fun & adventurous day is on a sunset cruise aboard a private, luxurious pontoon boat. Nothing else compares to floating on the legendary Moosehead Lake while watching Mother Nature paint her finest colors in the sky as the sun slowly dips behind the majest mountains.
HOW: To reserve your seats call ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
WHEN: Thursday and Friday Evenings (July - Sept) 6 pm - 9 pm
HOW MUCH: Adullts $35 Children (5-17) $25 NOTE: Not recommended for children under 5
WHERE: Check-in Northwoods Camp Rentals office - 14 Lakeview Street Greenville, ME 04441
1) Reservations/cancelations need to be made 24 hours in advance. Trips may be canceled due to inclement weather and customers will be notified by noon the same day.
2) 1 cooler & 1 bag per family allowed on board.
3) Water, lemonade, light refreshments will be provided. Customers welcome to BYOB and other snacks.
4) Remember to bring: Warm Clothing, Sunscreen, Camera
5) Private Charters Available
If your property DOES NOT provide linens then we offer linen rentals at $15 per set.
All properties provide pillows & blankets.
Sheets Sets - Wamsutta Fine Quality 400 thread ct- Choose from King, Queen, Double/Full or Twin
Towel Sets - Includes 2 Bath Towels, 1 Hand Towel & 2 Face Towels
All linens are delivered to your cabin and the beds are made up prior to your arrival.
Kayaks are a great way to get out and explore the lake, listen to the loons, or view a sunset!
Add a kayak rental onto your cabin reservation and your boat will be waiting at the shore upon your arrival.
The single person kayak rentals are 9-12 feet long, approx 40-50 lbs and have dry storage compartments.
A tandem (or 2 person) kayak rental is 13.5 feet long, approx 65 lbs, offers comfortable seating for 2 adults or 1 adult with a child, plus a small dry storage compartment.
Depending on your cabin location & kayak size, rentals range from $225-$315 per week. We can also offer kayak rentals on a weekend basis, rentals range from $195-$275 for 4 days/3 nights. All kayak rentals include life jackets, paddles, plus round-trip delivery to your cabin location.
Relax & enjoy nature or do some fishing in a canoe. Canoes comfortably seat 2 people plus offer ample space for gear.
Add a canoe rental onto your cabin reservation and your boat will be waiting at the shore upon your arrival.
Canoes range in length from 15 to 17 feet & approx 72-85 lbs.
Depending on your cabin location, canoe rentals range from $225-$265 per week. We can also offer canoe rentals on a weekend basis, rentals range $195-$235 for 4 days/3 nights. All canoe rentals include life jackets, paddles, plus round-trip delivery to your cabin location.
Paddleboards are the newest and trendiest way to experience the water and explore the lake.
Add a paddleboard rental onto your cabin reservation and it will be waiting at the shore upon your arrival.
The paddleboards available for rent are Glide premium paddle boards and available in these three models - the Retro 11 standard board, Lotus Yoga board and Keiki Youth board for Kids up to 120 lbs.
Depending on your cabin location, paddleboard rentals range from $225-$265 per week. We can also offer paddleboard rentals on a weekend basis, rentals range $195-$235 for 4 days/3 nights. All paddleboard rentals include life jackets, paddles, plus round-trip delivery to your cabin location.
Note: Please take special care when launching paddleboards into the water, or taking them out. The bottoms of the paddleboards are not designed to be dragged over rocks or debris. Thank-you!
(PLUS A CANOE)
20 ft Sea Ray 1993 Motorboat with 135 hp Inboard/Outboard V6 Motor that comfortably seats 6 people plus a cuddy cab.
The motorboat is only rented by the week and is $1450 but this also includes a free canoe!
This is a copy of the Motorboat (plus Canoe) Rental Agreement (URL HIDDEN)
Max Occupancy 8, Pets allowed, NO Smoking
During the prime season summer months, most rentals are on a full week rental schedule with the check-in and check-out day being Saturday. Check-in on Saturday is from 4-6 pm. However some properties are on a Friday-Friday or Monday-Monday schedule too (on weekdays check-in is from 2-4 pm). If you arrive after the office is closed there is an after-hours pick-up box beside the office door. Check-out is by 10AM on the day of departure. Upon check-out we ask that you return your key to the office & dispose of your trash in the dumpster at the office driveway (there is a separate bin for recycling & returnables). If the property you are renting is in an outlying area such as Rockwood or Monson then we will give you directions to those local transfer stations to dispose of your trash. Also please remember to take care of and respect the property as if it were your own, and leave it in a "broom clean" condition.
Experience Maine’s Lakes & Mountains at Moosehead Lake and enjoy all the comforts of home in a private waterfront cabin.
With over 60 properties, we offer the area's largest and best selection of Moosehead Lake Cabins, Camps, Cottages and Homes.
Our Moosehead Lake Rentals feature amenities like pebble beaches, lots of privacy, complete kitchens, boat docks, internet and cable/satellite TV, washer/dryer, open floor plans and stone fireplaces, outdoor fire pits, BBQ grills and LOTS of family fun.
So contact us today and let us know what you are looking for because finding the perfect place for your family vacation is what we do!