Palm-lined resort villa above Kaunaoa Point
8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 3.5 bathrooms
The Big Island’s western Kohala Coast, offers the chance for a dream Hawaiian vacation. With sunny beach and golf weather all year round, along with generally calm waters and easy breezes, here is where Mauna Kea Resort established the benchmark for luxury and service. Built around the white sand beaches of Kauna’Oa and Hapun—at the foot of Mauna Kea, Hawaii’s tallest mountain—Kauna’Oa 9A sits between the historic Pu’ukoholā Heiau (Temple on the Hill of the Whale) historical site of Kamehameha I and a charming complex of fishing villages to the south.
Kauna’Oa 9A is a spacious two story townhome with 4,400 square feet of space including a large covered lanai. The unit is perfect for guests looking to stay in close proximity to the convenience of hotel facilities and two of the best beaches on Big Island. The grounds include a barbecue, alfresco dining and lounging areas and a private backyard with a large, contoured swimming pool and hot tub surrounded by tropical foliage and tiki torches for that classic island atmosphere. Indoors, you will find televisions, Wi-Fi, air conditioning, ceiling fans and laundry facilities.
You and your guests are sure to be impressed by the open plan living, dining and kitchen area. The formal dining area and living room lead directly outside. The fully equipped kitchen features gas hobs, a center island with additional sink and breakfast bar.
The four bedrooms and three and a half baths at Kauna’Oa 9A comfortably accommodate up to ten guests. The villa is a perfect retreat for families and groups of friends. Three bedrooms feature ensuite bathrooms, three have televisions and three offer outdoor access—something for everyone!
Unwind in style and resplendence at Kauna’Oa 9A. Have some fun by the pool or the beach, or tee off one some of the most sensational golf courses in the world. With a timeless tradition of aloha (peace and affection), Mauna Kea Resort welcomes generations of guests to be inspired by the past, enveloped in the moment and graced by warm days and exciting possibility.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
HAWAII TAX ID #: W58698130-01
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower and bathtub, Television, Ceiling fan, Access to terrace
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shared with bedroom 3, Stand-alone shower, Television, Ceiling fan, Access to terrace
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Access to bathroom shared with bedroom 3, Stand-alone shower, Television, Ceiling fan
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone bathtub, Ceiling fan, Access to balcony
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Dining area with seating for 8
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Swimming pool
- Hot tub
- Alfresco dining
- Lounge chairs
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfers
- Activities and excursions
- Access to Mauna Kea and Hapuna Prince Hotel amenities
Points of Interest:
- 10 minute walk to Hapuna Golf Course
- 9 minute drive to Mauna Kea Golf Course
- 9.6 miles to Francis H. I'i Brown South Course
- 10 miles to Waikoloa Beach Golf Course
- 13 miles to Waimea
- 34 miles to Kailua-Kona
- 76 miles to Hilo
- 10 minute walk to Mauna Kea Beach
- 8 minute drive Hapuna Beach State Park
- 3.5 miles to Waialea Beach
- 8.5 miles to Pauoa Bay Beach
- 9.1 miles to Holoholokai Beach
- 27 miles to Kona International Airport (KOA)
- 77 miles to Hilo International Airport (ITO)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Mauna Kea Resort, HI
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.