Vista de la Luz
Vintage Mexican charm next to zip line, water park
- 12 guests
- 6 bedrooms
- 8 beds
- 8.5 bathrooms
Please note that this home is in close proximity to an ongoing construction project. Please inquire with a Trip Designer for more information.
Please note that this region may be affected by shifting seasonal currents and weather patterns causing an influx of seaweed at the beach.
Vista de la Luz is a spectacular villa on Isla Mujeres, a paradise-like island off the Yucatan Peninsula along Mexico's Riviera Maya (accessible via ferry from nearby Cancún). Situated near the island's southern tip, the villa features breathtaking sea views of Cancún Bay from virtually every living space and bedroom. Expansive exteriors include a private dock with palapa pavilion, a small private beach, a pool terrace, and a cavernous, open-air living room. The vacation rental includes a villa manager, housekeeping, and daily breakfast, and its six bedrooms accommodate up to twelve guests.
The towering home is perfectly designed for relishing the panoramic views and delicious Caribbean air. The middle story of the home features an open-air great room with forty-foot ceilings, a lovely water feature, comfortable lounge seating, and a superb onyx bar, while the lower terrace boasts an ample infinity pool, a well-appointed outdoor kitchen, and a cool veranda. Carved stone stairs lead to the dock and palapa extending into the luminous water.
Indoors, the villa balances modern comforts with vintage Mexican charm, including original artwork. On the pool level, the open-concept dining area features a fully equipped kitchen with granite breakfast bar, and the adjoining salon includes a cocktail bar and television. The villa is air conditioned and includes two washer/dyers and high-end media equipment.
The main house includes one king suite, three queen suites, and a studio apartment with two double beds and a trundle bed; while the pool house features a king bed and its own kitchen and living room. All of the bedrooms enjoy air conditioning and private bathrooms, and each opens to a terrace or balcony. The accommodations are ideal for family reunions and destination wedding guests.
Vista de la Luz is located directly beside a wonderful water park and zip-lining course, and is just a minute's walk from local restaurants. Visit nearby Punta Sur for its extraordinary views and ancient Mayan temple, or venture to the island's zocalo, or town square, which hosts a fabulous Artist Fair and Taste of Isla festival between November and April. Beyond its famed beaches and snorkeling spots, perhaps the island's most extraordinary attraction is the MUSA Underwater Sculpture Museum, the largest of its kind in the world.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Queen bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and jetted tub, Air-conditioning, Ceiling fan, Safe, Direct access to terrace
- Bedroom 2: 2 Queen beds, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air-conditioning, Ceiling fan, Private balcony
- Bedroom 3: Queen bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and jetted tub, Air-conditioning, Ceiling fan, Private balcony
- Bedroom 4: King bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and jetted tub, Air-conditioning, Ceiling fan, Safe, Direct access to terrace
- Bedroom 5 (Studio Apartment): 2 Double beds, 1 trundle bed (under 1 double bed), 2 separate full bathrooms with shower, Air-conditioning, Ceiling fan, Separate entrance
- Bedroom 6 – Pool House: King bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and jetted tub, Air-conditioning, Ceiling fan, Living room, Kitchen, Direct access to terrace
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Central air conditioning
- DVD player
- Wi-Fi access
- 2 Washers
- 2 Dryers
- Infinity pool
- Outdoor furniture
- Propane BBQ
- Alfresco dining
- Pool house
Staff & Services
- Housekeeping & Breakfast from Monday to Saturday 8:30 am – 2:30 pm
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Driver service
- In-villa spa treatment
- Event fee
- 1 minute walk to restaurants
- 10 minute drive to the town of Isla Mujeres
- 10 minute drive to:
- 40 km to Cancun International Airport (on the mainland)
- 43 km to golf course in Cancun (on the mainland)
Select check-in date
Add your travel dates for exact pricing
Add on services
After booking this home, a trip designer can arrange any of these add-on services.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
4.67 out of 5 stars from 6 reviews
Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Things to know
Check-in: After 14:00
Check out: 11:00
Health & safety
Airbnb's COVID-19 safety practices apply
No carbon monoxide alarm
No smoke alarm
Pool/hot tub without a gate or lock
Nearby lake, river, other body of water