10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 5.5 bathrooms
The sun shines overhead, the sea glimmers in the distance and a relaxed holiday awaits at the island retreat of Aelia. This beautifully appointed Crete vacation rental is set in the quieter area of Rethymno, close to a town and several beaches. Its resort-worthy amenities and five bedrooms can welcome up to ten friends or family members in modern Greek style and luxury.
Your stay begins with a welcome basket full of wine and local treats. It only gets sweeter from there, thanks to outdoor living areas with a pool, lounging and dining areas, a barbecue in an al-fresco kitchen, plus a hot tub, sauna and massage room for the grown-ups and a playground for the kids. Inside, the amenities range from an exercise room, pool table and playroom to a media room and Wi-Fi.
Creamy stone floors and charming wrought-iron accents set a refined tone in the open-concept living and dining rooms inside Aelia. A generous sectional and sculptural dining chairs provide seating for eleven, and there’s another breakfast table in a nook adjacent to the fully equipped kitchen.
The villa has three bedrooms with double beds and private en-suite bathrooms. The other two bedrooms have a double bed and two twin beds, respectively, and share a hallway bathroom. If you’re traveling with very young children, a baby cot is available upon request. Details like tufted headboards and stone-tile-clad bathrooms lend the bedrooms a look of contemporary elegance.
From Aelia, you can make the 10-minute walk or take the three provided bicycles to the town of Skaleta, where you’ll find a quiet, pebbled beach perfect for a honeymoon-style stroll, as well as a few hotels where you can stop for a drink. If you’ve rented a car, it’s a short drive to Spilies Beach, Aquila Rithymna Beach, and the restaurants and nightlife of the town of Rethymno.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Sofa bed, Lounge area, Television, Safe
- Bedroom 2: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Television, Safe, Desk
- Bedroom 3: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television, Safe, Desk, Balcony
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin size beds (or 1 King size), Shared access to hall bathroom with bedroom 5 with rain shower/bathtub combo, Dual Vanity, Television, Balcony, Outdoor furniture, Desk
- Bedroom 5: Double size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with bedroom 4 with rain shower/bathtub combo, Dual Vanity, Balcony
*Baby cot available upon request
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Coffee Machine
- Formal dining area with seating for 11
- Media room
- Exercise room
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Pool table
- Kids playroom
- Swimming Pool
- Hot tub (heating included with aromatherapy, phototherapy & waterfall)
- Alfresco dining with seating for 11
- Outdoor Kitchen
- Parking - 5 spaces
- Sun loungers
- Massage room
- Kids playground
STAFF & SERVICES
- 3 complimentary bicycles
- Housekeeping, towels and linen changes twice per week.
- Welcome basket included, wine and traditional Cretan treats.
- Pool and garden cleaning once per week.
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Private chef: Breakfast, lunch & dinner preparation daily upon request with extra charge.
- Boat trips
Points of Interest
- 10 minute walk to Skaleta
- 13 km to Monastery of Arkadi
- 37 km to Argyroupoli
- 40 km to Anogia
- 70 km to Heraklion
- 76 km to Chania
- 124 km to Viannos
- 128 km to Keratokampos
- 140 km to Arvi village
- 6.1 km to Spilies Beach
- 7.3 km to Aquila Rithymna Beach
- 28 km to Episkopi beach
- 70 km to Heraklion Airport (HER)
- 80 km to Chania International Airport (CHQ)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 11 people
Heraklion Airport N. Kazantzakis
60 min drive
Chania International Airport
74 min drive
Aquila Rithymna Beach
11 min drive
13 min drive
25 min drive
Points of Interest
8 min walking
Monastery of Arkadi
21 min drive
61 min drive
64 min drive
70 min drive
106 min drive
120 min drive
130 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.