Cancellation options due to COVID-19
Reservations made on or before 14 March 2020
If your reservation was made on or before 14 March 2020 and COVID-19 affects your travel plans, you can find out what your current cancellation and refund options are by going to cancel your reservation and choosing My travel plans have changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Depending on your circumstances, you may see one or more of the following options:
- A refund according to your Host’s cancellation policy
- A full cash refund after submitting official documentation for review
- An extenuating circumstances travel credit
- Ask your Host for a full refund
Reservations made after 14 March 2020 and before 31 May 2022
If your reservation was made after 14 March 2020 and before 31 May 2022 and COVID-19 affects your travel plans, your Host’s cancellation policy will apply. However, if you’re sick due to COVID-19, this is covered under our Extenuating Circumstances Policy.
If your reservation doesn’t qualify for a full refund, you can always message your Host to find out if they’re willing to give you an additional refund through the Resolution Centre.
Reservations made on or after 31 May 2022
If your reservation was made on or after 31 May 2022 and COVID-19 affects your travel plans, your Host’s cancellation policy will apply. Our Extenuating Circumstances Policy does not cover COVID-19-related cancellations for these bookings.
Other things to be aware of
The information above doesn’t apply to Luxe reservations, which are subject to a separate Luxe Rebooking and Refund Policy. For Luxe reservations made before 20 March 2020, read Airbnb Luxe's response to COVID-19 and get in touch with your trip designer directly with any questions.
Different policies apply for domestic reservations in South Korea.
- GuestYou can get a full refund for any adventure if you cancel at least 30 days before the adventure is scheduled to start, or within 24 hours of…
- GuestFind details about requirements and how to take the next steps.
- HostIf your guest changes a monthly stay with less than 30 days' notice, you have the option to either enforce or waive your cancellation policy…