Tuscan villa with period details near Siena
16 guests · 7 bedrooms · 6.5 bathrooms
From the outside, La Maccinaia looks like the well-preserved 17th-century Tuscan villa it is, with three stories of stone walls standing atop a hill in the heart of Chianti. On the inside, though, this seven-bedroom property is an intriguing mix of restored architectural features and modern furnishings, with a stunning kitchen at the center. If you want to explore the region, ask the on-site caretaker for local tips.
The villa is perched on a hill, so the pool and terraces have beautiful views of the countryside. There’s an outdoor grill, plenty of chaise longues around the pool and a covered table for outdoor dining. Inside, the house’s 21st century features include air conditioning, a flat-screen television and Wi-Fi access. A guest house separate from the main villa offers its own living and dining areas, kitchenette and terrace.
The interiors are an elegant mix of original features, like a fireplace, beamed ceilings and terracotta floors, and sleek modern furnishings, like minimalist white sofas and glass-topped tables. Contemporary art in the common areas and a few bedrooms makes for a colorful focal point. The standout white kitchen is laid out around an island fronted with stainless steel and topped with stone, but retains its brick ceiling and mullioned windows.
There are five bedrooms in the main villa and two in the guest house. In the main villa, there are three bedrooms with queen beds: two with en-suite bathrooms and shared toilets, and one with bathroom access. The master suite has a king bed, en-suite bathroom and shared toilet, and the fifth bedroom has four twin beds that can be made into king beds and an en-suite bathroom. In the guest house, one bedroom has a double bed and the other has two twin beds; both have en-suite bathrooms. Additional accommodations can be arranged in a bedroom with bunk beds.
La Maccinaia is located in a quiet area of Chianti between the villages of Gaiole and Castelnuovo Berardenga. If you’re looking for peace and seclusion, you’ll find it here; the nearest town is nearly 14 km away. If you are looking to explore the region, the closest city is Siena.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Annex: 4 Single beds (can be made into King beds), En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Access to bathroom with shower (shared with common areas of first floor)
- Bedroom 3 - Master: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with bathtub and separate shower, Air condition
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Shared toilet, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with bathtub, Shared toilet, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 6: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with bathtub, Sitting are, Kitchenette, Dining table, Terrace access
- Bedroom 7: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with shower, Opens onto the garden
- Additional Bedding: Small bedroom with bunk beds, Accessible through Bedroom 7, Suitable for children; additional fees may apply
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Air conditioning
- Satellite television
- DVD player
- Wi-Fi access
- Washer & Dryer
- Baby cot
- High chair
- Heated pool – open between May 30th – October 3rd
- Alfresco dining
- BBQ grill
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service - 3 hours a day, 5 days a week
- Weekly linen change
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Villa heating
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Laundry service
- Child care service
- Additional maid service
- Mandatory Visitor’s Tax of 1.50€ per person per day payable on-site:
- Applicable on the first 7 days
- Fees and conditions are subject to change
Points of Interest:
- 17 km to Gaiole in Chianti
- 87 km to Florence Airport (FLR)
- Villa is accessible via a 5 km dirt road
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Surround sound system
+ 5 more
Gaiole in Chiant, Italy
80 min drive
Points of Interest
27 min drive
Gaiole in Chianti
30 min drive
47 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 125 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 125 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.