A perfect getaway to find peace and relax AMIDST WOODS. This beautiful HERITAGE HOUSE stands in a 50 acre land in Kollur looking at the KODACHADRI PEAK. The ambience here is definitely going to calm your mind and rejuvenate yourself. This property is also located next to a STREAM OF WATER and has its own pond in between. The house itself is decorated with mesmerising ANCIENT ARTIFACTS.
"THREE REASONS why the place is A MUST VISIT:
1. Located in KOLUUR, this home stay is surrounded by Areca nuts, Coconuts, Pepper, Temple Tree, Cashew Trees, Banana Palms, Mango Trees and different BREEDS OF FLOWERS. There is a PRIVATE WATERBODY to relax and there is about 3 KM LONG PATHWAYS for your evening strolls.
02. The house is TRADITIONALLY STYLED; it is a WARM & COSY place perfect for the PLEASANT CLIMATE surrounded by nature.
03. TRADITIONAL CUISINE. For the foodies out there, who love to travel and taste some of the best cuisines, the homestay provides AUTHENTIC HOME COOKED style of meat dishes and vegetarian dishes as well.
THREE REASONS to have a look at prior to booking your stay:
01. The stay is AWAY FROM THE CITY; hence it would be advisable to have a PRIVATE MEANS OF TRANSPORT. Travelers can choose a CAB service provider as well.
02. Also, due to it's location, there is SLIGHT CONNECTIVITY ISSUES now and then.
03. Although SMOKING & CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL in a responsible manner is allowed, PARTIES & LOUD MUSIC are strictly PROHIBITED."
"Kollur experiences pleasant weather throughout the year with the temperatures soaring slightly high during the summers. The town witnesses HEAVY SHOWERS for 5 months throughout the year; resulting in lush greenery througout your view. Calm and serene, this is a perfect getaway from crowded cities and towns. One can feel a step closer to Mother Nature in this UNADULTERED environment.
The stay is pretty close to Kollur. Travelers can choose to visit places in and around Kollur. Some of the places are as follows.
01. SRI MOOKAMBIKA TEMPLE
Kollur Mookambika Temple is located at Kollur, Udupi District in the state of Karnataka, India. It is a Hindu temple dedicated to the mother Goddess known as Mookambika Devi. It is situated in the foothills of Kodachadri hills, on the southern bank of Souparnika River. The stay is located about 6 Kms from the Temple. VIP Dharshans could be arranged, if informed well in advance.
02. KODACHADRI PEAK
Kodachadri is a mountain peak with dense forests in the Western Ghats in South India, 78km from Shimoga. It is declared as natural heritage site by the Karnataka Government. and it is 13th highest peak of Karnataka. TREK to the peak can be arranged for our guests at a nominal cost, if informed well in advance.
03. ST. MARY'S ISLAND
At a distance of 15 Kms from Udupi Railway Station, 65 Kms from Mangalore, 80 Kms from Kollur, St. Mary's Island is a GROUP OF SMALL BEAUTIFUL ISLANDS to the north of Malpe Beach near Udupi. The island has two beautiful beaches and crystallized BASALT ROCK FORMATIONS. The unique rock formations scattered through out the island giving a special landscape to the place. The rock formations are one of rarely found in the world. EASTERN BEACH boasts of VIRGIN SANDS, WESTERN BEACH is entirely made of SEA SHELLS. This unspoiled island is a very beautiful place with white sands, coconut trees, blue waters & pleasant atmosphere.
At a distance of 45 Kms from Kollur, 25 Kms from Udupi & 70 Kms from Murudeswar, ANEGUDDE VINAYAKA TEMPLE is located in Kumbhashi between Udupi & karwar (about 9 Kms from Kundapur). The main sanctum sanctorum contains the majestic figure of VINAYAKA WITH SILVER ARMOUR, in standing posture. Tulabharam, a custom of offering to God valuables in weight equivalent of a person is frequently done in this temple by devotees.
05. MARVANTHE BEACH
At a distance of 39 Kms from Kollur, 48 Kms from Murudeshwar & 52 Kms from Udupi, Maravanthe is the place separated by Arabian Sea on one side and Souparnika River on the other. The Maravanthe Beach is a beautiful sight on the NH17 towards Udupi. With a mountainous BACKDROP OF KODACHADRI HILLS this is a picturesque virgin beach not unspoiled by tourists. The beach is also WELL LIT up at NIGHT and the street lights reflect in the waters, making an attractive display. The water at Maravanthe beach is safe for swimming."
Udupi, Karnataka, India